Gngeo V0.7a B4

I take it that your: :gp2x is working still??

I didn't get sound in the previous release. The new release crashes once the romsets are loaded.

Thanks for you work on this Pepone. It's really odd how we're getting such different results!

ste_167 said:
I take it that your: :gp2x is working still??

I didn't get sound in the previous release. The new release crashes once the romsets are loaded.

Thanks for you work on this Pepone. It's really odd how we're getting such different results!
GP2x is indeed still working, yay for my very fast battery charger :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 2.1.1 as well. If I turn the sound off, then it no longer freezes after loading.

I've re-downloaded the original new release, added the romhack line to the config file and then replaced the original files with the two Beta 5 versions.

>> I've now turned the sound back on, it's not freezing now :S but the music still doesn't work (samples still do).

My settings:

[x] Show framerate
[x] Activate Sound >> [x] 22kHz
CPU SPEED: 200Mhz
68k Clock: 0%
z80 Clock: 0%
[x] Activate Raster
[x] Resolution 320x240

System: Arcade

[x] Craig's RAM timing
[_] VSync
[_] TV-out
Screen Offset x,y :0

[_] Dump Sprite

GUI speed: 1
[x] Auto re-load GUI

(null) 100Mhz

I have GPMenu2x, but have tried using the standard menu too. I use the Rage frontend (version included with release).

ste_167 said:
I'm 2.1.1 as well. If I turn the sound off, then it no longer freezes after loading.

I've re-downloaded the original new release, added the romhack line to the config file and then replaced the original files with the two Beta 5 versions.

>> I've now turned the sound back on, it's not freezing now :S but the music still doesn't work (samples still do).
everything seems good.. which game did you try?

I don't have freezes but only some sound are played, for example in samsho4 only voices are played, in sengoku 3 only some sound efects, in either case no music.

Fw: 3.0.0

pepone said:
DaveC said:
pepone said:
Indeed, mslug is still the most demanding game. For me it work nearly all the time @60fps @22050, but in some scene, the framerate drop heavily (when you meet the first chopper for example).
It's always ok @11025 (and a that's a lot better than before :) )
I actually noticed it right in the beginning when your character is parachuting in. The speed at which he falls fluctuates with sounds that are being played. This dissappears with 11025. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Do you use the ramhack option?
Edit: Or vsync? It have a impact on speed for now.

I looked at the config again, typo in file and romhack wasn't being loaded :rolleyes:

It works for me and is pretty smooth. All sounds are working in the games I tried, need to test more.

I had some weird behavior though. When I exited Metal Slug and tried Last resort there was a staticky buzzing sound in the background. I switched off the unit and tried Last resort right away the sound was then fine. Then I tried to exit the game to try another and it froze.

In game though it is brilliant! thanks for the great work.

no sound for me in beta5
firmware 2.1.1 / 200mhz / sound@22050 / standard menu

MSlug5 tested - sound in beta4 / nosound in beta5

Ok I have got the staticky sound in game and it comes and goes. It is really weird. I can't see what causes it, doesn't seem to be affected by what is going on in the game.

My trouble is that games that USED to work now no longer work. SVCPlus used to work beautifully, but now it fails when it tries to dump the graphics. Just says "Can't dump this romset :( " (yes, there really is a sad face in there.

Other than my rom problems, the roms that DO work run nicely. Thanks so much for this emulator!

DaveC said:
Ok I have got the staticky sound in game and it comes and goes. It is really weird. I can't see what causes it, doesn't seem to be affected by what is going on in the game.
That because my sound buffer updating code is a little crappy. I'm aware of it, I'll make my best to resolve that issue.

Robotube said:
My trouble is that games that USED to work now no longer work. SVCPlus used to work beautifully, but now it fails when it tries to dump the graphics. Just says "Can't dump this romset :( " (yes, there really is a sad face in there.
Other than my rom problems, the roms that DO work run nicely. Thanks so much for this emulator!

that happened in some of my games also Voltage Fighter - Gowcaizer works until a battle starts then it goes back to the menu and last blade 2 goes back to the menu before the game starts after loading the files :(

Robotube said:

I'm using FW 2.1.1. I have the some problem, some ROMs dump nicely - others do not. The thing is I removed some of my cache files to make some room, but kept the ROM. Now I want to play these games again and they no longer dump. So it's the same ROM. Has anything changed here?

I've tried Waku Waku 7, works a treat. Good speed @ 200Mhz and full sound from what I can tell.
Some stuttering when it loads the GFX but after that it's good.

beta 4 or 5 doesn't work for me;

It loads the game's individual rom files, then dumps back to the menu (rage or selector, does the same for both)

I have the line "ramhack true" in the config file .. FW 2.1.1

first off ... pepone, thank you for the update!

second ... i am experiencing much of the sound trouble as other people. in twinkle star sprites it works some of the time. with wakuwaku7 i haven't gotten sound to work at all.

also, with my system set to USA i frequently get bumped into some sort of system test mode.

also, if i ever try and EXIT gngeo, the gp2x locks up

i have a mk1 gp2x running firmware 2.1.1 ... i always launch gngeo from rage2x in gmenu.

2.1.1 here, same no sound problem with beta 5 as everyone else.

Tested SVCPLUS (mine works) and Art of fighting 3.

how just done a packadged vezrsion of gngeov0.7b4 with one config and all the people try without change on the config?

Yod4z said:
how just done a packadged vezrsion of gngeov0.7b4 with one config and all the people try without change on the config?
Ok, here is a full packaged version of beta5.
http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/gn...-beta5-full.zip

I've only include rage2x as frontend. All that people need to do is put the following bios file in the roms directory
CODE

uni-bios.rom
000-lo.lo
sfix.sfx

(and some roms too :), please try some simple one like viewpoint)

Please post the result here, with possibly the game tested.

Back