Release Hotfix 7 Beta 1 released!

I've installed this new fw the mini menu is really fast and didn't have any trouble running my pnd's at the moment,wi-fi works perfect.

Some are having trouble installing this to pandora first of all format using panasonic sd formatter then install redownload the firmware and extract and put all files into the sd card and put the card into pandora then hold right trigger and power switch to come to screen boot from sd1 then start installing.

If after this fails then the card must be corrupted few time usage some card fail especially sandisk,kingston and any other because of their cheap components and awful software,i use play cards never give trouble.

And now my Pandora can't charge beyond 37%. On the other hand, it discharges to 0% and then sits there for about 6 hours. See kids, this is what happens when you poke bears with sticks.

And now my Pandora can't charge beyond 37%. On the other hand, it discharges to 0% and then sits there for about 6 hours. See kids, this is what happens when you poke bears with sticks.
yeeeeeaaaahh...I'm definitely gonna let you sort that one out before i poke my panda bear with a stick

Hi there,

Just installed HF7b1 on SD card, touch screen improvement is amazing!

That changes the whole experience, nice job!

A small unrelated comment: shouldn't the bug portal be in the top bar links (between Wiki and Repo, for example)?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeeeeeaaaahh...I'm definitely gonna let you sort that one out before i poke my panda bear with a stick

at what voltage would zero percent be considered as?

Isn't there some way to manually calibrate the battery monitor to the battery's highest voltage and the Pandoras lowest working voltage?

Isn't there some way to manually calibrate the battery monitor to the battery's highest voltage and the Pandoras lowest working voltage?

It certainly is possible, but hasn't been coded yet. Probably not easy :/

at what voltage would zero percent be considered as?
3 Volts. Technically you could probably run down to about 2.7 volts or so before it became too low to run anything. Don't. Anything below 3 volts and you risk damaging the battery.

Batteries don't work like that. There isn't a direct correlation between voltage and battery level. If you attach a load to the battery, there will be a sudden drop in voltage; remove that load and the voltage will rise again: the bigger the load, the lower the drop. If you just based battery level on voltage, you might see, for example, a 10% drop (from 100% to 90%, or 50% to 45%, etc..) every time you started Mupen64. Conversely, if you plug it in to charge, the voltage will spike upwards: you might unplug it at 50% for some quick gaming only to have it read 45% a minute later.

The bq chip works by starting from an empty battery (3 volts) and measuring the current going into the battery as it charges until it detects that the charge has stopped. Then it adds up all the measured current and says "this must be the total capacity" and marks that as 100%. From then on it measures the discharge rate and subtracts that from full in order to arrive at the current capacity.

MWeston predid all the calculations and testing and made a golden file with which all the bq chips are flashed so they already know ahead of time how big the battery is. In the course of my experimenting, I forced it to recalibrate from 3 volts again, and that worked great for weeks. Then just this past week, I don't know what happened, but it recalibrated in such a way that it thinks my battery only has about 1000mah. From 100%, it discharges to 0% in about 2 or 3 hours, and then sits at 0% for the next 7 or 8 hours before it finally reaches 3 volts. Charging it up goes the opposite: it charges from 0 to 100% in about half an hour and then keeps charging for another 2 hours before it's actually full. I've tried re-recalibrating, but so far it hasn't worked. If all else fails, I've got the golden file, I can just reflash the chip if I have to, but I'd rather get it to behave properly.

Now, if only the nubs were as hacker friendly as everything else on the board.

edit: to clarify, a battery that is not under heavy load (positive or negative) does have a correlation between capacity and voltage, and that's how most home battery testers work, and how a lot of things work to give quick estimates on battery capacity. It's not a linear correlation, but you can graph it out. The problem comes when you start using power off the battery, or charging it up. Makes it hard to measure accurately.

Ok, small problem here. after I repartitioned the sd card that pandora was booting from, the sd card no longer boots. Now I understand moving the partition caused that but, now also my default system on the nand, hotfix 6 final, no longer boots. It is stuck in a reboot loop. I tried to reformat the sd card using the panasonic sd formatter but the pandora still does not recognise it at boot. so i having problem reflashing both the nand and the sd boot.

Edit: Just want to add that I was booting from nand just fine yesterday after the whole sd card thing happened until this morning when I took it out from the charger to go out and realise that I wouldnt boot..

2n edit: I was playing music with audacious through panorama luncher before I put the device to charge last night. Don't know if that has anything with it.

In minimenu for mupen64plus config it setted to 250mhz but can't change this to anything,can anyone help me on this,it only happens to this pnd only but mupen64 plus launcher is fine.

My nubs are defaulting to joystick mode on each boot. Not sure if this is a hotfix issue, or something else I'm missing?

File under 'something else I was missing'. I was doing some software testing, which resulted in a lot of hard resets - which is why the settings weren't saving.

Ok, small problem here. after I repartitioned the sd card that pandora was booting from, the sd card no longer boots. Now I understand moving the partition caused that but, now also my default system on the nand, hotfix 6 final, no longer boots. It is stuck in a reboot loop. I tried to reformat the sd card using the panasonic sd formatter but the pandora still does not recognise it at boot. so i having problem reflashing both the nand and the sd boot.

Edit: Just want to add that I was booting from nand just fine yesterday after the whole sd card thing happened until this morning when I took it out from the charger to go out and realise that I wouldnt boot..

2n edit: I was playing music with audacious through panorama luncher before I put the device to charge last night. Don't know if that has anything with it.
Well, I guess it may have been the battery that wasn't charge. After leaving it all night all day to charge while it loops, the boot loop has finally come to a stop and booted hf6 and reads %100 battery. sweet. Now re-doing my sd intallation. Almost there....

Maybe this has been notified, i still can't go in low power mode using the switch when the screen is closed.

Then i can go back and forth between modes.

Why does my hf7bq1 sd install comes up as default boot? I can't boot hf6f with the sd card in it no matter what option I take. If I boot from sd1, it starts hf7b1, if I choose default boot, it starts hf7b1, if the Openpandora boots normal without me holding the right shoulder button it starts hf7b1. Is that normal? Can I change that so I don't have to remove my sd card each time I want to boot to nand?

Edit: also in xfce the Pandora button does not bring up the menu anymore. It doesnt do anything from what I see. The icon isn't there either in the taskbar. I miss that. It was conveniently useful.

Find the autoboot.txt file on the root of SD card and rename it boot.txt it should then boot to nand by default and offer SD1 if you hold the R button.

With the menu icon missing the button will fail to bring up the menu as it relies on the cursor momentarily jumping there like a physical press, in order to beat an xfce bug that allows multiple menus on top of each other to occur.

Right click the area of the icon and choose properties. In the Icons section hit the folder icon and browse to 'op-start.png' which is the default icon (its in usr/share/pixmaps). With it back in place your Pandora button should work again.

Hope thats of use :)

Find the autoboot.txt file on the root of SD card and rename it boot.txt it should then boot to nand by default and offer SD1 if you hold the R button.

With the menu icon missing the button will fail to bring up the menu as it relies on the cursor momentarily jumping there like a physical press, in order to beat an xfce bug that allows multiple menus on top of each other to occur.

Right click the area of the icon and choose properties. In the Icons section hit the folder icon and browse to 'op-start.png' which is the default icon (its in usr/share/pixmaps). With it back in place your Pandora button should work again.

Hope thats of use :)
I have autoboot.txt and boot.txt already on the sd card. Should I just delete the autoboot.txt then?

Just store it somewhere else, or rename it something else and check whether you get nand or SD1 options back with the boot.txt. If not try renaming the autoboot to boot and move the original boot.txt. One way should sort you out.

Just store it somewhere else, or rename it something else and check whether you get nand or SD1 options back with the boot.txt. If not try renaming the autoboot to boot and move the original boot.txt. One way should sort you out.
Just did it. yeah, that fix it. Thanks

Back