Gp2x Crap Games Competition

OK, finally, an update!

I've set the deadline. It is *cue fanfare* 11:59 GMT (UTC) on 10th February 2007! So that means anybody who intends to enter should do so soon to be in with a chance of Toffee Crisp chocolatey goodness!

Also, EvilDragon's "What's on the menu, CrapMan?" is up with a review. Orkie's and Jycet's games will be reviewed tomorrow I expect. No promises though.

http://nickspoon.phpnet.us/gp2xcgc/

I concede, added it to the archives, gave it a web page. Don't know where it went wrong, started out promising as a puzzle game maybe, but the prototype was crap, first cut at the gui was crap, should have stopped there but then just got lost in it. too much spare time over the holidays, went stir crazy and kept polishing on it, redesigned the interface and it just went all to hell. Crash came by, made me re-write the help so he could play. The skins, I couldn't settle on what it should look like, even tried a slide from my 92 trip from the top of the WTC looking east, made them switch to help make up my mind never did and just left it like that. Another disgrace. Got to admit though, pick a number from 1 to 7 in a game where you have to think and do some math, if that doesn't sound like crap... ack, maybe next time. Gots to bring your F game to compete here. http://gp2x.fullsack.com/cocoon/gp2x/index.xml#star

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, EvilDragon's "What's on the menu, CrapMan?" is up with a review. Orkie's and Jycet's games will be reviewed tomorrow I expect. No promises though.

http://nickspoon.phpnet.us/gp2xcgc/

What about mine :(
Yours will be reviewed by DCGM, and I can't vouch for him doing anything :p
eh, so sorry for my laziness. I'll have it submitted by later today.

Hello potential participants and other users!

This is a polite reminder to inform you that you have just under one week (at this time, 6 days 23 hours and 46 minutes) to get your entries in. That means you need to do it quickly!

I've also reviewed Mudi's and Anppa/Sonistar's entries.

Link, once again

Woohoo! I've got an entry!

I'll be emailing it over in a jiffy. Its took me all day, and I should have been working.

I've made it with CACK, and it is Cack. ANd to honor the engine, and the cackiness, I've sneakily placed the work Cack in the title:

Cacman: The RPG

Its kinda like pacman, but more for RPG fans.

COLLECT! Collect dots as you...

EXPLORE! Explore the mysterious maze

ENEMIES! Battle it out with strange ethereal creatures

POWER-UPS! Collect tablets and foods to enhance your attributes

it sounds alright, until you start playing.

Umm, one other thing, my GP2x is in for repair, so its completely untested on the console. And I've done it at work, so have no ability to add the sound I wanted, so I left some of the existing sound. it may be great, but probably not. :)

screenie.jpg

Due to the huge, unprecidented response to Cacman RPG (!), I've created a second entry to the Crap Game Contest.

This is called Extreme Unemployment: Operation Cuppa

Its actually a simulation game. You play Ginger, a red headed unemployable layabout. You control him in his home environment, specifically, the kitchen.

As with most decent simulations, the fun only ends when you have had enough-- there is no end game. It is possible to get totally immersed in Gingers life!

This took me 2 days to create, off and on, again, using Cack, I'm really impressed with this tool now!

I hope to turn this into a more "real" game some time in the future, so hopefully you'll be seeing Ginger again!

In True Crap Game Contest style, once again, I have not tested this on a GP2X, and don't know if there is any sound or not.

Enjoy.

Nick, I've PM'd you. :)

gingscreen.jpg

The objective of my game is to bounce the ball on the guys head by the way, but the window in which the "up" key will bounce the ball is insanely small. Even after an hour of trying (I'm sad, I know) my high score was 10.

JyCet posted on Feb 8 2007 at 09:00 AM said:
Did you have loose my contribution nickspoon ?
Oops! Sorry JyCet, I missed your entry out. I'm sure DCGM will get right on it.

There's just over a day left now, so hurry if you want to be in with a chance of attaining incredible fame/a Toffee Crisp.

Back