#gp32dev Crap Games Compo 2005

skateilepticus.jpg

i'd like to joint, but dunno if i have the time.

I don't get it. It would be so easy to create a crap game. Just put a white pixel in the center of the screen and call it the dead pixel game. I win!

I think my first original program is better than these two entries. :eek:

Features ;) :

Move the mouse cursor about the screen! If you go past the top/bottom, it loops over to the bottom/top, if you go past the sides, it loops over to the other side (like in Pacman and Mario arcade).

If you move the cursor past the top/bottom or sides, the background loops around to another 1/4 of the 640x480 image, like the cursor.

Its not a game though, just a moving mouse cursor over a scrolling 640x480 background, like Pea's test thingy, except the background scrolls in increments of 320x240 rather than just scrolling 1 pixel at a time.

:lol:

EDIT: I think the point of this "compo" is you should make a game that is crappy, original, and creative about being crappy, rather than being crappy without trying to be crappy, as in it just happens.

EDIT2: Crappiest(sp) possible game idea! A corrupted .fxe :lol: The GP32 restarter game!

: makes an entry which formats your SMC and corrupts your firmware with a bad flash :

I win!

No seriously, some of these entries are actually interesting ;)

M$ already did better. Scandisk on Win XP will currupt an SMC and make it so that the only way to format it is to put Slubman Commander on another SMC and do it that way. Very annoying when you only have 1 smc! I was forced to get another.

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to rescue my SMC after a windows format some other way, can't remember how now.. but it involved a card reader

I don't get it. It would be so easy to create a crap game. Just put a white pixel in the center of the screen and call it the dead pixel game. I win!
Modification: display some picture/animation/scene which is normal except for one dead pixel. You then must find this deal pixel with a timer of 30, and each pixel gives you an extra 5 seconds... until you run out of time. Each scene gets increasingly complex, sort of like 'Wanted!' from Mario DS.

Perhaps that's not crap enough for the compo, though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This compo is fantastic & really original :))) I really laugh dead to read the review of "Mua ha ha ha, it works!!!!" LOL
I'm really looking forward to get alot more of funny things like that ;p
Really excellent :lol:
Many thanks for doing this special compo :p

btw maybe with some little work some of these titles won't be so crap! hummm as Rico just said this 'wanted clone' game should be really great and funny ;)

And it will make us discover alot of new coders I wish :) Which is always a great thing :)

Back