I Just Got My Gp2x!!!

It sounds like you want to do a whole bunch of 3d stuff. While the GP2X can do some 3d, it does not have a dedicated 3d rendering device in it like the PSP. I really doubt that Blender could be ported to the 2X also, but I'm just a noob.

gaterooze posted on Oct 29 2006 at 08:19 PM said:
neokellyzero posted on Oct 29 2006 at 12:47 AM said:
yeah- I looked at it my set is not .34- sucks as I've downgraded to dialup since getting my original set-

Sometimes you can "downgrade" your set by using clrmamepro and the .dat file for 0.34.

It doesn't work for everything, unfortunately.

If you were in Australia, I'd whip you over a DVD. Are you?

Tried clrmamepro- didn't work- shoot :(

I'm in the US, thanks anyway though- I'm just going to have to convince the wife why we need high speed again- wish me luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi dimension, welcome to the community :)

(ignore sourpuss Shikaku, your spelling is fine, just punctuation)

As to your questions, you might get a better response here in the Developer's corner:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showforum=44

It would be fun to see what your 3D stuff can do. Like xenonflash says, the GP2X was not designed for 3D, but some people are doing some really nice things in 3D (e.g. Optimus' software rendering), and I believe someone is trying to port OpenGL.

Regarding the second CPU, it is apparently very difficult to use efficiently, but some people have managed it (e.g. Notaz using it for sound processing in PicoDrive), so it is certinaly possible.

I hope you have fun with your new GP2X.

trooper posted on Oct 30 2006 at 08:21 PM said:
Skies posted on Oct 30 2006 at 01:09 PM said:
My postie had a parcel for me today, I mugged him whilst only wearing a towel. Unfortunately it was DVDs for my GF.

Maybe tomorrow...

Your postman does his round whilst only wearing a towel ?. :blink:

Trooper
I choked drinking my juice while reading this

i wrote a very quick and dirty (and not entirely complete) software opengl implementation, but ultimately it was too slow, and i dont know arm asm, though i guess ill look at it some time

trooper posted on Oct 31 2006 at 01:21 AM said:
Skies posted on Oct 30 2006 at 01:09 PM said:
My postie had a parcel for me today, I mugged him whilst only wearing a towel. Unfortunately it was DVDs for my GF.

Maybe tomorrow...

Your postman does his round whilst only wearing a towel ?. :blink:

Trooper

Yours doesn't? :unsure:

I got mine yesterday after looking at the forums, etc...for months...it is a great little machine! I stayed up way too late last night trying a bunch of emulators, music and movies...

Still waiting for mine (ordered 31st).. it's nerve racking because there's no email feedback so I just have to cross my fingers...

Already got a 2gb SD card and a set of high power (2500mah) rechargables..

Still waiting for mine (ordered 31st).. it's nerve racking because there's no email feedback so I just have to cross my fingers...

Already got a 2gb SD card and a set of high power (2500mah) rechargables..
Well, just got my GP2X and it's soo light that you wouldn't believe it :D as for the joystick I can do anything with it in fighting games no problems doing attacks. I got 2500 mah rechargeables and they're lasting a while :lol: my thumb does occaisonally fall off the joystick but it's not that bad. Well, you could always put on that gamecube joystick mod B) I can't believe how good this portable is on top of that I can overclock to 265 mhz :p

Yay, got my GP2X last week, and I'm loving it!

Would have posted sooner, but on day 1 of receiving it, I was in a mad rush to download everything and anything onto it! Then it took me week to put the thing down ;)

Was suprised how good quality it all actually is, the buttons feel solid, and don't make any annoying clicking sounds, the joystick could be better, but I find it very useable, and with 11 mappable buttons (not including directions) theres enough buttons for just about everything.

Already compiled my first program for it, which is just an ascii scene demo, can't wait to get my hands dirty coding something useful for it, but I still have not played my catalouge of classic games :) So it can wait :p Overclocks to 280Mhz too, luck of the draw I guess ;)

Yea, I ordered mine the 31st and still waiting for e-mail feedback or something. Hope there is no delay because of the article!

Also got my gp2x, somewere in the menu it says its nuber 7000 and a bit, is this just a id number or are ther actualy not more gp2x's around

Yea, I ordered mine the 31st and still waiting for e-mail feedback or something. Hope there is no delay because of the article!

There's a 2-5 day delay on the 275's - must be 5 as I haven't heard anything yet & today is the 5th working day.

If you query them they send you the following:

'Due to the exceptionally high demand for the 275 GP2X, there is a delay of 2/5 days in despatching orders. You will receive a confirmation of shipping email on the day your order is sent and it will arrive before 1pm the following day via Royal Mail Special Delivery.'

'Due to the exceptionally high demand for the 275 GP2X, there is a delay of 2/5 days in despatching orders. You will receive a confirmation of shipping email on the day your order is sent and it will arrive before 1pm the following day via Royal Mail Special Delivery.'
Is this even if you did not order the next day shipping? (or in my case the 24-48 hour shipping to the US)

I presume you'll get a dispatch email and have to wait for the delivery after that.

Mine wasn't dispatched today, so the delay is >5 days.. must be having stock issues. I'll give it another couple of days and chase them again...

I presume you'll get a dispatch email and have to wait for the delivery after that.

Mine wasn't dispatched today, so the delay is >5 days.. must be having stock issues. I'll give it another couple of days and chase them again...
No e-mail for me either. I'd just be happy knowing my order didn't get lost :p

Its being sent to another city so I'm trying to plan my *spur of the moment* visit to my parents when its going to get there... Darn me for never changing billing addresses when I moved!

Back