Gp2x Crap Games Competition

I can feel the tension building.....WHO WILL WIN THE COVETED TOFFEE CRISP????

Also what's this about me judging something? Did you send it? Because I haven't received anything....

You only get tension when it isn't clear who is going to win. In this case, it is clearly me, so nobody need get too excited ;)

Well I have half an entry I have been working on.
But I spend that long working out how to draw triangles in a "good" way and then making classes to tidy up the code I seem to have forgot to actually make the "game" do anything!
Will see if I have chance in the morning (assuming I get up in the morning) to make it into a game.
Even if I do it will be crap by design and by lack of implementation!

Gary

Well entry is in and a whole 1h 3m early.
Now to just wait for my Toffee crisp - or maybe a bitter taste?

Gary

You all wasted your time, I won the community coding contest and I will win the crap game compo, it is fate! :)

I would have won the gph compo as well if I could have been arsed entering :)

nickspoon posted on Feb 10 2007 at 01:32 PM said:
You still have 10 hours 30 minutes (ish) to go til the deadline! Get those games in!

Your page says 11:59 no am/pm, Gary was probably up half the night finishing his entry

Q Gaz Q Posted Today, 10:58 AM

Last edited by a moderator:
Parkydr posted on Feb 10 2007 at 06:34 PM said:
You still have 10 hours 30 minutes (ish) to go til the deadline! Get those games in!

Your page says 11:59 no am/pm, Gary was probably up half the night finishing his entry

Indeed I was! :)

Oh well since I found I had more time I grabbed a couple of hours sleep and wrote a second game!

The titles are:
Triangle Wars
and
Washing up eXtreme

Gary

Parkydr posted on Feb 10 2007 at 05:34 PM said:

Ooh dear. Well, nobody told me until now. Anyway, I've got to go review some entries. Not long now till the deadline - get them entries in.

Well, that's the end of the contest folks! Hope you've enjoyed it. Please don't send any more entries. Daclassicgamingmaster and I will, in community contest style, discuss the winner for a month or so, then one of will disappear, then the other won't be able to release the results due to being busy with schoolwork, and finally everything will get done and nobody will be happy about it. Then I'll give an empty promise about how next year's will be better.

I'll also try to get the reviews for every game done.

(I say that entry is closed, what I mean is, if an e-mail happens to turn up overnight, well, let's just say I'm not too bothered)

Well I did start coding an entry for this as my first foray into GP2X coding.

I was going to be Tic-Toe-Doh! a noughts and crosses type game on a 2x2 board for riveting gameplay.

However my development spiralled into a completely different game entirely.

Added to the fact the "Real Life (tm)" also seriously hampered my progress I won't be entering.

Love the entries that have made the cut.

Interested on the final outcome....

Back