Gp2x Crap Games Competition

My contribution is now ready, but I dont know if I respect all rules
It's a remake of an very old Amstrad CPC snake game
amstrad_cpc_version_lvl01.png

And now in 2007 I can do that
gp2x_version_lvl01.png

Of course no sound, no music, no save, no story, no options ... no end :lol:

@nickspoon:
Are you agree with my crappy contribution ?
If yes, I'll give you the link to grabb it :)

My contribution is now ready, but I dont know if I respect all rules
It's a remake of an very old Amstrad CPC snake game
amstrad_cpc_version_lvl01.png

And now in 2007 I can do that
gp2x_version_lvl01.png

Of course no sound, no music, no save, no story, no options ... no end :lol:

@nickspoon:
Are you agree with my crappy contribution ?
If yes, I'll give you the link to grabb it :)

Give it up, fellow frenchman, yours looks too nice to win ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Run Hitler Run should be disqualified because it was better than my idea, there, its not crap anymore :p its *better* !!!!

Heh, I think I remember that CPC snake game (I had a CPC464, tapes were great, maybe make it take as long as a tape to load? or hehe, have a random variable that says *oh noes, the tape got chewed up! on loading ), was it not released as some BASIC tutorial? But with backgrounds like that it will lose!

[edit]

I find it funny a french dude making adolf run, its sooo funny, it should win, just for that.

So, is it over anytime soon or are we supposed to wait for an hypothetical crappier-than-RHR entry? ;)

I only know some basic C++ but I'm gonna try and enter. Is there a simple way to get sound files to play in C++ in a way that will also work on the GP2X when compiled for it? If so that will make my game even better. (and no it won't be brown noise or highpitched crap or anything like that)

Wait! Im going to enter Walk Hitler Walk.....

Oh shit, no way man, I pity the fool who'll try to outcrap Run Hitler, Run! by imitating it. Nick you need some rule against plagiarism. Or maybe you shouldn't have released reviews and games before the end of the contest.
Plagiarism is fine, it's just less likely to win if it's a copy.

Anyway, I have two to review (including JyCet's, which I just noticed), and DCGM has one. I expect mine will be done over the weekend.

Calm down dearies. The entries are coming.

Also, this topic doesn't appear to be stickied. Quite the perversion of justice. I wish to look upon my creation every time I dare tread upon the vast desolate plains of the GP2X News area, its beauty radiating throughout my view, contrasting deeply the otherwise dull and dusty desert that comprises the section as it stands.

Just a suggestion.

So, when is it gonna be over? It's not like anyone's working on anything anymore is it?

Back