Gp32X Is Not Good Enough

notaz said:
I would still prefer everything in one place, having 2 pandora dev forums is just waste of time for someone like me who wants to keep track of those things. At least dev section should have not been split.

Looks like route DjWillis took is best, simply leave the boards and not bother with this.

Yeah I think it's a waste too, but it's something we'll put up with if we have to.

But I think that ultimately the official forums aren't going to be that popular anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:
EvilDragon said:
One thing is sure: The atmosphere here has been a problem lately - might be because there are so many different users.
The more different users there are, the more trouble will be there, as more different opinions will be there.
There are users who hate mali or nova as mods, and there are users who want them as mods. Hard situation.

There is only this one as far as I know. And I struggle to see why he has such a problem with me but there we are.

I also have no idea. I got a few ICQ posts - but I think something like that is normal.
With a board where there are thousands of users, you will probably find a handful of guys for each mod that they don't like.
I'm pretty sure there are also guys here who don't like me. That's normal in human nature.

However, getting a few ICQ posts just about you two since yesterday seems there are a few people who either love your moderations or hate them.
Don't ask me why, but of course, if people hate something about the moderation here they will leave and if they love the moderation here they will stay.

Last edited:
People are being too damn passive aggressive. You don't solve problems by complaining about people behind their backs all day. Sometimes you've gotta vent but if you want to actually accomplish anything you're going to have to eventually say something to their face.

Iorgy77 said:
This board and community was good enough when OP team needed suckers to pay upfront for a two year wait, OP don't need us any more it seems, on to bigger and better things. I feel so used up.

Why is that? I will still stick for these boards, too - and I won't delete them from my server, no worries.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
I also have no idea. I got a few ICQ posts - but I think something like that is normal.

That'll be Orkie then.

Exophase said:
notaz said:
I would still prefer everything in one place, having 2 pandora dev forums is just waste of time for someone like me who wants to keep track of those things. At least dev section should have not been split.

Looks like route DjWillis took is best, simply leave the boards and not bother with this.

Yeah I think it's a waste too, but it's something we'll put up with if we have to.

But I think that ultimately the official forums aren't going to be that popular anyway.
I'm with notaz. As a developer this will hardly make me ragequit, and I honestly only ever went to the Pandora section here anyway, but I am really frickin' lazy and I don't particularly like the thought of having to go through two almost identical forums. At least pick one or the other so it's at least centralized.

And while I can't say I really care, the way I'm seeing this happen does leave a particularly sour taste in my mouth. It's not the decision that I disagree with, but it seems to come from a very immature place rather than somewhere well considered. Maybe I'm assuming too much here but from the outside looking in this whole move looks pretty unprofessional.

Not that I suspect my opinion matters a whole lot, though.

I don't see the need for another board. There will always be people who are annoying and destructive, you won't keep them from beeing who/ how they are...

Problem is: Pandora resources are already scattered widely; another board makes that even worse.

Nova said:
That'll be Orkie then.

If so, Orkie has been saying gp32x is pure shit for several years now, so who really cares what he thinks ;p

mali said:
My personal advice for all you Pandora folks is to leave GP32X and register on the new forums.
But my post count! How will I prove how big my e-penis is if it gets reset back to 1? I'll be a noooob! :eek:

WizardStan said:
mali said:
My personal advice for all you Pandora folks is to leave GP32X and register on the new forums.
But my post count! How will I prove how big my e-penis is if it gets reset back to 1? I'll be a noooob! :eek:

In all seriousness, could we not advocate a mass migration? There's no way you'll get a very high percentage to move, especially if no one feels there's any real reason beyond craigix said so. Trying to convince people to do it really will just result in two smaller communities which is socially speaking detrimental.

Look at the two places right now, they even both look the same. I feel bad for ED having to worry about both places now.

Exophase said:
WizardStan said:
mali said:

In all seriousness, could we not advocate a mass migration? There's no way you'll get a very high percentage to move, especially if no one feels there's any real reason beyond craigix said so. Trying to convince people to do it really will just result in two smaller communities which is socially speaking detrimental.

Look at the two places right now, they even both look the same. I feel bad for ED having to worry about both places now.

I feel bad for ED because this decision seems to have been imposed to him and he will have to get the hits and handle it in some way or another. I hope this story will die in a couple of weeks (I think it will...)

Why not make it so users could configure their view of the forums, hiding boards they don't like. Then, just have the "Official Pandora boards" be preconfigured to filter out everything else.

And now that Craig has his own board, does that mean he will be ignoring attacks here? Because he could have done that before.

GizmoTheGreen said:
why not make a seperate forum for pandora, and then provide a link from here for those interested?

Isn't it in that case a lot easier to just leave the forums as they are? I'm just musing.

From where I sit, it seems like Craig has got fed up of having to adhere to the rules that everyone on the forum lives by, and has created the new forum solely to be in control. As ED says, a separate and professional support forum is a good idea, but Craig doesn't want that, he'd much rather own the community and replace GP32x. Massive respect to the guy for his part in creating the Pandora and the iControlPad, but he's being a little childish.

THEN - OMG!!!! Building a seperate handheld outside of the GPH world will TOTALLY FRAGMENT the community and destroy the handheld market we have here.

NOW - OMG!!!!! Setting up a seperate forum outside of GP32X world will TOTALLY FRAGMENT the community and destroy the handheld market we have here.

IMHO these two statements seem to have the same false alarmist reaction attached to them. I'm not particular concerned now anymore than I was then.

Gerix said:
Then, just have the "Official Pandora boards" be preconfigured to filter out everything else.
Because Craig, as the voice of OPT, doesn't have the level of control he wants here. I'm actually afraid to go to the new forum for honest fear that I would have been banned over a misunderstanding if Craig had had the power.
Simply put, I don't think I trust Craig to be as unbiased as an admin (or even mod) needs to be. If I'm wrong, if he can keep his finger off the delete button over things he simply doesn't agree with, then everything could work out well. I'm not holding my breath, though.
Don't get me wrong, Craig can be a good guy, he just seems a little jumpy sometimes, far too quick to defend himself, almost violently so at times.

ED's first post in this thread made a lot of sense, having official support at their website and everything else here. Having the whole Pandora forum move there makes no sense. Enjoy your sinking ship Craig & Co.

notaz said:
And Orkie just wants to get rid of pandora stuff here since he is not interested.
Damn, you beat me to it.

I can see several advantages in a seperate forum, like accounts could be linked to jabber- and game-server-accounts. Awesome community features could be possible with the right setup and an exclusive community.

But, if it's only for craig being angry on gp32x-team and some gph-fanboys, we can be sure with his way to deal with critics, well see flamewars again in the future. plus, I don't think the device-creators should be in absolute control of the community-boards.

Back