Instant Pandora with a premium?

500 Boards per week, ok if CC sent some more Boards at the end of next week, i will get mine in about 2 Weeks, so the idea isnt tat bad to sell the recykled Pandoras.. :lol:

13 pages from the front...

still..... I`m all for it... as a late 1st batch`r myself... I`d welcome the speedups! :)

Wonder how many have gone for it now? 10... 20 ? 500$ a pop !! thats some good business/helping hands business!

Thank you from the whole team, you're making me smile like a loon, we're already moving quickly to take advantage of all this from Monday morning.

You didn't sleep. Go get some rest and come back and attack this renewed.

I've been following this project since right around february of 2008, so I would say I'm a long time supporter...

... DO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO, AND DON'T APOLIGIES FOR DOING IT, JUST DO IT!

Chris

post++; Very elegantly-written.

Is your birthday really on February 29th?

Yes. Terrible, isn't it.

And before you call me 6.5-years old. That "joke" is so old that Jesus' grandfather used to tell it.

How old are you, legally?
He was born before the dead sea was even sick. :D

In the east of England born and raised

On the internet was where I spent most of my days

Geeking out, coding, hackin' all cool

And chatting in yahoo, behaving like a tool

( Incidentally, I met my wife in a Yahoo chat room, during one of my stints of acting like the fool. Who would have thought sad could be so happy )

I think in the long run this would be good , but for the next 250 or so in the queu that were going to recieve thier Pandoras next are now going to be bumped because of the "priemuims" then possibly bumped again when the next shipment of boards come in (to keep the fast shipping promise )to keep up with the premiums .So in short thoose of us that have been patient waiting for over two years now have to wait even longer.

500 Boards per week, ok if CC sent some more Boards at the end of next week, i will get mine in about 2 Weeks, so the idea isnt tat bad to sell the recykled Pandoras.. :lol:

I really hope his twitter post about recycled units and the idea of Premium Pandoras are two different things. I'd have to cancel my $500 order if I found out that these units are just recycled. I'd like a new product for that much.

Any input here Craig? Are you planning on putting those recycled units up on eBay, or selling them as new and as a part of this Premium Pandora idea?

Hm... Pandora Premium... that might be something to put on the new label. :D

Oh, and Matzesu, I haven't had a chance to tell you, but I've read a ton of your posts, and I have to say that your spelling and grammar have improved a lot. I like the effort you're putting forth!

So when I found the link, I preordered (another), then I read the rest of the 13 pages.

I will be retiring #14 as soon as this arrives because both the nubs still work and to me that means a lot. I don't want to see this project end after Batch 2. Hoping I'm not too far down the new que. It's nice being one of the earliest Pandoras in the wild. Truthfully speaking, anyone who preordered from Batch 2 or post bank scam Batch 1 paid the lowest price overall for the Pandora. Those who preordered in Sep/Oct 2008, went through the refund process, reordered with a taxed (Bank of Amerika) international wire transfer paid between $400 and $450 for their Pandoras depending on currency exchange in the end.

Boy Craig, you're getting some extra lewt outta me with ICP orders going live soon too. I want to see these projects thrive.

I think the whole big point of the Open Pandora is the community aspect about it...

It's - as the name implies - open, so even if more powerful devices like the PSP2 get released, people will come back to this to code their own private PORTABLE projects. With features like WiFi more complex multiplayer projects are possible which will make the Pandora, the more it ages, even more unique by pushing the community aspect through multiplayer projects.

So no matter how you see it... the Pandora is a community driven effort, both in development and use... so I don't worry about the whole price increase thing and pushing OPT with a bit of money to keep this unique community running.

Some people waste money in cigarettes, some people waste it in other ways, so why not waste some in a nice community plus its awesome console?

This came as kind of a shock. I've been only waiting one year+couple of months and it feels kinda weird to see now people with the possibility of just jumping the queue. Can't imagine how first day pre-orderers feel.

But the thing concerning me the most is the potential for this whole thing to just blow up. 7 days can be such a short time. I only hope Craigs estimates really work out, now that the team seems to have a more steady flow of Pandoras.

It also puts the pre-orderers in a tight spot. Jump the queue or not? I'm undecided yet. I might as well get another Pandora while staying in the queue. I'm lucky enough to have little personal expenses.

I'm sure the OPT are very aware of this, but this time around the deadline needs to be honored. It would be a PR nightmare if "Instant Pandoras" end up being not so instant.

Last edited by a moderator:

I really hope his twitter post about recycled units and the idea of Premium Pandoras are two different things. I'd have to cancel my $500 order if I found out that these units are just recycled. I'd like a new product for that much.

Any input here Craig? Are you planning on putting those recycled units up on eBay, or selling them as new and as a part of this Premium Pandora idea?

Hm... Pandora Premium... that might be something to put on the new label. :D

Oh, and Matzesu, I haven't had a chance to tell you, but I've read a ton of your posts, and I have to say that your spelling and grammar have improved a lot. I like the effort you're putting forth!

They have to go back to CC first.

The PSP2 has been the subject of much raucous laughter lately. It's basically what they should have released in the first place.

I think their hand has been forced by Apple, their stupid adverts mocking mobile phone games were laughed off the television when Epic Citadel hit... and even before that.

Sadly, a market for more of Sony's customer ass-fuckery exists, and you can rest assured that they will enjoy selling downloadable, non-re-sellable games at £30+ a pop.

I think there's a real future for "open" products like the Pandora, and it's vitally important that the team survive to produce a Pandora 2. Otherwise, the future of portable gaming is going to be a very one-sided and restricted place. Depending on the outcome of Sony's current battle against "jailbreakers", a Pandora 2 could be an utterly essential, only choice for those of us who want to experience classic games with controls that don't suck.

If Sony wins, everyone else will jump on the bandwagon, using the same precedent to stamp out circumvention efforts on their own devices. The Pandora will be our bastion of hope and freedom, a democratic platform amidst a sea of oppression.

SAVE US, Pandora, SAVE US!

Instead of canceling my original order and ordering and "instant" one, is there any way to pay an extra $200.00 and get one of the "special ones"?

Where do the Instant Pandora come from? Are this "One Nubbers" whit new Nubs? Canceled Pandora?

@EvilDragon: Can you please make a Statement about this situation on the German Boards? They ask for your

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do the Instant Pandora come from? Are this "One Nubbers" whit new Nubs? Canceled Pandora?

@EvilDragon: Can you please make a Statement about this situation on the German Boards? They ask for your

I believe they just cut in line . and the original preorders will have to wait .... Good Times

Back