Here Is What Will Be Happening.

second exodous said:
Be realistic, the case for the Pandora will never be perfect.
By my definition of perfection, those cases will never comply with common standards. Is that what you mean?

second exodous said:
You mean to tell me your the most outspoken about waiting and you're not even in the first batch? Heck yeah it's easy for you to wait, you won't get yours for months no matter what. I'm in the freaking first batch and the last case was good enough for me. You shouldn't even get a say in the first batch.

I consider myself logical enough to think about what those other 3700 people from the first batch think about sub-standard cases. Those who are less vocal and maybe not even lurking here. Are you level-headed enough to speak for them, my friend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Na-Noo said:
Let's hope it was bad communication with the factory again. OP expecting sample of final case with final finish etc, factory thinking its just a sample so ok to use recycled plastic etc (if that's the problem)
I'll wait for vids and pics.
I just think it's unfair to just to say people who choose to wait for what OP decide is ok and (perfect enough) to be seen as too fussy, crazies, etc.
Yes, it's perfectly logical that the factory understood 'don't change anything from the last sample, wait two weeks, and then send the same thing again'.

Sorry, I haven't slept for 36 hours so I might be a little cranky, but come on people lets take a reality pill.

peca said:
EvilDragon said:
And as the case does work fine and we'll offer the good-looking replacements later, you should all be fine.
What will be price for case replacement? I'd like to take one non-final, as I need it really quickly. So I'd like to know how much more I must spent if I want perfect one later.
This also interests me.

If the price is okay, and replacing the case myself doesn't void the warranty I'm up for it. Just as long as the ribbon for the screen isn't any harder than the DS one.

second exodous said:
mali said:
I don't care about Chinese factories, tbh. I have no comparisons, cause no other project has been that open to actually reveal how long it takes, so it might be common, I don't know. Any decision the OP Team makes now, will have an impact on the project so it should be made with foresight. I guess that they are burnt out by the stress by now, but they should stay calm and wise and they shouldn't rush a decision.
It's not rushed. They have been dealing with this company for this long and know what to expect. The only way to get better than this is to pull out of this company and go somewhere else. If that happens add another 2 years on to the wait. I'm looking at my DS right now and it's not perfect, nothing in this life is perfect.

I'll say it again, we're dealing with a niche product that has a small run from a company that is making their first product on a budget, it will not be perfect. If it functions that is enough. The last case I had to look closely at the pics to even see what they were talking about. And I'll say that I have found imperfections on both my GBA SP and my NDSL, two products made by the biggest company making gaming handhelds today.

Be realistic, the case for the Pandora will never be perfect, if this revision has a few flaws like the last I say go for it and get them out the door.
He never said case is rushed, he said not to rush the decision.
He also never said he wanted perfection either.
Your examples just proves his point, those cases are perfect if perfect means to comply with common standards.
OP may be small but their not using a back street market trader to make the case.

mali said:
second exodous said:
By my definition of perfection, those cases will never comply with common standards. Is that what you mean?
I'm sorry mali, like I said above I'm running on no sleep and I probably shouldn't be posting. I want to say that I didn't see the 'flaws' of the last case as that big and could have lived with them and with mweston saying that they didn't do anything drives me nuts. I still want to see pics and vids before I cast my vote. If they are like the last case I say go for it though.

mali said:
second exodous said:

What are the common standards? The 360 shipped in the millions with a system fatal flaw that caused Microsoft to lose billions. The original GBA was virtually unplayable without the help of an external light source. My PSP has an odd placement of the power switch that causes me to randomly shut down the device if I'm not careful. The touch pads keys of my EEE 701 broke from normal use, now they are duct taped... So far, from what i have seen of pandora, the flaws are minor.

LeChuck87 said:
New Pictures are on MWestons Photobucket-Account.. (Rev.3 Cases)

Look here...
I see fingerprints and dust, where are the imperfections? I'm guessing he hasn't taken pics of the troubled areas yet but I'm sure no matter how minor they are people will start nitpicking.

EDIT: On the back of the hinge it looks cracked. Is that one of the flaws? The two halves of the bottom aren't together, is that a flaw? I don't see the discoloring though. I also don't see shrinkage from what I'm looking at.

Get the microscope out people and lets find flaws.

The cases are nasty. Real nasty. This is the type of quality you'd expect 20+ years ago from cheap Chinese imports. Even most recent Chinese knockoffs are much better in quality.
Seriously... not sure how much has been paid for this work but have a look at the latest 3rd revision now that are now up. This is ultra cheap rubbish. The Pandora inside does not deserve to be in such a poor case. Nothing deservses to be in such a poor case

I cannot speak for anyone else, but the case in the pictures looks fine for my needs. :)

I'm not impatient, I've long been one of the quiet folks, but I would like one of these if this is what the team chooses to do. I sent an e-mail earlier, before the pictures were up, and they look pretty much as I'd expected - I stand by my decision.

LeChuck87 said:
New Pictures are on MWestons Photobucket-Account.. (Rev.3 Cases)

Look here...

It looks pretty good. The ports do seem rough, but it does look like it had been in my pocket for a month or so. The color also seems a bit odd. Overall, I would rate it "Acceptable".

I would take it now and buy a new case later (or not) if given the choice.

second exodous said:
I see fingerprints and dust, where are the imperfections? I'm guessing he hasn't taken pics of the troubled areas yet but I'm sure no matter how minor they are people will start nitpicking.
Don't remember anyone nitpicking apart from OP unless that's what you meant?

Edit: Be interesting to hear if it's recycled plastic or not. Has that been confirmed?

WolfSpider said:
Why does it have so many cracks and dents?

Poor moulds. Doubt the production run will be any better - maybe slightly if at all.
You could probably do a better job yourself at home with remouldable plastic

These pictures are not of a cased Pandora like was stated at the start of this thread...

I think the cracks and dents are due to using recycled plastic or something, I don't remember where it was said.

Na-Noo said:
second exodous said:
Don't remember anyone nitpicking apart from OP unless that's what you meant?
I don't know anymore. JUST FREAKING GET IT OUT THE DOOR!!!!!!!! I do see the crack on the back of the hinge though, I'll give you that, but no description of it so we don't know if it was dropped or if it is a side effect of recycled plastic or if it was smited by the hand of God for seeking perfection.

The only thing that causes me some concern is the seam of the LCD hinge, where there appears to be a couple of cracks. I don't mind scratches, but cracks make me a bit nervous. I'm wondering if OP will want to go forward with this if they think that they're going to need to replace 300~500 lids after a year. It is also conceivable that these cracks only appear on this one particular case, and that others may not have this defect.

I look forward to hearing MWeston's take on the rev 3 cases. Either way, I would say that I am likely to volunteer for one of the 500 regardless.

OMFG! This is ugly!
It is even broken, check on teh picture where you see the back ports.
I am not usre if all teh white spots are dust on the lense...

I don't know if this company (the chinese) can do any better.
They said that they were perfect and they wanted to make a 3rd Revision
using the "full process" so that the finish is like it would be on the MP.

Well, if that is the BEST they can do, I cancle my order. Sorry,
but that 100x worse then GP2x. I don't have much other stuff to compare it with.

some please tell me that this is all ajoke from the Chinese and the real 3rd Rev. cases are comming on Monday

The finishing is obviously not done, which would make a lot of the surface imperfections less obvious. Compare finish to non-finish here.

Edit: After examining this one, there seems to be some level of finishing.

purplesky said:
WolfSpider said:
Why does it have so many cracks and dents?

Poor moulds. Doubt the production run will be any better - maybe slightly if at all.
You could probably do a better job yourself at home with remouldable plastic
Oh for crying out loud, you have 9 posts.

Back