Gmenu2x V0.5 Released

ryosaeba

Certified Guru
Website
mtorromeo.github.com
GMenu2X v0.5 is available for download on the project homepage

Menu-0.5-context.png

I originally planned to add more features for version 0.5 but since I am gonna start work tomorrow and some people needed some of the features in this release, I decided to release sooner than planned.

Menu-0.5-options.png

Here's the usual list of changes:
----------
New in 0.5
----------
Added context-menu option to change link icon
Added options to configure top bar, bottom bar and selection color separately.
Readded support for imgs/selection.png (used only if present)
GMenu2X is now working at 50Mhz (configurable)
Added ability to set the maximum overclock to use with links (hardcoded maximum remains 300Mhz)
Moved under/overclock functions in gmenu2x (no need for cpu_speed binary)
"Save last selection" feature disableable

You rock man. I come back from vacation to see this. Amazing. Totally amazing. Goodbye GP2x default gui.

Great :)

Ryo posted on Sep 3 2006 at 06:50 PM said:
Added ability to set the maximum overclock to use with links (hardcoded maximum remains 300Mhz)

Would be nice if the maxium overclock in 0.6 will be 325Mhz ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hackgrid posted on Sep 3 2006 at 06:30 PM said:

If you can reach that as your max overclock.... I hate you. lol.
But yes I'm sure a max above 300 is useful for some people...

Cool, but one lil' feature request:
Whenever you want to add a link via gmenu, you can only choose from /mnt/sd +
Can you make it possible to go up once more so you can access /mnt/ext for example!? SHouldnt be too hard.. :)

PokeParadox posted on Sep 3 2006 at 08:05 PM said:
hackgrid posted on Sep 3 2006 at 06:30 PM said:

If you can reach that as your max overclock.... I hate you. lol.
But yes I'm sure a max above 300 is useful for some people...
I can barely reach 280,

Anyway, gmenu2x looks cool, gonna try it :).

EDIT: It's nice, but I have 2 little questions (and no its not on the site and not in the readme):

What is the "bash" icon supposed to do, the screen goes black for a few seconds and then im back in gmenu2x, does this enable telnet?? (no disable?)

And is there a filemanager built-in, if not, why isn't the original filemanager linked in the applications menu?

does this still write after every selection because i'm daveC on this one, especially since i am running it off off of my NAND

xinfernoofdantex posted on Sep 4 2006 at 12:14 AM said:
does this still write after every selection because i'm daveC on this one, especially since i am running it off off of my NAND

You can turn this feature off.

xinfernoofdantex posted on Sep 3 2006 at 04:14 PM said:
Ryo posted on Sep 3 2006 at 12:50 PM said:
"Save last selection" feature disableable
*cough* ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another great update Ryo!

*runs off to install!*

Has anybody tried running gmenu2x from NAND yet? I edited the autorun.gpu and wrapper.sh as described on the website, copied the gmenu2x folder over to the NAND but when I startup my '2X I only get a black screen after the green Loading Screen disappears.

This is a very cool program / frontend, I like how one can change the colors and background image :)

"SunSpire"

SunSpire posted on Sep 3 2006 at 09:37 PM said:
Has anybody tried running gmenu2x from NAND yet? I edited the autorun.gpu and wrapper.sh as described on the website, copied the gmenu2x folder over to the NAND but when I startup my '2X I only get a black screen after the green Loading Screen disappears.

This is a very cool program / frontend, I like how one can change the colors and background image :)

"SunSpire"
running from the nand myself, all I did was keep the autorun.gpe on my SD card(s). Changed the wrapper and autorun file as told, everything seems great.

Back