Release Hotfix 7 Beta 1 released!

just updated and I have a wifi issue :

I have a nofication that wireless networks are available but when I click on the notification nothing happens :(

any thought ?
Reboot and try again?

yep, same issue . It tells me "click on this icon to connect to a wireless network" but it just disappears when i click on it :(

I have a nofication that wireless networks are available but when I click on the notification nothing happens :(

any thought ?
Reboot and try again?

yep, same issue . It tells me "click on this icon to connect to a wireless network" but it just disappears when i click on it :(

Maybe click directly on the networkmanager icon to select your wifi?

any thought ?
Reboot and try again?

As mcobit mentioned, the text is just an info to click on the network manager icon below.

Clicking the text will always make it disappear, it's just a notification coming from the network manager icon :D

I think you used to be able to click on the notification bubble and it'd still direct it to the NM applet, but now you have to do hit NM directly. Screwed me up too :)

jeff

I think you used to be able to click on the notification bubble and it'd still direct it to the NM applet, but now you have to do hit NM directly. Screwed me up too :)

Would be weird, as nothing regarding that has changed for a few Hotfixes.

Might've caused some work upgrading the old OE tree :eek:

any thought ?
Reboot and try again?

As mcobit mentioned, the text is just an info to click on the network manager icon below.

Clicking the text will always make it disappear, it's just a notification coming from the network manager icon :D

is there any way to call the network manager directly from terminal ?

Big Problem:

I can't reboot any Hotfix.

I'm using HF7a3.

This is what I get:

Code:
reading boot.scr

5045119 bytes

## Executing script at 82000000

Wrong image format for 'source' command

script failed.

I've tested 2 different Sd-cards (Fat32).

I wanted to get Beta1. As this didn't work I tried out to reflash alpha3 but the same problem occures.

What's wrong. I'm already using Alpha3. Why can't I reflash?

Maybe ed knows better, but did you redownload the image?

Could be a broken download.

That touchscreen stops working bug is really irritating. Got it a few times in xfce just using the pndstore app.

Would be weird, as nothing regarding that has changed for a few Hotfixes.

Might've caused some work upgrading the old OE tree :eek:

This is very odd - I remove everything from the panel at the bottom of the screen except for pandora button, wifi, battery meter and date/time. The network manager icon appeared redundant, so I removed that - as in previous firmwares it was sufficient to click the notification... and now I have to go looking for the bloody network manager instead! "Click here to..." my arse :)

Sort it, Mr Dragon!

D.

That touchscreen stops working bug is really irritating. Got it a few times in xfce just using the pndstore app.
Any reliable way to reproduce it? It's very hard to fix a problem without being able to reproduce it.
I'll be sure to let you guys know. I'll boot it up later and see how it goes.

Any reliable way to reproduce it? It's very hard to fix a problem without being able to reproduce it.

Well it froze on me a couple of times while trying to figure out how to drag desktop icons. Turned out I'd made the font so big it could only have 2 icons per column and that's why my repeaded OCD dragging failed - what a dick.

If the boot from DS1 is not working for flashing it also causes a problem running the os from sd. I dont know why but the cards that i have, (two microsd and 1 fullsize sd card) they work on the pandora but, wont boot from it. I forgot what magic I did last time to flash HF6.

Back