I'm out of ideas for news-titles

Why would anyone take these assertions seriously when you haven't given any reasons to back your claims?

Particularly when coming on the heels of thoughtful debate about advantages/disadvantages of aiming for 2 vs 4 GB at this point.

My concern is that if the system isn't stable when running at full spec, it's a sign of some defect that hasn't been identified. If it's a driver, config, or kernel problem, fine we can patch it later, but if it's a hardware issue, I want it to get worked out.

Reactions: Ted
By the time Pyra is released OMAP 5 will be EOL.
It will take another 4 years for hns to design test and troubleshoot a new CPU board.
It is strange how there isnt any criticism on this project at all.
If someone dare to criticise, he is labled as a troll right on the spot.

Everything is hearts, rainbows, and ponies.
I get where you are coming from with this and it must seem rather odd, especially given the rather febrile nature of most internet communities, that the vast majority of Pyra community are not up in arms about unacceptable delays and lack of progress reports.

I think the reasons for this are twofold :

A lot of us here remember the debacle of the Pandora release where the device was released years late AND without proper testing of prototypes thus leading to practically every 1st edition Pandora suffering from faulty nubs & cracking case plastics, this caused massive financial problems, it seems reasonable surmise that this lack of testing was the main reason that lead to our old friend Craig abandoning the project with some pre orders unfulfilled. We do not want to see a repeat of that scenario. NB : @EvilDragon worked incredibly hard, going far beyond the call of duty, to ensure all his pre orders were fulfilled.

The second reason is a little more subtle :

Nobody here really knows what ED wants from the Pyra project, depending on an answer to this, the current situation could be entirely sensible or utterly ridiculous.

"A V8 engine is important." "Cheeseburgers are important." "Well-groomed dachsunds are important." "Ph-balanced shampoo is important."

My Dachshund is important

Attachments

• 11063721_620191923866_4538112192214687052_o.jpg
    11063721_620191923866_4538112192214687052_o.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 424
Sorry for being absent for a while! I took a few days off, then had to catch those up, hockey season started (where I'm doing live video mixing), and the rest was working on the shop and with Pyra stuff... My mobile phone died (so no posts on-the-go...)

Mostly catched up now, and I definitely am planning to write up a newspost this weekend.

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

Sorry for being absent for a while! I took a few days off, then had to catch those up, hockey season started (where I'm doing live video mixing), and the rest was working on the shop and with Pyra stuff... My mobile phone died (so no posts on-the-go...)

Mostly catched up now, and I definitely am planning to write up a newspost this weekend.

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk
Hope you can also rest this weekend, although looking forward to an update when you get chance :)

It's about the Moto Z actually, which is interesting because it has an upcoming hardware keyboard for it (and I also backed while being at it).
Now if it didn't just spontaneously combust or it wasn't even the phone he had with him, everything is fine. I'm pretty satisfied with it, but obviously miss having an actual keyboard, still.

oh ok, that is a new phone ^^. The keyboard mod looks pretty cool. I'll stick with mine as it already has a perfectly fine qwertz keyboard and surprisingly still works well.

I also thought ED had a droid 4. It is an excellent phone (got one myself) and still one of the best phones with hardware keyboard.
Interesting developments currently for phone with hardware keyboard enthusiasts. Moto Keyboard Mod. New keyboard phone from Livermorium, Droid 4 kernel updates and new projects for N900. Neo900 also still pending, but I have my doubts about that one..
Slightly off-topic but these communities share a lot of interests with the Pyra community.

Last edited:
My main Photon Q keyboard is starting to become a problem. I have another I can switch to if I really need to. I am trying to hold out for the Pyra (and texting functionality). If I kill both of these and still can't replace them with my Pyra I will look at other options out there, so it is nice to hear that there are options for keyboard users. I will check out the Moto Z keyboard.

This is when I feel both strangely unique and very dated by saying my mobile phone is a OnePlus One, which were unicorn phones when I got it back in the day.

Granted, starting to feel its age... but maybe that's also just because it's got a couple years' worth of clunk on it. I really need to get LineageOS flashed on it (since it's still on Cyanogen) but right now it just doesn't want to connect to my PC, which I need to back it up...

Back