Getting closer...

Two Pyras, call them A and B.

Plug Pyra A's microUSB charging port into Pyra B's USB 2.0 port. Pyra A charging from Pyra B.
Plug Pyra B's microUSB charging port into Pyra A's USB 2.0 port. Pyra B charging from Pyra A.

It isn't an infinite power supply - laws of thermodynamics still apply. It is battery load balancing. The Pyra receiving the most use would get on net more of the combined Pyras power.

Yeah, it would be far less efficient than simply swapping batteries. It isn't something to do because you should, but something to do because you could.
You might add the wiring to directly have the batteries run in parallel. I wonder, if the charging chips would conflict then somehow.

Two Pyras, call them A and B.

Plug Pyra A's microUSB charging port into Pyra B's USB 2.0 port. Pyra A charging from Pyra B.
Plug Pyra B's microUSB charging port into Pyra A's USB 2.0 port. Pyra B charging from Pyra A.

It isn't an infinite power supply - laws of thermodynamics still apply. It is battery load balancing. The Pyra receiving the most use would get on net more of the combined Pyras power.

Yeah, it would be far less efficient than simply swapping batteries. It isn't something to do because you should, but something to do because you could.
Not all of us can afford a prototype. :p

Final production
- get the hardware certified
- wait for final cases, mainboards, CPU boards to arrive
- write the manual
- print the manual
- design the packaging
- print the packaging
- assemble everything
- ship em!
Manuals? We get a manual? I've a vague recollection of a quickstart guide when I got my Pandora, but for everything else, I had to figure it out by reading and posting here.

I think it’s more like a QuickStart Guide like on the Pandora,
The Pandora OS evolved quite quickly so a Manual would be outdated to fast..
how to turn on the Pyra, how to recharge it and how to change the CPU Board, and some things to avoid..
and the link to the Boards..

Perhaps a manual should be eschewed, since the OS development is such a moving target? Or at least it should focus on care and use of the hardware, I think.

I think there is a good portion of a manual written. Although this is exactly what the wiki and this forum is also for.

To have the Pandora Quickstart Manual was nice to have, but i dotnt believe that the Pyra is much diverent from the Pandora, or a Linux Notebook:

- Push every Button until the Unit Starts, then remember this button
- Plug every cable in the back until the Unit Charge, then remember this cable and connector...

The Pyra should work pretty good whit Try and Error ^^

The XFCE on the Pandora was pretty simular to a "WINDOWS" or something, you even had your Startmenue on the left of the Desctop and a Pandora Button thats work simular to the Windows Button..

Whe had DOS PCs when i was in Shool in the 1990thes, so my Generation should be apple to work whit the Pandora/Pyra,
I know my Nice, who was born in the 2010ths shouldnd be apple to work whit other things like IOS and Windows 7 - 10..

The Pyra should be able to charge off any cable plugged in correclty almost anywhere on the back, apart from the HDMI port (output only) I think.

XFCE is basically a clone of those windowing systems going back to the Zerox Alto (mouse interaction), Apple Lisa office system (icons and drop down menus) RISC OS (in its first release as Arthur 1.20, for the dock at the bottom), all of which was famously reused in windows 95. I wonder how your Niece would cope with Windows 8 though, which eschewed the idea of having a dock/start bar at all. Personally, on my daily use linux windowing system, I've also dropped the idea of having a dock. I've four virtual screens where I put my windows, and I rarely have so much on one screen that alt-tabbing between them is a chore. I do still run a vestigal start menu, but mostly start programs using shortcuts that I have on my initial panel/bar, or use the right click openbox menu to start apps (or start them by name from the terminal, if I'm already navigating using the terminal sometimes).

Our generation and younger might not need much in terms of paperwork to get starter, but the generation above mine often seems to like to start using a device by reading all of the paperwork they can. We shouldn't limit the device to specific age categories if we can avoid it.

The Pyra should be able to charge off any cable plugged in correclty almost anywhere on the back, apart from the HDMI port (output only) I think.

Ony the microUSB 3 port and the USB serial IO.

Don't want to troll the current news thread (this is just a random comment), but Dave Jones just posted a video on cooling solutions - thought it tied-in with what ED's doing with the prototypes at the moment:

Not sure it's entirely relevant...

Back