Hu6280 Alpha 0.9 Released!

sorry for the stealth release, I finished it about 2am last night and fell straight asleep after uploading it ;)-~

I`m thinking about how to do the 'masking' version of the sprite render next... I wish the ARM had just 2 more registers ;)-~

Vobbo :ph34r:

vobbo posted on May 30 2006 at 06:12 PM said:
sorry for the stealth release, I finished it about 2am last night and fell straight asleep after uploading it ;)-~

I`m thinking about how to do the 'masking' version of the sprite render next... I wish the ARM had just 2 more registers ;)-~

Vobbo :ph34r:
Use the force Vobbo! Or some insanely amazing and un-thought of programming trick!

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, this is an awesome application - truly amazing.

Secondly, what do you do with ISOs? I have a game that, when unzipped, consists of two .CUE files, one ISO, and a bajillion .MP3s... which files are neccessary and where? Thanks,

ISO support isnt in the public release yet... it still has a few issues to be ironed out before release

Hu6280 Locks up my Gp2x when I set it to overclock at 266 my Gp2x can only be overclocked to 262 max is there anyway to add an option to increase the mhz by 1 increment at a time that way even people that can over clock higher can and some people can only over clock to 250 it would benifit everyone.

ISO support isnt in the public release yet... it still has a few issues to be ironed out before release

What about Super GFX or Arcade card or what ever that was called? Will those games work? What exactly was that device, a memory expansion?

Hu6280 Locks up my Gp2x when I set it to overclock at 266 my Gp2x can only be overclocked to 262 max is there anyway to add an option to increase the mhz by 1 increment at a time that way even people that can over clock higher can and some people can only over clock to 250 it would benifit everyone.

Probably just wait for a newer version. Vobbo said that you won't need to OC so much when the emu is finished anyway..

What about Super GFX or Arcade card or what ever that was called? Will those games work? What exactly was that device, a memory expansion?

Yeah it was a card that brought the total ram to 2048K. Not many games were released for the arcade card, but the ones that were released were really good. I own most of them, even the hard to find shooter Sapphire. I'm not sure how hard this would be to emulate but it would be nice to have in this emu, especially Super Grafx support.

Yeah it was a card that brought the total ram to 2048K. Not many games were released for the arcade card, but the ones that were released were really good. I own most of them, even the hard to find shooter Sapphire. I'm not sure how hard this would be to emulate but it would be nice to have in this emu, especially Super Grafx support.

That doesn't seem to be a big deal then, just add support for more RAM. That should be easy as there are no more chips to emulate, the GP2X has enough RAM anyway.

# The list of known CD-ROM BIOS revisions are:

* v1.00 - First release (HuCard, came with the PC-Engine CD-ROM interface unit)
* v2.00 - Upgrade (HuCard, sold separately)
* v2.10 - Upgrade (HuCard, sold separately) - bug fix?
* v3.00 - Final release (built into several products and available as a HuCard - see below)

# The list of known System Card releases are:

* System Card, v1.00 – .5Mbit RAM (64KB) - First release. Came packaged with the original PC-Engine CD-ROM² System. Also available as a standalone purchase, in case you lost or damaged the pack-in System Card.
* System Card, v2.00 – .5Mbit RAM (64KB) – BIOS update. The only difference between this and the original System Card is the BIOS code update to v2.00. Otherwise, it is the same.
* System, Card, v.2.10 – .5Mbit RAM (64KB) – BIOS update. This may have been a bug fix for the System Card v2.00 BIOS code.
* Super System Card - 2Mbit RAM (256KB) – RAM upgrade and BIOS update. This expands the RAM available for the CD-ROM unit to 256KB. It also offers a final BIOS update to v3.00. The PC-Engine Duo (Turbo Duo in North America) had 256KB of RAM and the same v3.00 BIOS built into the system. Games developed for this System Card bore the title ‘Super CD’, and could not be played using an older System Card.
* Arcade Card Pro - 18Mbit RAM (2304KB) – RAM upgrade. This greatly expands the RAM available for the CD-ROM unit to 2304KB. The BIOS revision was unchanged from v3.00. Games developed for this System Card bore the title ‘Arcade Card CD’, and could not be played using an older System Card.
* Arcade Card Duo – 16Mbit RAM (2048KB) – RAM upgrade. This greatly expands the RAM available for the PC-Engine Duo system to 2304KB. The BIOS revision was unchanged from v3.00. Games developed for this System Card bore the title ‘Arcade Card CD’, and could not be played using an older System Card. This will only work on the Duo systems, as it does not include the extra memory built into the Duo system. The Arcade Card Pro includes the extra 192k needed by the non Duo CD system.
* Games Express Card - .75Mbit RAM (96KB) – Bootleg system card. This was a bootleg System Card released by Games Express for play of unlicensed Games Express CD games. Only unlicensed Games Express games could be played on this System Card.

Ive donated to vobbo, as I believe that he has put a lot of work into the emulator. :)

Oh, OMG, seriously, just shut up and leave here.

Sort of yeah. I just made this one so I could talk to Telco who ignored me.

Edit: I told Rico to calm down. Also I spoiled Xmen for rico. Resulting in two bans.

Back