Release Zaxxon Hotfix 7 Alpha 2 - Merry Christmas :)

UPDATE: The OS version I tested and gave feedback to was indeed 1.7.a2.

I had misread the bootscreen. Updated my posts accordingly.

I've had my touchscreen lock up on me a few times. Fortunately the pointer still works using the nubs, except when I tried using "calibrate touchscreen" to see if it would reset it and fix the problem. I had to force a reset as it just froze on the caibrate screen.

In general I'm very happy with this update though - pandora seems like a much faster and happier OS all round. Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell me how to "clone" my nand as I've spent ages pissing about with it and would love to be able to just write a clone back to it if I dick up my OS (I really like dicking up my OS, and I'm marvelous at finding new ways to do it).

Did anyone else's settings disappear in XFCE under the start menu? I've got the Desktop folder in there but nothing else. Full flash of HF7a2.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see them there now, not sure how they came back... :huh:

Thanks for the epic enhancements. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the hotfix! So far, I haven't had a single issue or bug.

One question, though... In previous versions, rearranging desktop icons in XFCE was a pain, involving all sorts of strange maneuvering. I've noticed, though (mostly by accident), that it's possible -- sort of, anyway -- to rearrange icons now by dragging and dropping with the stylus. This may or may not require holding the left shoulder button. I've been able to do it several times, but it's not consistent, and I'm not sure what I'm doing right/wrong each time. Is this a documented change, and if so, what's the trick to doing it every time?

Hey your right! I find that you have to swipe with the stylus but immediately hit the left trigger and then you can move icons everytime. This is definitely preferred to having to select an icon and hit left on the right nub, then hit the space you want the icon to shift to, as it used to be. So yes, was this planned?

Hey your right! I find that you have to swipe with the stylus but immediately hit the left trigger and then you can move icons everytime. This is definitely preferred to having to select an icon and hit left on the right nub, then hit the space you want the icon to shift to, as it used to be. So yes, was this planned?
Indeed, dragging with the stylus and pressing shift (shoulder or regular) to release works great. Nice!

My start button on the taskbar has mysteriously disappeared twice (I just created it again). Also, the 2 nights I've left it running and plugged in it's been black screen/unresponsive and required a reset. And I mentioned before... the touchscreen has frozen a couple of times.

All in all though, I love this OS. I'd like some way to make the "sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off" default though as I prefer to have less shitty wi-fi without having to use a terminal each time. Oh, and the brightness changer in the taskbar if buggered.

Please don't waste time farting around trying to fix these minor issues if you could be spending your time working on the Yar's Revenge release! I'm looking towards the future and can live with the OS the way it is for now.

Has this been released to be installed on SD yet? I skimmed through pretty quick, but didn't notice anything on that specific part of the topic...

Has this been released to be installed on SD yet? I skimmed through pretty quick, but didn't notice anything on that specific part of the topic...
To install it, simply extract the archive onto the root of your SD Card.

Insert the SD Card into the left slot. Keep R (shoulder) pressed while switching on your Pandora and select "Boot from SD1"

If "Boot from SD1" doesn't appear, try to reformat the SD Card using Panasonic SD Formatter, recopy the files and retry.

You can also use the SD Installer and run HF7a2 off SD Card.

Grab the image needed for the SD Installer here

It was on the first page mate.

Credit goes to ED

Thanks... like I said, I skimmed through somewhat quickly, so I'm not surprised that I missed that info.. also, thanks for the details, gotwake424... will be trying it out in the next week or less depending on freetime...

I had a little play yesterday with installing HF7a3 on an SD card.

Had a torrid time downloading anything from openpandora.org as the downloads kept randomly dropping out. (repo: oki.pnd is doing it now.) :(

Was expecting alpha2 but I ended up with alpha3 firmware.

Was going to report that the wifi LED was broken but realised that that first thing I did was to add my dongle so nicked wlan0 thus buggering up the op_wifi.sh script which has wlan0 hardcoded.

Tried to post this from the Pandora but midori running of the other SD card (same version I normally use), fails to open the dialogue box for replying to the topic. (I need to boot back to HF6 to be sure it's not me).

What's the changes :)

Not much yet - charging should hopefully work for everyone properly again, modemmanager has been included (though not tested), MiniMenu got a new optional theme (still WIP), increased SD Card voltage (which could make some flakey cards working).

That's about it for now ;)

I just reflased my NAND with 7a3. Been doing a lot of faffling around with the pandora the last few days. Mainly cause I've been pretty unwell and unable to go anywhere or do much else. I actually set up a 16gb class 10 SDHC to tripple boot (Arch, Debian and Angstrom). Since it worked fine I've been wondering if it'd be possible to boot from an SD with a gparted created linux partition table (so we could get more than 4 primary partitions) as all it needs is a boot.txt for each system? I might try this for a laugh if I get bored, will need to clear out one of my 32GB cards though, and one of them is stuffed full of PSX games at the moment.

Modemmanager is included? Great news!

I have one request for future releases: If you are adding modemmanager, please also add the USB-modeswitch package. It allows to switch certein HDSPA-modems from Mass storage mode to modem mode. Thank you.

Back