Hu6280 Beta V1.0 Being Released In 30mins....

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe some flash graphics on the main menu to make it look attractive or something, right now it's fine, just needs savestates and some optimisations
maybe some flash graphics on the main menu
maybe some flash graphics
flash graphics

emot-gonk.gif
I meant flashy, just something to make it more appealing, I don't really care but I know others do

I'd love to test it as well. I have a full romset of the latest build, so I can give it a thorough testing.

As for the SDL Windows port....try MagicEngine (Win32) and listen to what it sounds like there. That is the closest to perfect...it actuallt is perfect TG16/PCEngine sound emulation.

Back to topic:

I just tested the windows sdl release and the sound is ok for me.
Zektor is right, the sound from Magic Engine is a little bit better. But that's no wonder: ME ist in development for more than 7 years and runs on a 600Mhz PIII with 128 MB RAM.

Regards,
Stephan

On an unrelated note, did you get my PM before, Vobbo? About RAINE or MAME.

I guess the news is out, yes, I`m porting the newest build of mame atm, its early alpha and I have 2 people testing it for me... ;)

Vobbo :ph34r:
I always test your release with the same PCE game, so I can track the progress and its one I know very well.

Trying the win sdl version with the game rom and game (bomberman '94) I get the same results as already reported, that the sound on win is not close to the real PC engine sound. Could it be that on my suped up PC its running slow..?

Anyway, win some not close to real PCE yet and as reported already I also use MagicEngine on the PC, that is very very close...

Welp, I'm running the Windows SDL port on a 3.4ghz P4...and the sound is not all that great and is actually "skippy" here and there. I was just referring to MagicEngine to try to make a comparison to how a real TG16/PCEngine should sound.

I'm sure with work it'll get better and the problem will be sorted. I am still extremely grateful that we HAVE sound at all! Thanks again Vobbo for all of your hard work.

is that your way of saying its shit? ;)
No, to be honest I haven't even tried your emulator yet. I was waiting till it was a bit more complete. (I'm also hoping the SDL version gets released for Linux, particularly with an AMD64 build target :) ). As DCGM said, I just thought that Psymastr might need some help with his chronic pants-shitting. It must be quite embarassing.

Back