Gp32X Is Not Good Enough

Ok, I guess if there's no solution, then he needs new boards.

Tangent: Membership rolls are not getting transferred, correct? So there is a possibility of the Red Baron, in all his prior incarnations, making a return? Plus, could someone register on those forums under a name already taken on these forums? Because that would be confusing if there were a shadow (ok, I probably shouldn't post his name). And then (you know, that guy) has to take on a new name and fight shadow (that guy) in the most epic flame war since, well, ever. It might even be like Ivanhoe (but I never read the real Ivanhoe. It turned out it was just an abridged copy. But was it labeled as such? No!).

There isn't much of a problem with users being unhappy with other forums existing.

The problem that some people (ie sbock in this thread) have described is that there are people who post in both the Pandora and the GPH forums, who are perceived as being hostile/biased/trolls or whatever. Remember Quasist? Kinda like that, in theory.

The problem I have is that now pretty much any time someone says something negative about a GPH handheld they get called a Pandora-lover who is just inciting arguments and doesn't actually care about GPH products at all so they have no business giving their opinion. I personally don't like a board that promotes brand loyalty and is intolerant of criticism or objective discussion about a device's faults and strengths. In fact, the Pcsx4all source thread I started shows that you can't even make a request for source without it somehow being taken as an affront against a device.

I see this happening on the Pandora boards too, where someone complains about this or that and people get incredibly defensive. With Pandora dedicated forums we could see this potentially stifled too, either directly or indirectly.. like Iorgy was worried about.

Feels like it's getting hard to say an awful lot around here without being accused of having all sorts of ulterior motives, or that you're a whiny ungrateful piece of crap who needs to be more thankful that anyone does anything good at all (and that we should spend all our time developing instead, oh wait that was just torpor)

WizardStan said:
Because Craig, as the voice of OPT, doesn't have the level of control he wants here. I'm actually afraid to go to the new forum for honest fear that I would have been banned over a misunderstanding if Craig had had the power.
Simply put, I don't think I trust Craig to be as unbiased as an admin (or even mod) needs to be. If I'm wrong, if he can keep his finger off the delete button over things he simply doesn't agree with, then everything could work out well. I'm not holding my breath, though.
Don't get me wrong, Craig can be a good guy, he just seems a little jumpy sometimes, far too quick to defend himself, almost violently so at times.
To be fair, Craig said he won't stay Admin there. ED will be Admin and in the end it will be business as usual, I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
To be fair, Craig said he won't stay Admin there. ED will be Admin and in the end it will be business as usual, I suppose.
Oh, ok. That's fair. Previous fears assuaged, new fears installed.

mali said:
WizardStan said:
Because Craig, as the voice of OPT, doesn't have the level of control he wants here. I'm actually afraid to go to the new forum for honest fear that I would have been banned over a misunderstanding if Craig had had the power.
Simply put, I don't think I trust Craig to be as unbiased as an admin (or even mod) needs to be. If I'm wrong, if he can keep his finger off the delete button over things he simply doesn't agree with, then everything could work out well. I'm not holding my breath, though.
Don't get me wrong, Craig can be a good guy, he just seems a little jumpy sometimes, far too quick to defend himself, almost violently so at times.

He didn't say anything about not being mod...

Nova said:
mali said:
WizardStan said:

He didn't say anything about not being mod...
Good point, he doesn't need Admin powers to ban people at random. I suppose posting on the new forums will be like Russian Roulette?

Ahahaha, how epic! :D
I just saw we have Quasist on the new boards! I wonder if he's the real one :D

I feel the urge to unban him here, maybe later...

And the first rants against GPH have already been posted, too. Well done. Making me moderator was the worst ever decision, it seems. A lection in advanced trolling? Who knows :p

I like how we have a guy named klikklak who is totally pro-GPH and a guy named kloplop who is apparently anti-GPH. I always confuse the two.

slap.jpg

Exophase said:
There isn't much of a problem with users being unhappy with other forums existing.

The problem that some people (ie sbock in this thread) have described is that there are people who post in both the Pandora and the GPH forums, who are perceived as being hostile/biased/trolls or whatever. Remember Quasist? Kinda like that, in theory.

The problem I have is that now pretty much any time someone says something negative about a GPH handheld they get called a Pandora-lover who is just inciting arguments and doesn't actually care about GPH products at all so they have no business giving their opinion. I personally don't like a board that promotes brand loyalty and is intolerant of criticism or objective discussion about a device's faults and strengths. In fact, the Pcsx4all source thread I started shows that you can't even make a request for source without it somehow being taken as an affront against a device.

I have the feeling you misunderstood here some things. I don't defended GPH in that thread, I defended Franxis. There is a small difference between this two things. He's not here on this board anymore and I found your post a little bit unfair in his direction. And I knew that Craig is often in your waterway. I knew that it would ended up in flames. On the other hand the Spanisch people are quite proud of him and I think most of them have the same intention as me. Some people are of course just trolling (on both sides).

But just to be perfect clear here: When I have a different opinion than you its not necessary a GPH-Pandora thing. It's mostly a sbock-exophase thing. I'm somewhat neutral here and I think you're, too. BTW, believe me or not, I'm in the 2. batch. I hope your world view is not in rubble now. :)
But again: Calling people idiots is IMHO not the right way to argue here on this forums. And if you can please omit this in the future I have absolutely no problem with you. That's all I will say here. Peace.

@mali

Satisfied with me? :)

great post, sbock.

I still don't think the flames were as high as people tell they were. We shall all remember that a lot of people here don't speak english that well (I'm german for instance and had a terrible english teacher in school) and often a little ;) get's misrepresented as an :angry:
How about a forum-rule that every sentence must be ended with a smiley instead of a dot?

In the end we all like each other. This is a great community that had great achievements in the past and present. We all hope this community will achieve even more in the future. About craig: I think he is a great guy to hang around with, but at the moment, he should probably let ED do the PR for a while and try to figure out a more professional way to deal with the community, as it sometimes seems he hasn't realized how much his role has changed since he started the whole ICP/Pandora thing.

I have to say what is on my mind here.

Okay maybe another forum may be the right way to go for the Pandora, sad however it is, but I totally question Craig's motivation for currently doing so. It all seems to come quickly after being moderated. My personal feelings on this is that Craig definitely wants more control, the ability to censor, impose his foot and to keep his board free of negative impact. After all, it makes good business sense from his point of view, which comes back to him treating these boards as his livelihood.

Now that it's all said and done, I hope it all goes well, I really hope and that Craig's team can moderate the place fairly and that Craig doesn't go off the deep end in one of his blue mouthed rants, which as I have always said is very unprofessional, hopefully his new moderation team will edit his posts if he does go a little loopy... Now where have I heard that before!

Clare.

The main problem both here and at GP32Spain is that there are many "kids" around, people that feel attacked quickly and speak before of thinking.

And the sad reality is that one of them is also one of the main members of the OpenPandora team.

If people talk before starting trolling, this situation wouln't have created.

I really hope both communities get back to collaboration soon and forget this stupid situation.

sbock;

I understand that you defended Franxis and I understand why you did. I don't think he really needed to be defended because I wasn't attacking him or accusing him, but that was something I had to clarify.

What I didn't like was that you first implied that I had some negative reason for posting the thread, when you said "I don't think that's his reason.." Then you said that some people just want to provoke things and start fights, like you said in this thread. It was pretty accusatory.

I was obviously fed up in that thread after it was turned into a flame war. I called people idiot fanboys because as far as I was concerned they were being idiot fanboys and I was intent on showing exactly how I felt about it. Maybe not tactful or very nice, but I prefer being blunt over being passive aggressive, even if it ends up being rude. When you quoted that thread, bolded "idiots", and responded "QFT", I wasn't even sure what to make of it. This is kind of what I'm saying. Were you saying you agreed? Probably not, given everything else you've been saying. Were you trying to say the post looked ironic, that I was really the idiot? I don't really know. I get this kind of vague, numb, but overall disapproving and evasive negativity from posts like those, which leaves me not knowing how to feel. And this is hard for me because my impression of you has been so overwhelmingly positive for a long time.

I have to apologize, I'm not really sure what you mean by "in your waterway" with regard to craig and me. I don't think we're on the same "side" at all, if that's what you mean; I'm very often openly opposed to things he says and he has had at me on the boards more than once too (not to mention in private). I do think he was trying to stir something up in that thread and I didn't really like it, unfortunately there wasn't really anything I could do about it.

conso said:
In the end we all like each other. This is a great community that had great achievements in the past and present. We all hope this community will achieve even more in the future. About craig: I think he is a great guy to hang around with, but at the moment, he should probably let ED do the PR for a while and try to figure out a more professional way to deal with the community, as it sometimes seems he hasn't realized how much his role has changed since he started the whole ICP/Pandora thing.

That's probably the biggest problem. If there is something he doesn't like about the Caanoo or WIZ, he posts it like any other guy.
But because he is the guy behind the Pandora, he gets flamed immediately, which is understandable.

He's one good business man (heck, I have no idea how he managed to get all those good deals and contracts we got for the Pandora... it amazes me, I surely couldn't have done it, I'm a too nice guy), but he seems to forget what role he plays and that everything he says is being in a different context nowadays.
I think you either are very social or a business man... you can't be both.

Everyone has his positive and negative sides. Craig, me, you, everyone. While Craig achieved the impossible here (by starting and managing the whole Pandora thing), one of his flaws is definately that he always writes what he thinks :)

Last edited:
CoMiKe said:
I really hope both communities get back to collaboration soon and forget this stupid situation.

I'm pretty sure they will in the future.

Last edited:
Back