Hu6280 Alpha V0.4 Released

DaveC posted on May 14 2006 at 04:42 AM said:
So howcome the GP2X needs 100 MHz more just to get similar performance that the GP32 has? That is strange. 45-60 FPS at 266 on the GP2X vs 44 FPS on the GP32 at 166 with the same code :blink: Is linux that much of a CPU hog?

Too bad you aren't planning to get the GP2X version to work at 200MHz, overclocking sucks, it uses WAY too much battery life :( Plus overclocking is cheating and not all GP2Xs can do 266.

Could you then put an option in for FS1 at 200 MHz? I would rather have it run at 30 FPS but be able to play for more than 10 minutes before the batteries go out.

I think it's more of the architecture than Linux, but there are at least two PCE emu's being developped here, and so you will have the option of both...

Vobbo's emulator is very compatible, but not the fastest (60fps FS0 @ 266Mhz, but getting faster all the time).
My emulator isn't as compatible, but currently runs a bit faster (I'm currently getting 98fps FS0 @ 200mhz in Bomberman'94). I'm concentrating on speed more than compatibility at the moment, as I want to see just how fast I can get it to run.

Last edited by a moderator:
i can't seem to get this to run. The roms are in the correct folder, its at 200mhz, as soon as i load a rom, the screen gets a little brighter and then freezes!

Roms do work fine with the other PC Engine emulator. Am i doing something wrong?

Squidge posted on May 14 2006 at 07:29 PM said:
DaveC posted on May 14 2006 at 04:42 AM said:
So howcome the GP2X needs 100 MHz more just to get similar performance that the GP32 has? That is strange. 45-60 FPS at 266 on the GP2X vs 44 FPS on the GP32 at 166 with the same code :blink: Is linux that much of a CPU hog?

Too bad you aren't planning to get the GP2X version to work at 200MHz, overclocking sucks, it uses WAY too much battery life :( Plus overclocking is cheating and not all GP2Xs can do 266.

Could you then put an option in for FS1 at 200 MHz? I would rather have it run at 30 FPS but be able to play for more than 10 minutes before the batteries go out.

I think it's more of the architecture than Linux, but there are at least two PCE emu's being developped here, and so you will have the option of both...

Vobbo's emulator is very compatible, but not the fastest (60fps FS0 @ 266Mhz, but getting faster all the time).
My emulator isn't as compatible, but currently runs a bit faster (I'm currently getting 98fps FS0 @ 200mhz in Bomberman'94). I'm concentrating on speed more than compatibility at the moment, as I want to see just how fast I can get it to run.
Why dont you combine forces to make the ultimate one? Well either way I expect that bot hwill come to a very similar final build. Either way bot hare brilliant and the speed that Vobbo is porting his emu. I mean its just like WOW!

Jarska333 posted on May 14 2006 at 07:53 PM said:
You should team up... Frankenengine.
Its alive, Its alive, and running at FS0 at 166mhz without losing compatibility with certain games. MWHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

honglong posted on May 15 2006 at 12:01 AM said:
i can't seem to get this to run. The roms are in the correct folder, its at 200mhz, as soon as i load a rom, the screen gets a little brighter and then freezes!

Roms do work fine with the other PC Engine emulator. Am i doing something wrong?
Its clocked at defualt to 266mhz. YOU CANNOT CHANGE THIS THE PROGRAM DOES IT. THAT IS WHY THE SCREEN GETS LIGHTER! Its just that your GP2x maybe cant go this fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back