I Just Got My Caanoo

It will read them to an adf file. Copy protected disks cant be read. I used to use a tool that ran in dos with two floppy drives but Toni Wilen (winuae guy) has made a windows version in recent years.

Have the caanoo shipped from korea for the preorders yet? they should have left to all there destinations by now to make the release date 16th and news anyone?

jutley said:
Have the caanoo shipped from korea for the preorders yet? they should have left to all there destinations by now to make the release date 16th and news anyone?

I thought the 16th was the shipping date from Korea, not from the resellers?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes but the launch is the 16th when 16th comes they need some caanoo out there to show on the 16th for sale so they will of shipped by now to the resellers i am sure of it.

The release date is Korean release date not world wide wish it was they will ship them between yesterday and the 16th

Well i'll be damned, the doorbell just rang at work, and ups was here with MY CAANOO !!! bloody brilliant, ordered it during the weekend from ed's shop and already in my hands right now ! Splendid work there.

I quickly turned it on to check it out, and i like the new menu, i also like the "feel" of the console, compared to the gp2x when i first held that one, it feeled like a childstoy that would easily break. The caanoo however feels a lot more sturdier !

I did find one thing anoying or couldn't figure out how to use it, but when i press right on any of the main menu's (or press a button) i briefly see an (empty) list showing up and then i get back to the menu. It's like you need to hold the button down to select something. Either that or it happens because i have no SD Card inserted yet :)

first impressions are good, too bad i can't play with it right now or this evening :(

joyrider said:
Well i'll be damned, the doorbell just rang at work, and ups was here with MY CAANOO !!! bloody brilliant, ordered it during the weekend from ed's shop and already in my hands right now ! Splendid work there.

I quickly turned it on to check it out, and i like the new menu, i also like the "feel" of the console, compared to the gp2x when i first held that one, it feeled like a childstoy that would easily break. The caanoo however feels a lot more sturdier !

I did find one thing anoying or couldn't figure out how to use it, but when i press right on any of the main menu's (or press a button) i briefly see an (empty) list showing up and then i get back to the menu. It's like you need to hold the button down to select something. Either that or it happens because i have no SD Card inserted yet :)

first impressions are good, too bad i can't play with it right now or this evening :(

It's because you have no SD card inserted & no content yet :p

Cool now it's up to the devs to port all the emulators to Caanoo before I get one.

fishybawb said:
W00t, got mine today :D Got the toolchain set up, just need to figure the controls out for porting purposes now.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56370-caanoo-controls-info/

Into my trembling hands ... my Caanoo has finally arrived! First game played was Metal Slug 2 on Neo Geo CD!

The backlight for the LCD is only on the bottom, isn't it... <_<
edit - Just wanna make sure im not crazy, or have a defective unit, the lower light on the LCD is noticably brighter than the top light. Recognizeable when the system is booting, or loading, and the screen is completely black. There is a perceivable brightness gradient, starting at the bottom.

How did you all get the info for when the next firmware update is available? I'm itching to overclock without crashing

My caanoo arrived yesterday. I ordered the Wifi-package from ED, took a long while to reach me but it did.
Wifi-dongle works without a hitch with my protected homenetwork.
I've been playing Trap75, SOD and ZS like crazy and noticed that I'd love it if both Trap75 and ZS had some sort of level-adjustment,
so you'd be able to start at level 5-10 with Trap75 and 4-8 with ZS.

I thought the analog-stick would be a pain but I got used to it surprisingly fast.
And yes, the cut off pixel are kind of annoying, I noticed it in terminal and quake1 (which is running superbly).

Does anyone have word if gpSP, lemonboy or snes are gonna make it any time soon?
Is somebody working on that?

greets,
derdritte

derdritte said:
Does anyone have word if gpSP, lemonboy or snes are gonna make it any time soon?

greets,
derdritte

i can do lemonboy, but I cant promise when.

Pickle said:
derdritte said:

greets,
derdritte

i can do lemonboy, but I cant promise when.
That would be awesome. Having the gameboy-feeling back, ah... :D
Donkey Kong, I am back. Sometime.

No really, I am just happy somebody is thinking about it.

Got my Caanoo earlier today ( after some issues with DPD's "delivery" shenanigans.. ) dunno what to do with it yet though! Probably the best built GPH device yet though, and that stick certainly feels nice.. will need to see how it plays, later,

By the looks of things, the "included" games are going to be pretty useless as I don't use Windows on my machine, so getting the DRM-encumbered download thing working might be a bit impossible.

I'll be sure to see how much I can abuse it though ;) might not be till next month before I've got time though!

Back