1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Important color changes

Discussion in 'Pyra News' started by EvilDragon, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Eight Bit

Eight Bit Advanced Member

And what about the cases, those should be done by now right?

2. Silent-Hunter

Silent-Hunter Advanced Member

I might want one, if it means I get one earlier.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 9, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 9, 2018 ---
    Although... If there's a chance the earlier boards are poor quality, then maybe not.

3. matzesu

matzesu Advanced Member

I rather would want to wait until my Unit is ready, as a Pre Pre Orderer 27 im in the first 50 Units, so shortly after start of the Massproduktion..
    To Early and the OS is on a state, where its still a bit divicult for me too use it,

But on the other side, my Pandora was also on a pretty early state of OS Development when i got it, but i ditnt got many issues..
    As long i have my Unit until June, i want to take it on the big Unimog Gathering..
    Then i can Post my Experiences whit the Unimog Proofness of the Pyra (Hinge)..

4. iArnold

iArnold Member

How about the color then?

5. rygD

rygD Nihilistic Mystic

What @Grench was saying on the previous page, in case anyone missed it, is that he wants one of the new 4GB units as his prototype. ;)

Nice try. I ask that every time it comes up. The closest I got to an answer was someone saying it was said to be black. I don't remember ED saying that, although I do remember him saying there would be a black or dark grey, possibly with sparkles or something.

6. Djoga'Ro

Djoga'Ro moonstruck

I sure saw that. Now we know, @Grench was just trying to stifle the smallest chance of delay at birth at all costs. ;)

7. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

It couldn't have anything to do with getting a unit with a properly working charging circuit, screaming cap, and the rest of the fixes.

As I have stated repeatedly, my priority has always been to get a working Pyra that I can use. If 4GB wasn't going to work, I was and am fine with 2GB.

You guys are so hung up on the 4GB spec chase that you're blowing off the more important fixes in both boards.

8. elwing

elwing Rabbit Addict

You can have your pyra in any color you want, as long as it is black.

rygD, Silent-Hunter and AnimatedFreak like this.
  9. Djoga'Ro

Djoga'Ro moonstruck

@Grench, I guess to you we seemed so hung up, because we tried to moderate, seeing you being hung up on not trying 4GB. ;)

rygD and ThinkPad like this.
  10. spud42

spud42 Very Active Member

11. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

That is kind of funny. I was never intending for the project to NOT try 4GB. I did believe that it was scope creep from original known working memory specs to a new untested one - which turned out to be a bigger pain than even I feared. But, hopefully we're through that.

However, I WAS trying to emphasize that 4GB wasn't (still isn't) really a -must have- necessity. If 4GB proved to not work, hell yes I was and am OK with getting a 2GB Pyra in a 4x 512MB configuration (using both channels for speed).

I'm not 'Anti 4GB'.
    I'm not 'Pro 2GB'.
    I'm anti the concept of: 'MUST HAVE 4GB or FAIL'.
    I'm pro the concept of: 'Pyra will be awesome with 2GB."

Does that clarify?

12. rygD

rygD Nihilistic Mystic

It seems @Grench can't read smileys. Just relax and have a Slurm.

13. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

But I haven't finished my Bachelor Chow yet!

rygD likes this.
  14. rygD

rygD Nihilistic Mystic

Saving the Slurm to wash it down? Something something something suicide booth.

I wonder if I am alone in thinking Bachelor Chow, if cheap enough, is a brilliant idea, and I wish I could really buy it sometimes.

15. Djoga'Ro

Djoga'Ro moonstruck

@Grench I was more like "RAM got cheaper and the specs allow for more RAM? Go for it!". Rather than spending less than I already decided to spend. If for nothing else, RAM makes for good IO-cache. And if it woulnd't have turned out doable, I'd've been a bit disappointed, but not too much, since in the end I'd still be getting, what I originally decided to spend X amount on. (I had decided to go for the Pyra, before the RAM-thingy became a thingy.)

Hm, I guess, I got a bit tangled up in tenses. Grammatical corrections would be appriciated. Wanna do English as bad as native.

Gremblo likes this.
  16. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

After giving it some thought somewhere between little and a lot, I decided that cold canned chili straight from the can is probably the modern day reality version of Bacherlor Chow. Sustaining something resembling life without the hassles of dignity or taste.

17. rygD

rygD Nihilistic Mystic

I think it will take a lot of effort to be as bad at (American) English as many of us have become. It is hard work to be lazy and ignore rules. As it stands, your posts are generally proper enough to not stand out, and that is also pretty tough since little things tend to give away that the poster is not a native Englisher.

Amusingly, I had a cold can of soup straight from the can for lunch. It was pretty good (although not as good as the same type of soup from Aldi... And this was one of the big brands).

I imagine Bachelor Chow being more like Dog Chow, dry boring kibble that has "everything you need" and doesn't taste terrible (or good, for that matter). Like some breakfast cereal with no milk. I also eat that, although usually only a handful before I add the milk.

18. Djoga'Ro

Djoga'Ro moonstruck

Thanks @rygD, appriciate that. Though, actual corrections would have been of more help ;P

I knew ALDI has crossed the German borders, but not that it'd reached over the pond. I get my human dog food from them.

19. Letalis Sonus

Letalis Sonus Very Active Member

They've been pretty much all over the world for quite some time now. The funny thing is that the company split up decades ago because the Albrecht brothers got into a fight about the introduction of some new product types, there's a Northern and a Southern Aldi - with Germany being the only country where both are present, only separated by a certain border they drew back then that gave them those names. All other countries were cleanly split apart among those two, which still work together rather closely and try to keep up a common brand identity nowadays - there are quite some differences as far as the markets themselves are concerned, though, the Southern Aldi tends to have a better reputation in Germany, even though both mostly sell the same stuff using different brands.

You should be able to distinguish them by the colors, the Northern Aldi uses a blue-white theme while the Southern one uses a blue-orange one instead. Check the world map they show on the starting page of their websites.

20. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

I see no world map on the front page of aldi websites. However aldi.co.uk seems to use the same logo as aldi-sud while aldi.fr uses the aldi-nord logo.