Gngeo V0.7a B4

Beta4 didn't work with sound for me (lockup at NEO-GEO screen), but beta5 runs well.
Game: Puzzle Bobble and Waku Waku 7 (although everything but the text was black in Waku Waku 7)
Status: Sounds works, but aftera a few minutes it gets worse and worse, until it the sound is all garbled. After another minute it seems to go back to normal and the procedure starts over.

All with 22050 Hz, ramhack, and no overclock.

Edit: I can't seem to run any game that has to dump graphics anymore though. I believe i used them all with the version prior to 7.0, and now it can't dump graphics anymore.

pepone said:
(and some roms too :), please try some simple one like viewpoint)

Please post the result here, with possibly the game tested.
Test with your package

step 1
1st launch
Andro dunos = gp2x crashed after neogeouniverse bios screen
Reboot gp2x
2nd launch
Blue's journey = work but only pcm sound
Normal Quit to return in rage2x
3rd launch
Eight man = gp2x crashed after neogeouniverse bios screen
Reboot gp2x
4 launch
Last resort = gp2x crashed after neogeouniverse bios screen
Reboot gp2x
5 launch
Viewpoint = gp2x crashed after neogeouniverse bios screen
Reboot gp2x

Step 2
Now start video playing in normal mode, quit mplayer
relaunch rage2x and relaunch Andro dunos = 940 int fail very very slow (like 0,5 or maybe 1 fps)
Reboot gp2x

Step 3
restart rage2x and launch
Andro dunos = all work sfx and music @ 60fps
Eight man = all work sfx and music @ 60fps
Last resort = all work sfx and music @ 60fps
Viewpoint = all work sfx and music @ 60fps

Welcome to the fifth dimension :D

Last edited by a moderator:
JyCet said:
pepone said:
(and some roms too :), please try some simple one like viewpoint)

Test with your package

step 1
1st launch
Andro dunos = gp2x crashed after neogeouniverse bios screen
Reboot gp2x
2nd launch
Blue's journey = work but only pcm sound
3rd launch
Eight man = gp2x crashed after neogeouniverse bios screen
Reboot gp2x
4 launch
Last resort = gp2x crashed after neogeouniverse bios screen
Reboot gp2x
5 launch
Viewpoint = gp2x crashed after neogeouniverse bios screen
Reboot gp2x

Step 2
Now start video playing in normal mode, quit mplayer
relaunch rage2x and relaunch Andro dunos = 940 int fail very very slow (like 0,5 or maybe 1 fps)
Reboot gp2x

Step 3
restart rage2x and launch
Andro dunos = all work sfx and music @ 60fps
Eight man = all work sfx and music @ 60fps
Last resort = all work sfx and music @ 60fps
Viewpoint = all work sfx and music @ 60fps

Welcome to the fifth dimension :D

Ok, I definitively have a weird bug :D Looks like some random memory corruption somewhere in my shared struct.

Micket said:
Status: Sounds works, but aftera a few minutes it gets worse and worse, until it the sound is all garbled. After another minute it seems to go back to normal and the procedure starts over.

All with 22050 Hz, ramhack, and no overclock.
I get this same exact thing too. The sound gets all distorted like you said but on all games I try but it takes awhile before it happens sometimes.

Pepone, an user in gp32spain is saying that if he launchs picodrive first the problems-bugs dissapear o_O
I suppose that will be neccesary to enable second core sound option and launch a couple of games.

stormyandcold said:
Rivtoner, that technique seems to work, sound is working now...

Thanks for heads up
Tha´s good.
Maybe if we use code940.bin of Picodrive in gneogeo renaming it to gngeo940.bin all the problems would be solved.

I have to try that :D

pepone said:
Yod4z said:
how just done a packadged vezrsion of gngeov0.7b4 with one config and all the people try without change on the config?
Ok, here is a full packaged version of beta5.
http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/gn...-beta5-full.zip

I've only include rage2x as frontend. All that people need to do is put the following bios file in the roms directory
CODE

uni-bios.rom
000-lo.lo
sfix.sfx

(and some roms too :) , please try some simple one like viewpoint)

Well, this package works for me! A quick test of Ghost Pilots played at what seems like full speed with sound at 200mhz ... YAY! :D Thank you!

TelcoLou said:
pepone said:
Yod4z said:
how just done a packadged vezrsion of gngeov0.7b4 with one config and all the people try without change on the config?
Ok, here is a full packaged version of beta5.
http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/gn...-beta5-full.zip

I've only include rage2x as frontend. All that people need to do is put the following bios file in the roms directory
CODE

uni-bios.rom
000-lo.lo
sfix.sfx

(and some roms too :) , please try some simple one like viewpoint)

Well, this package works for me! A quick test of Ghost Pilots played at what seems like full speed with sound at 200mhz ... YAY! :D Thank you!

Have you turn on ramhack?
In that package it comes this way #ramhack true you need to erase # i suppose.

Wow, I forgot about that :lol:

I just enabled it now ... lemme test something else ..

... yeah ... same sound issue with Aerofighters 2 ..
Much faster though .. seems full speed at 200mhz :)

TelcoLou said:
Wow, I forgot about that :lol:

I just enabled it now ... lemme test something else ..

... yeah ... same sound issue with Aerofighters 2 ..
Much faster though .. seems full speed at 200mhz :)
Then before with "no ramhack true" no sound problem? :eek:

jbrodack said:
i think that Aerofighters 2 always had sound issues in this emulator
Yeah, sorry .. I was just hoping this newest version would fix that :p

I got good sound with Ghost Fighters even before I activated the ramhack option though, if that's any help ...

Well, after testing Pepone pack i must say that if you don´t overclock too high there is no sound problems and hangs for me now :)

Thank you Pepone :)

My GP2X is stable at 275 mhz, but with this emu i need to underclock to 265.If i use 270 mhz o 275 mhz the sound problems appear quickly.

So people, you must underclok -10 of your stable speed.

The tests have been done with 22050 hz.

I remember you all to erase # of ramhack true in pepones pack.Edit with notepad 2 for example the gngeorc of conf folder.

The speed boost is incredible, i can play with 220 mhz all the first two stages of Metal 1 with 60 steady fps :) If you want to turn on VSYNC you will need to overclock to the maximum(268 mhz in my case with gneogeo.Normally i can overclock to 275 or more) but you will get about 45 -55 fps :) Even with VSYNC emulator is running very well :)

The Picodrive theory was not true.Maybe was luck that user had :D

Ok, I'm confused! I tried the new packaged version. No luck. Then I tried running Picodrive. Not the first time given my worries about my 2nd chip being a little faulty....

No luck, still.

Then.. after a hard restart, and a considerable pause.. the sound now works! I've reset since, and each game now works first time with sound!

60fps! Perfect! God, I'm happy! :) :)

Urrr, it's stopped working again now! No sound. It doesn't crash though.

I'm wondering about the accuracy of the posts on here, in that mine did work but it now doesn't. Are people updating their continual status like me?

Rivroner said:
Well, after testing Pepone pack i must say that if you don´t overclock too high there is no sound problems and hangs for me now :)

Thank you Pepone :)

My GP2X is stable at 275 mhz, but with this emu i need to underclock to 265.If i use 270 mhz o 275 mhz the sound problems appear quickly.

So you are not getting the garbled sound that happens eventually during game? I run at only 200 MHz and the sound gets staticky for awhile off and on, you don't get that at all?

DaveC said:
So you are not getting the garbled sound that happens eventually during game? I run at only 200 MHz and the sound gets staticky for awhile off and on, you don't get that at all?
In the 8 games i have tested the answer is no :)

Metal 1 & 2, Cyber-Lip, Neo Drift Out: New Technology, Neo Turf Masters: Big Tournament Golf, NeoGeo Cup '98: The Road to the Victory, Street Hoop and Soccer Brawl.

The sound in some games is like a bit dirty, but i think in the previous stable releases sounded that way too.May be no.

The important is that the hangs and no sound in games errors are gone.For me at least.

One more thing, Sengoku 3 now doesn´t start :(

Rivroner said:
The Picodrive theory was not true.Maybe was luck that user had :D
On the contrary, I am now getting sound for the first time after running PicoDrive first. Maybe you have to actually run a SegaCD game (which I did) and not just start the PicoDrive menu and quit?

DaveC said:
I allready said that's i'm aware of that, and I'm working on it ;)

Hi Pepone. It started working again today.

I'd not changed the settings at all. It froze for a while with a green screen, and then after so long (about a minute) the usual 'markings' on the green appeared, and then the Neo Geo screen started with sound!

However, after quitting it and returning to it, the sound no longer worked.

I've now tried it again (an hour later) and it went straight into the game (Ghost Pilots, btw) with no freeze, and with sound. Each time I did not alter the settings at all.

It must be frustrating trying to recreate problems that seem to be varying from machine to machine. Thanks for the effort you're putting into this. I must say it's very impressive seeing the constant 60ps in the left-hand corner, knowing it's only at 200Mhz!

Back