I'm out of ideas for news-titles

Whoa, just looked it up on French Wikipedia, apparently there is something called Toulouse Game Show.

And here I thought X was making a joke about Tokyo Game Show. It's good to learn.
Wasn't there a post on this board about the Toulouse Game Show somewhere?

Edit: found what I had in my mind: pyra-handheld. com/boards/threads/promote-community-and-devices.77230/#post-1373282

can't post links unfortunately :(

Last edited:
Is there already a use-case for the DSP? As i have read in the modem datasheet, the modem itself already has echo-cancellation.
I imagine all the same use cases as on the Pandora.
None of which will be realized, but they use cases are there.

I mean the organizers of the Toulouse game show are obviously joking and having fun with the TGS initials.

Also, the special material for mobile devices is on the way and should arrive end of this week (let's hope they're right).

[...]

And someone from the community has contacted me: He's working for a plastic production company in Germany. I'll send them a Pyra case as well and will ask for a quotation.

what's the latest? i thought early september was the deadline for formaction getting into gear. (although, switching does involve some overhead...)

Idea (and hopes) for the title of a next post.

More RAM.
more_ram.jpg

RAM crashes
ram_crash.jpg

RAM tuned
ram_tuning.jpg

RAM ready for production.
ram_prototype.jpg

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with RAM trucks,
I don't own one, I never drived one and I may never wille.

Raise the bet: What if we get the damn Pyra? Yeah, amateurish project, free time, bla, bla, bla... But it is 4 years now :(.

Raise the bet: What if we get the damn Pyra? Yeah, amateurish project, free time, bla, bla, bla... But it is 4 years now :(.
>tfw the gpd-win indigogo campaign and development started on April 26, 2016 and the system released in October the same year while the pyra started development early 2014 and hasn't released
:(

But to be fair, ED didn't have to tell us he was working on the Pyra as soon as we did. We don't know how long before the IGG campaign GPD started working on the Win. All we can really compare is the span from when ED opened pre-pre-orders, which is coming up to a couple of years now. It's still slower than GPD, but GPD are a much bigger company with higher overheads than ED - they need their products to be more successful therefore more mainstream than ED does.

It was about a year from an idea to retail for the GPD WIN. The initial idea was supposedly from a user and grew from that. Initially GPD had shown some radically weird concepts and asked for the community to decide which one they thought would be best. This evolved to the clamshell design. They also then later came up with, developed and launched the GPD Pocket in all this time. Not to mention they are in R&D now for the WIN2 which rumour has it will be crowdfunded next year. There is the chance that starting years (1-2) behind the Pyra, that GPD will have come up with and launched three seperate products before the Pyra comes out.

But yeah, they are a much more advanced and bigger company with a lot of experience doing this thing. So none of that is surprising. Not to mention they are located in Shenzhen with access to companies that can supply anything needed for electronic gadgets . And that helps a massive amount. Imagine being within walking disatnce of suppliers who can make the PCB and do the population, do plastic injection moulding, make and provide all of the parts etc etc.

I think we could all do with some good news right about now.

It's beginning to feel like 2017 will NOT be the year of the Pyra :(

I think we could all do with some good news right about now.

It's beginning to feel like 2017 will NOT be the year of the Pyra :(

optimism.jpg

EDIT:

Beginning to? I've been saying around July 2018 for months. That is my optimistic estimate.

future.jpg

EDIT 2 to anticipate multi post merge:

What if we only get half the RAM? At least with the truck it will be less messy than with the animal.

If half the RAM is all we GOAT, SHEEP us Pyras anyway.

Last edited:
By the time Pyra is released OMAP 5 will be EOL.
It will take another 4 years for hns to design test and troubleshoot a new CPU board.
It is strange how there isnt any criticism on this project at all.
If someone dare to criticise, he is labled as a troll right on the spot.

Everything is hearts, rainbows, and ponies.

Back