Pdr Coding Compo #3 Very Very Soon :-)

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
lo ppl

just a short note that the topic of the fourth pdroms coding competition has been decided, rules are almost complete at 80%. one judge has been choosen so far (evildragon). i just need to build up a page now :)

there will be two categories for low power and for high power systems (gp32 will be in second category)

the prizes for now:
#1 NDS + 1 Game (US Version)
#2 to be announced...
#3 NGPC + 5 Games

i hope this is motivation enough, as soon as the last prizes are fixed up and the page has been build, the action can start :) allowed are almost any systems nes,snes,gba,master system,gamegear, gp32, dreamcast, ... etc :)

the current draft of the two categories are:

- Category 1: gameboy classic/color, intellivision, neo geo pocket classic/color, odyssey 2, wonderswan classic/color, gamegear, nes, mastersystem, colecovision
- Category 2: gameboy advance, megadrive, gp32, pc engine, snes, dreamcast!

judging will most focus on technique and gameplay, to keep it as fair as possible.

more information sooner than you might think :)

Nice compo! And great prizes!
Why "programing" with Fenix is prohibited? To make this compompetition more fair? Or to avoid "waves" of "too simple games"?
But Last Resort (in Fenix) is a excellent shoter...
Don't worry, i wish some Fenix competition will be host in the future.

Byes

i know someone who is going to have a fenix only compo in a few weeks, possibly _after_ my compo and after gbax2005. don't worry, your time will come :)

let's say you can see if you spend one hour on something or more. eg one ship an enemy... shoot the enemy... new enemy appears but faster etc... as statet in the rules page "there should be some kind of action on the screen." the rules should mainly keep away "first coding examples like shoot the sprites".

Back