Release Zaxxon Hotfix 6 - Beta 1 released!

sukhi2011

Yes that's true but i think vlc player doesn't use there is no settings for it,so no need to worry about in this player,yes other 2 players does have it.

The panplayer hardly plays any format,so i don't use it hardly but if avi i will use it.

Has anyone tried panplayer on tv,does it work.

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Yes that's true but i think vlc player doesn't use there is no settings for it,so no need to worry about in this player,yes other 2 players does have it.

The panplayer hardly plays any format,so i don't use it hardly but if avi i will use it.

Has anyone tried panplayer on tv,does it work.
I only use panplayer.Last time i tried vlc player it wasnt working for me or something.Could have been an old version though.

I only just ordered from peca so i dont expect the tv out for a while unless the mans a hyperactive octopus or something. As usual i had to google what xv output was cos i dont speak alerino.

panplayer works on tv , video out must be x11
Panplayer works. Good.Now call me clueless but whats x 11?

alerino

i sent him an email, also bugging for improvements on Mame 106 and FBA bounty :)

are you taking a look, mr. mitchell?

Last edited by a moderator:

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
with updated tv-out script from notaz (hf6b2) peca's cable is working fantastic; I had a go of Wipeout 3 on pcsx-rearmed :) (svideo + composite, both good.)

jeff

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
i sent him an email, also bugging for improvements on Mame 106 and FBA bounty :)

are you taking a look, mr. mitchell?

Mame 106 was cpasjuste, not SteveM, IIRC.

I pulled Mame4all for the sole purpose of.. if I have a minute, I may hack in some wsad-p keys, so that iCP HID keyboard can work with it, but no guarantee (6 days until twins land, not much time ;)

jeff

alerino

meanwhile, i am being able to play mame4all gp2x version (thru ginge) on TV :)

maybe you can merge some notaz code (his emus auto-detect ICP in both modes, keyboard and keypad)

Mame 106 needs a lot of love, scaling and stretching would be a great start

mal_CanDo

Still Fresh
Just a quick update on Beta 1 regarding newbies ( ie someone with no files on their SD card )...

1) Have a web browser installed by default on the Pandora, with bookmarks ( eg Midori ). I couldn't get the text browser that is installed to work ( eg didn't see any obvious way of entering a URL, plus text only browsing might not be a good first experience )

2) Place PndStore* on the desktop, to allow users to easily install new software ( this could include installing eg Midori or Firefox or something, but of course it's a lot easier just to have a browser installed - one that has a lower number than the latest one maybe that still works fine ( eg Firefox 4 ), so that any newer installs will be separate on the SD card and numbered eg Firefox 5 ).

* One major bug with PndStore which might not have been noticed by users with software already on their sd card.

When you want to download software, it tries to install to a folder on the internal memory - trying to install this gives an error. This only goes away when you create the /pandora/apps folder on the SD card. Possible solution - have PndStore check for the /pandora/apps folder if an SD card exists, and auto-create the folder otherwise.

This would make it a LOT easier to get software onto the Pandora for new users.

Dark_Link

can we have openbox instead of xfwm4? i notice that there is no lag delays when trying to open a menu in xfce4 and it uses less ram with the overall experience being much nicer.

MarioPandio

Something along these lines that Alerino mentioned before perhaps?

change video out mode from xv to x11

you can run from command line

Code:
mplayer -vo x11 filename

here

http://boards.openpa...dpost__p__92627

Although what the commandline for launching 'Panplayer' with video-out forced to x11 (some kind of pnd run argument), rather than just 'mplayer' with x11 forced, would need to be substituted I presume.

Link

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
meanwhile, i am being able to play mame4all gp2x version (thru ginge) on TV :)

maybe you can merge some notaz code (his emus auto-detect ICP in both modes, keyboard and keypad)

Mame 106 needs a lot of love, scaling and stretching would be a great start
Forgot about the Ginge.... SWEET

Must try.

Now we just need universal ICP support somehow.

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
it doesn't work,keeps on saying in terminal file not found.

You did try typing in a real video file name, not just the fake one posted above ( filename )... right?

So..

Code:
mplayer -vo x11 A_REAL_VIDEO_FILE_NAME_NOT_THIS_FAKE_ONE.avi