Scummvm 0.9.1 Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/GP2X

He probably meant that page. Curse of Monkey Island does run and is almost playable for the more diehard. It other words you can play through from start to finish, but if scummvm was commercial there's no way it could be called 'fully' supported for the Gp2x.

Sorry for my rudeness. I just wanna say: great work DJWillis!
BTW: Does this release use frameskipping? That would be a great idea to speed up some parts of COMI, would it?

I still get loading problems in The Search For Atlantis, but other than that, its great (i actually just completely beat Sam and Max on it) :D

All,

This is the last reply I will make to this thread as its very out of date (this is hardly a new release now ;)) and really should not be on the 1st topic page (would a mod care to close maybe?).

If there are specific ScummVM questions the official forum (or the help forum here at a push) would be a better place for them and it makes comments a lot easier for me to track :D.

cowai posted on Feb 28 2007 at 01:14 PM said:
Sorry for my rudeness. I just wanna say: great work DJWillis!
BTW: Does this release use frameskipping? That would be a great idea to speed up some parts of COMI, would it?

ScummVM is not an emulator but rather a re-implementation of the original game engines, as such "frameskipping" has no meaning in ScummVM's context. Everything the game engine needs to have happen to run the game happens, that is all there is to it really. No quick hacks or magic frameskips are going to speed up ScummVM just good old fashioned optimisation and reworking ;).

Monkey Island 3 is a big game and taxed decent PC’s of its day, do not expect the GP2X to ever get 1:1 speed on that or a lot of the newer larger games (especially the higher resolution ones) as it’s a real boon that it can even run what it does at the moment ;).

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back