I Just Got My Gp2x!!!

bigdaddy posted on Jul 26 2006 at 11:54 AM said:
gaterooze posted on Jul 21 2006 at 08:34 PM said:
you can use some space on the NAND (just don't use it too often)

why not use it to often? Is there some truth to the paranoia everyone seems to have about the NAND?

No...

Last edited by a moderator:
Shikaku posted on Jul 26 2006 at 10:57 AM said:
bigdaddy posted on Jul 26 2006 at 11:54 AM said:
gaterooze posted on Jul 21 2006 at 08:34 PM said:
you can use some space on the NAND (just don't use it too often)

why not use it to often? Is there some truth to the paranoia everyone seems to have about the NAND?

No...

I have a co-worker that was trying to change his wallpaper using the nand space and ended up having to reinstall the OS. He messed some things up. I have no idea what it was that he did. He had a good reinstall of the OS and everything is back to normal now.

Hypnotoad posted on Jul 28 2006 at 02:38 PM said:
w00t, just ordered my GP2X <3
Congrats! You will love it...unless you are stupid...but I'm sure you are not. :)

darkman posted on Jul 26 2006 at 08:17 PM said:
I have a co-worker that was trying to change his wallpaper using the nand space
Really? I would think wallpaper glue would work better than that. Tell him to check at the hardware store, they probably have something to help him.
Haw haw, I'm so funny it's embarrasing.

Hey Guys,
I might as well let myself be known now, I've already got my GP2X,
I've had it for about a month now and I've been blown away on how good it is,
everything I've always wanted without having to resort to buying a PSP.
Worth all the £125 I payed.

BTW, Magnulus, that was a terrible joke.

I must say even with the replacement cap getting used to the stick is not easy, atleast for me anyway. Fighting games are really a b*tch but i'll get use to it sooner or later. =D Also the viewing angle is really bad but its not hard to find that sweet spot.

JyuOH posted on Jul 30 2006 at 04:20 PM said:
Also the viewing angle is really bad but its not hard to find that sweet spot.
Yep, I don't remember having to tilt the screen on the MK1 like I have to with the MK2 (I had mine replaced)

AcidiC posted on Jul 30 2006 at 02:57 AM said:
JyuOH posted on Jul 30 2006 at 04:20 PM said:
Also the viewing angle is really bad but its not hard to find that sweet spot.
Yep, I don't remember having to tilt the screen on the MK1 like I have to with the MK2 (I had mine replaced)

I have the MK2 and I have had a hard time seeing the background grafx in "noiz2sa." There are some serious 3D grafx, top view, of a city going on there. Because of the bright screen and the contrast that is there, you have to tilt the screen just right to get the full effect of the game.

Hello everyone!

I am expecting my gp2x to arrive tomorrow morning, have REALLY been looking forward to this and I am really looking forward to becoming a member of the gp2x community.

Just gonna apologise in advance for any noobishness behaviour over the next few days, help with setting stuff up that sort of thing.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and Introduce myself. Teamxbox (Off Topic Lounge) is really the only other board I am a regular member of but I am sure I will frequent here at lot :D

So um if anyone could give me some tips on any particular stuff to download for the gp2x I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again :)

Poker2X, Nethack, SquidgeSNES, Beat2X, Noiz2sa, Extender, The Minigame Project, Prboom (Doom port), Quake, uh... lots of stuff...

also, keep watching the forums and the news page, because some really rad stuff is being developed.

Magnulus posted on Jul 31 2006 at 10:47 PM said:
Poker2X, Nethack, SquidgeSNES, Beat2X, Noiz2sa, Extender, The Minigame Project, Prboom (Doom port), Quake, uh... lots of stuff...

also, keep watching the forums and the news page, because some really rad stuff is being developed.

Ok thanks a lot

Gotta say gp2x.co.uk are quick :) Ordered the gp2x after close of business on Friday, first thing Monday morning got a dispatch email and at 8am Tuesday the GP2X had arrived :)

Now I just need to nip out to maplins and buy a card reader/power adapter :p

Just got mine :), but i was really surprised when my 2200mAh batteries were almost empty after an hour :eek:

edit:

nevermind, played the whole morning with the same batteries, guess is should just ignore the warnings :unsure:

muphicks posted on Aug 1 2006 at 09:58 AM said:
Gotta say gp2x.co.uk are quick :) Ordered the gp2x after close of business on Friday, first thing Monday morning got a dispatch email and at 8am Tuesday the GP2X had arrived :)

Now I just need to nip out to maplins and buy a card reader/power adapter :p

Ahh thats bullcrap!!! :D

I ordered mine last tuesday, and they haven't even shipped the damn thing yet. Well at least they are fast at charging your account :lol: that happended the same day.

Well ill just wait, and try not to be too jealous. Good luck with your gp2x anyway.

Edit: Yay! They just shipped mine, should probably be here next week then :D

Edit2: It's here, damn it's great :D. Already loaded up tons of stuff on it, and i must say psx emulation is coming along nicely. On top of it all it appears to be overclocking stable to 280, 285 gave me freezes...

I JUST GOT MY GP2x!

AND IT F***IN DIED ON ME!!!

A massive 6 hours with it, I got to watch two or three videos have ago at doom and sonic, then in the middle of playing sonic the screen goes crazy and it turns off.

Doesnt turn back on, I get other batteries. Turn it on, Screen is like a rainbow, and no boot up sound.

A massive 6 bloody hours. Sending this back first thing in the morning.

This has dampened my enthusiasm to say the least. I doubt I will be ordering another one, think ill just got my losses with the post and packaging and call it a day. BItterly dissappointed, but unless Gp2x.co.uk can fix this one for free under warranty I think thats me finished with the gp2x :(

Unless anyone has any suggestions about some sort of hard reset or anything like that?

And before anyone asks, I didnt drop it, throw it, spill water on it, breath on it, have intercourse with it etc...

Lister2020 posted on Aug 1 2006 at 10:36 PM said:
I JUST GOT MY GP2x!

A massive 6 hours with it, I got to watch two or three videos have ago at doom and sonic, then in the middle of playing sonic the screen goes crazy and it turns off.

Doesnt turn back on, I get other batteries. Turn it on, Screen is like a rainbow, and no boot up sound.

This has dampened my enthusiasm to say the least. I doubt I will be ordering another one, think ill just got my losses with the post and packaging and call it a day. BItterly dissappointed, but unless Gp2x.co.uk can fix this one for free under warranty I think thats me finished with the gp2x :(

Unless anyone has any suggestions about some sort of hard reset or anything like that?

And before anyone asks, I didnt drop it, throw it, spill water on it, breath on it, have intercourse with it etc...

You tried rechargables?

Goity posted on Aug 1 2006 at 10:45 PM said:
Lister2020 posted on Aug 1 2006 at 10:36 PM said:
I JUST GOT MY GP2x!

You tried rechargables?

What? I didnt even get batteries with it, I used my own. And as I said, no boot up sound, the screen also looks like a rainbow now.

Back