Hu6280 Beta V1.0 Being Released In 30mins....

This is indeed a great community, but I must say there certainly is alot of wad blowing and pant shitting going on around here.

New 1.01 beta out, the sound I think Is much better than 1.00 based on bomberman 94.

Still a little scratly in places, the opening level music sounds good.

No time at present to compare it to real PCEngine handheld, as work calls !!

new audio mixer ... grab it @ http://www.vobbo.gptheatre.co.uk/

let me know if its any better... - sounded much better to me

Vobbo :ph34r:

I've tested a few games with the new release, and while the sound isn't quite as jittery as before there are still some problems.

When playing Splatterhouse I noticed that some of the sound effects have a noticeable delay, such as hitting an enemy. I loaded up Street Fighter 2: CE to check, and the same thing happened.

It also turns out that many of the sound effects (and parts of the music) simply aren't produced at all. I found this to varying degrees in all the games I tried. It's most noticable in SF2 during fights; none of the player sound effects are produced.

But as I said, the sound that is produced seems a lot smoother. If you can fix the dropped sounds and the audio delay then it'd be near perfect! :)

Hope that helps! Keep up the good work Vobbo, and thanks for the great releases!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vobbo: keep it up, the sound still has room for improvement.

Tested with Psycho Chaser and Gunhed briefly, sound better than 1.00, but seems there's a little lag... ;)

Back