1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

I'm out of ideas for news-titles

Discussion in 'Pyra News' started by EvilDragon, Sep 5, 2017.

1. kabaiakh

kabaiakh Very Active Member

Said Brian O'Conner.

Said Ronald McDonald.

Said Barbara Rose.

Said Professor Xavier.

gunrock, NetBLOKS, Razy and 2 others like this.
  2. error

error Member

My concern is that if the system isn't stable when running at full spec, it's a sign of some defect that hasn't been identified. If it's a driver, config, or kernel problem, fine we can patch it later, but if it's a hardware issue, I want it to get worked out.

Ted likes this.
  3. Yogurt

Yogurt Still Fresh

2GB should be fine. It might even make for a cpu upgrade board sooner rather than later.

AnimatedFreak likes this.
  4. Mr_Loon

Mr_Loon Can't Remember

I get where you are coming from with this and it must seem rather odd, especially given the rather febrile nature of most internet communities, that the vast majority of Pyra community are not up in arms about unacceptable delays and lack of progress reports.

I think the reasons for this are twofold :

A lot of us here remember the debacle of the Pandora release where the device was released years late AND without proper testing of prototypes thus leading to practically every 1st edition Pandora suffering from faulty nubs & cracking case plastics, this caused massive financial problems, it seems reasonable surmise that this lack of testing was the main reason that lead to our old friend Craig abandoning the project with some pre orders unfulfilled. We do not want to see a repeat of that scenario. NB : @EvilDragon worked incredibly hard, going far beyond the call of duty, to ensure all his pre orders were fulfilled.

The second reason is a little more subtle :

Nobody here really knows what ED wants from the Pyra project, depending on an answer to this, the current situation could be entirely sensible or utterly ridiculous.

_jr_, error and ClockworkCoder like this.
  5. Swordfish II

Swordfish II Very Active Member

My Dachshund is important

Attached Files:

WizardStan, remjey, error and 5 others like this.
  6. error

error Member

This is definitely the reason. I have absolute faith in ED, and will wait patiently with total confidence that he will eventually deliver a solid and well-tested and -designed product.

Alberto, jorlinn and johnicboom like this.
  7. ClockworkCoder

ClockworkCoder Active Member

@ED's back! I think most of us were missing him!

8. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for being absent for a while! I took a few days off, then had to catch those up, hockey season started (where I'm doing live video mixing), and the rest was working on the shop and with Pyra stuff... My mobile phone died (so no posts on-the-go...)

Mostly catched up now, and I definitely am planning to write up a newspost this weekend.

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

9. ClockworkCoder

ClockworkCoder Active Member

Hope you can also rest this weekend, although looking forward to an update when you get chance :)

10. Caine

Caine Advanced Member

Who are you and what have you done to Michael? No matter how often we tell him to take a break, he never does.

Glad to hear you were just busy and nothing serious happened. I hope you had some great days off.

sandstein likes this.
  11. sandstein

sandstein Still Fresh

women hockey? If Yes: lucky boy

Time to get a Pyra ;)

AndiTheBest likes this.
  12. elvissteinjr

elvissteinjr Very Active Member

What happened? Since you managed to convince me to get one of those at Gamescom and I actually did, I'm kind of worried now. Didn't just stop working out of nowhere, right?

13. johnicboom

johnicboom Still Fresh

Which phone is that?

14. xnopasaranx

xnopasaranx Superbad!

@johnicboom I am guessing the droid 4 (xt894). @elvissteinjr if it is the xt894, don't worry. I just replaced the battery on mine and flashed lineage OS 14, the device is pretty sturdy and replacement part are available

johnicboom and rygD like this.
  15. elvissteinjr

elvissteinjr Very Active Member

It's about the Moto Z actually, which is interesting because it has an upcoming hardware keyboard for it (and I also backed while being at it).
    Now if it didn't just spontaneously combust or it wasn't even the phone he had with him, everything is fine. I'm pretty satisfied with it, but obviously miss having an actual keyboard, still.

johnicboom likes this.
  16. xnopasaranx

xnopasaranx Superbad!

oh ok, that is a new phone ^^. The keyboard mod looks pretty cool. I'll stick with mine as it already has a perfectly fine qwertz keyboard and surprisingly still works well.

rygD and b_o_b like this.
  17. b_o_b

b_o_b Advanced Member

I also thought ED had a droid 4. It is an excellent phone (got one myself) and still one of the best phones with hardware keyboard.
    Interesting developments currently for phone with hardware keyboard enthusiasts. Moto Keyboard Mod. New keyboard phone from Livermorium, Droid 4 kernel updates and new projects for N900. Neo900 also still pending, but I have my doubts about that one..
    Slightly off-topic but these communities share a lot of interests with the Pyra community.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  18. rygD

rygD Nihilistic Mystic

My main Photon Q keyboard is starting to become a problem. I have another I can switch to if I really need to. I am trying to hold out for the Pyra (and texting functionality). If I kill both of these and still can't replace them with my Pyra I will look at other options out there, so it is nice to hear that there are options for keyboard users. I will check out the Moto Z keyboard.

19. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Retreaux

This is when I feel both strangely unique and very dated by saying my mobile phone is a OnePlus One, which were unicorn phones when I got it back in the day.

Granted, starting to feel its age... but maybe that's also just because it's got a couple years' worth of clunk on it. I really need to get LineageOS flashed on it (since it's still on Cyanogen) but right now it just doesn't want to connect to my PC, which I need to back it up...

20. sandstein

sandstein Still Fresh

I give a tip: October 2nd, 2017 03:42am

remjey likes this.