Hu6280 Alpha 0.9 Released!

sbock posted on May 29 2006 at 04:36 PM said:
Hi vobbo !
Great work so far. Just donated to keep you in a nice mood.
I like your concept to do an accurate PC Engine Emulation.
Can't wait to see the sound working...

Thanks for the hard job...

Regards,
Stephan
He he donated to keep him in a good mood :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
v0.92 was the first version I've tried and is absolutely awesome - or at least it was for the first five minutes.

Ever since, it freezes completely after between 30 seconds and 2 minutes of play, irrespective of the Hu-Card I use. I have full batteries and every other bit of software on my GP2X (Firmware 2.0) runs perfectly.

Anyone else experience a similar problem?

I previously posted that it crashed whenever I launched it. My noob mistake, once I made the roms/pcengine directory in the root of the SD card, it runs fine. I just played Galaga '88 for a few minutes and then immediately made a donation.

Excellent work, can't wait for sound!

Nekki posted on May 29 2006 at 07:32 PM said:
v0.92 was the first version I've tried and is absolutely awesome - or at least it was for the first five minutes.

Ever since, it freezes completely after between 30 seconds and 2 minutes of play, irrespective of the Hu-Card I use. I have full batteries and every other bit of software on my GP2X (Firmware 2.0) runs perfectly.

You overclocking? :)

Nekki posted on May 29 2006 at 05:32 PM said:

Lower your over clocking.

Paladin posted on May 29 2006 at 05:41 PM said:
I previously posted that it crashed whenever I launched it. My noob mistake, once I made the roms/pcengine directory in the root of the SD card, it runs fine.

My directory setup is fine - I rechecked all the obvious stuff before mentioning the problem. I just tried again with Soldier Blade and all was good until it froze right after the level one boss perished, and Gradius crashed at the splash screen.

yea, sounds like an overclocking problem to me...

I`ve played gradius all the way to the end and it doesnt crash ;)

Vobbo :ph34r:

Dropping to 233 fixed the problem, but i'm a little suprised that's what happened, being as the first time out I played quite happily on 266 for about 5 minutes without any problems. Also, I'm able to run other emulators (MAME and GnGeo) at 266 without any crashing.

In that case, I'll just have to hope for a 260 option in a later release (crosses fingers).

sam fisher posted on May 29 2006 at 06:48 PM said:
I couldn't do 266mhz till I ran HU6280! Hopefull we will have full speed at 233 eventually anyway :)

Or even full speed at 200 MHz maybe..

vobbo posted on May 29 2006 at 07:08 PM said:
yea, sounds like an overclocking problem to me...

I`ve played gradius all the way to the end and it doesnt crash ;)

Vobbo :ph34r:

Oh thats hardcore, I only ever finished it on MSX !

Nekki posted on May 29 2006 at 09:47 PM said:
Dropping to 233 fixed the problem, but i'm a little suprised that's what happened, being as the first time out I played quite happily on 266 for about 5 minutes without any problems. Also, I'm able to run other emulators (MAME and GnGeo) at 266 without any crashing.

In that case, I'll just have to hope for a 260 option in a later release (crosses fingers).

Seems to be the case quite often, for some reason emulator X hangs at 266, but Y works fine. Wonder why.

JyCet posted on May 29 2006 at 09:21 AM said:
A little explanation of the rederer quality with some picture

screenshot with HU6280 from GP2X (fgrab used)
481color_hu6280.png

With 3 pcengine emulator on gp2x
-hu6280 & squidgengine have a high quality redering display (16bits)
-gp2xengine have the worst display redering (8bit).

I hope it can help the people to understand the speed difference ... ;)

Reagrds
JYCET

Thanks JYCET. That is a great explanation. I see now that alot of colors are missing on the other versions. Now we can really appreciate more the great work done by Vobbo on this emu.

i really want to see this emulator finished because it is already much more accurate than the earlier one that i think was made by hermes, and only now do i see how nice the graphics were for their time. he's put a lot of work into this so i already donated a little bit to vobbo.

i think the only reason he wasn't getting donations because he never really asked for them at least not that i noticed. great work on the emulator.

jbrodack posted on May 30 2006 at 05:01 AM said:
i really want to see this emulator finished because it is already much more accurate than the earlier one that i think was made by hermes, and only now do i see how nice the graphics were for their time. he's put a lot of work into this so i already donated a little bit to vobbo.

i think the only reason he wasn't getting donations because he never really asked for them at least not that i noticed. great work on the emulator.

That and I think alot of us are holding out until it is more complete (sound). I think, and hope, he will get alot more moolah when there is sound and zip support etc.

wow, version 0.93 is impressive !

most games run fullspeed with sound activated (dunno if it means sound is emulated but NOT activated though) at 233mhz and at almost 50 fps at 200mhz (with vsync on).

great job Vobbo (i really need to get some paypal account ;))

baalim posted on May 30 2006 at 05:23 AM said:
wow, version 0.93 is impressive !

Another stealth release :lol:

Back