I Just Got My Caanoo

Got my GP2X Caanoo this week, it's a great piece of technology, have a Sega Genesis (PicoDrive) emulator installed on it with a few ROMs, runs smoothly.

Have the MAME emulator installed also but some of the ROMs don't work with it but others work fine, can't wait for other emulators for GBA etc to come out.

Was definately worth the £135, brings back a lot of memories lol

i just order my black/blue Caanoo from play-asia. i used fedex for 1 to 4 days shipping time to Canada,montreal.

i read Korea version... does others versions exist ??

thanks for answer

note: i hope i will like this analog stick. i really hope !! :)

Hello (1st post)

Got my Caanoo on Saturday from www.gameseek.co.uk (came quickly)

Very pleased so far. Picodrive has run everything I have tried perfectly (not including 32x ;) )

It has played the vast majority of my MAME romset but there seems to be quite a bit of slowdown in a few games that you wouldn't expect it to struggle with. As it is very early on in it's life though I expect the emulators will become better optimised. Robotron 2084 plays perfectly though so that has me 100% happy at the moment :D

Overall very impressed and well worth the purchase!

Edwards80 said:
Very pleased so far. Picodrive has run everything I have tried perfectly (not including 32x ;) )

It has played the vast majority of my MAME romset but there seems to be quite a bit of slowdown in a few games that you wouldn't expect it to struggle with. As it is very early on in it's life though I expect the emulators will become better optimised. Robotron 2084 plays perfectly though so that has me 100% happy at the moment :D

Overall very impressed and well worth the purchase!

Agreed. I can confirm the odd slowdowns in MAME - some games which I would normally expect to run slowly run quite decently, while some games which by all rights should run quickly and without a hitch, don't. (ooh, haven't ried Robotron yet!). This should be fixed soon though, no doubt.

Agreed on Picodrive too. The homebrew apps and original games should not be neglected either - there's some good stuff out there.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back