Gmenu2x V0.3 Released

nickspoon posted on Aug 17 2006 at 04:40 PM said:
I've altered the bash.sh script to give you a telnet terminal and samba. Just replace bash.sh with:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

insmod net2272.o
insmod g_ether.o

inetd
in.telnetd
smbd
ifconfig usb0 10.0.0.2

cd /usr/gp2x
./gp2xmenu

Remember Unix line endings. Now, when you choose Bash, you'll get telnet and samba activated. You can change the IP to whatever you like.
I was just going to try in.ftpd and in.telnetd next, but your scripts confirms that I was in the right direction.
Also to bring up the network I use "/etc/init.d/inet start" that brings up the network interface as configured in the default menu.
Also I am going to read /usr/gp2x/common.ini and bring up the services as configured there.

PokeParadox posted on Aug 17 2006 at 04:45 PM said:
I have a suggestion... I'm not sure I've thought it through completely, but could you add a folder into gmenu2x ... called "shared" or something similar, and in here goes things like selector and tv-out fixer, and power saver.
Well, you can add it youself, than create the links. You can also use relative path if you place them in a subdirectory of gmenu2x, something like "exec=shared/selector.gpe" and use the params option to pass parameters to them.

In the future gmenu2x will have a built-in selector (it's better imho, 2 words: speed and integration).

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, I was wondering where the battery indicator was :p. Fantastic, this just keeps getting better and better. I will donate when I get my job (hopefully within the next few days if they arent just stringing me along)

The ability to create links from the menu is just phenomenal. Excellent job :).

I love this program. I don't think that I'll ever go back to the old menu. The flickering when you use the options menu is a bit annoying though.

I've got a MK2 with v2.0.0 firmware.

When I boot into the Gmenu2x and then exit to the normal menu to enable TV-Out it goes to the Gmenu2x instead of the normal menu, but the right half of the screen is missing (black).

I have a tv that supports both NTSC and PAL and it does this when I use either option.

If I boot into the normal menu (with the card out), set it to TV-Out, and then boot into Gmenu2x the menu looks fine on the screen.

Does anyone else have this problem? It might just be my fantastic foreign TV.

For using this thing, How is sections can I be making from inside the menu?

jlong posted on Aug 17 2006 at 04:34 PM said:
They can't be yet.

i have a little suggestion... what do you think of a built-in explorer that launches .gpe and .gpu, so that you can launch programs the old way without making a shortcut? :)
Nothing very important at the moment, but it can be useful

I'm beginning to love your program :p GPH should use it in their new firmware B)

michaeljustman posted on Aug 17 2006 at 10:06 AM said:
I love this program. I don't think that I'll ever go back to the old menu. The flickering when you use the options menu is a bit annoying though.

I've got a MK2 with v2.0.0 firmware.

When I boot into the Gmenu2x and then exit to the normal menu to enable TV-Out it goes to the Gmenu2x instead of the normal menu, but the right half of the screen is missing (black).

I have a tv that supports both NTSC and PAL and it does this when I use either option.

If I boot into the normal menu (with the card out), set it to TV-Out, and then boot into Gmenu2x the menu looks fine on the screen.

Does anyone else have this problem? It might just be my fantastic foreign TV.

I asked about this in the dev forum the other day one of these things could be the problem

1. he's not using SDL or a library that "supports" the TV-Out function
2. he's staticly linking SDL so he isnt using GPH's SDL installation on FW2.0
3. He's not using hwSDL
4. He has some unsuported option in his render function.

My programs were doing the same thing until I got rid of the -static option in the compile script.

hope it helps :)

reiboul posted on Aug 17 2006 at 05:08 PM said:
i have a little suggestion... what do you think of a built-in explorer that launches .gpe and .gpu, so that you can launch programs the old way without making a shortcut? :)

I'm beginning to love your program :p GPH should use it in their new firmware B)
If you can work out which program the original menu used to load them, you can make a link to it and use that.

Aninhumer posted on Aug 17 2006 at 12:26 PM said:

If you can work out which program the original menu used to load them, you can make a link to it and use that.
I've been looking for the name and location of the original explorer as well. A link from gmenu would be great.

iignotus posted on Aug 17 2006 at 11:35 AM said:

I've been looking for the name and location of the original explorer as well. A link from gmenu would be great.

Me Thinks the Original Explorer is intergrated

:(

Aimless_E posted on Aug 17 2006 at 12:48 PM said:
iignotus posted on Aug 17 2006 at 11:35 AM said:

Me Thinks the Original Explorer is intergrated

:(
:( Indeed.

The "add link"-thing don't work for me.. I press select, then choose the gpe-file and press B. Nothing comes up... Am I doing something wrong?

Ryo.. You are my God of my Menu on my 2x :p

Thank you for your hard works
paxl13

This is awesome.
*proceeds to customize excessively*
Someone needs to make some custom icon sets for this though, I like having my own folder for media and interpretors (emulators, doom, etc), which I've already set up, but I'm terrible at making icons :(

cowai posted on Aug 17 2006 at 06:24 PM said:
The "add link"-thing don't work for me.. I press select, then choose the gpe-file and press B. Nothing comes up... Am I doing something wrong?
Same here. Also, Gmenu2x appears to have possibly corrupted my card (either that, or it was my PC), but now I can't run anything, can't add any links and my Games folder is inaccessible from the PC.

nickspoon posted on Aug 17 2006 at 03:13 PM said:
cowai posted on Aug 17 2006 at 06:24 PM said:
Same here. Also, Gmenu2x appears to have possibly corrupted my card (either that, or it was my PC), but now I can't run anything, can't add any links and my Games folder is inaccessible from the PC.
Worked flawlessly for me :eek:

Great application, will use this from now on!

Alvin posted on Aug 17 2006 at 05:43 PM said:
jlong posted on Aug 17 2006 at 04:34 PM said:
They can't be yet.
The tell me please how to do it from the outside :D

Back