Gizmondo Cracked?

Well yeah, might be more powerful, but people tend to stick to the bigger companies that are well known, rather than take a chance on one that might not be very good or have enough support from other companies. Sony and Nintendo are guaranteed to have more than enough support because they're the 2 biggest game console companies right now.

Haha, lubidog, you're right where I am in my German Chrono Trigger game on the GP32, except I'm not in 65 mil. BC yet. I saved right after killing Masa and Mune. I got the Hero's Medal from Tata, but I didn't show it to Glenn yet. Anyway... try Seiken Densestsu 3 after you're done with Chrono Trigger... or Secret of Mana... try secret of mana first. I didn't like the little bit of it that I played, but everybody says its story is much better than SD3's(SD3 is a prequel to SoM, but they're not really that closely related, they just take place in the same world at different times. SD3 was made after SoM though). Other than that though, I can't really suggest a lot of SNES RPG's. I've tried pretty many, but most of them weren't too impressive. Supposedly the older Final Fantasies are good, but from what I've played of them, they're way too hard and tedious. I played FF5 for a while, and it was insane. After every boss fight, you have to screw around on the world map, leveling up at least 5 levels before continuing. If you don't, you'll never have enough money for the new weapons and magic you need, and the next boss will totally kick your ass... and the regular fights in the next "chapter" will be pretty hard too. Maybe I'm wrong, and I just suck at old RPG's or something, but that's what happened to me... Try asking some other people about SNES RPG's. When I had my SNES, a lot of games eluded me. And like I said before, most of the ones I tried weren't too impressive. A lot of people loved FF4 though, so give it a try. Make sure you try Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3, too. And have fun with the rest of Chrono Trigger! I'm glad you like it so much.

And KickinWing, I know... It was stupid of me to think that it would be capable of playing Genesis games, and the same goes for the Gameboy playing NES games. But I was young, and that's all I've ever wanted out of a handheld system... to play the home console games when I'm not at home and don't have access to a console. That's why I bought the GP32, and that's why I love it so much. It does exactly what I've always wanted a handheld system to do. I shouldn't have expected what I did, but it's all that I wanted, so the Gamegear wasn't really worth what it cost for me.
Personally I loved FF4, but it starts to get phenomenally hard once you beat the dark elf... unless you play the american version, which is easy as pie all the way through.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have to pay 400 bucks to get it without ads, you pay the "with-ads" price, and then disable gprs until the company goes down the toilet :)

Don't tell me you would actually like to use gprs for other things?

Remember though, whatever happens, it will always be called 'GIZMONDO'.

You don't have to pay 400 bucks to get it without ads, you pay the "with-ads" price, and then disable gprs until the company goes down the toilet :)

Don't tell me you would actually like to use gprs for other things?

No, I just didn't realize that you could just turn something off and get rid of the ads... so then how much is it if you buy the one with ads? like $250?

Yes, Gizmondo is a bad name indeed... That's why I'm calling it The Jizz(mondo)... much funnier...

i love the giz and i sometimes call it jiz as long as it gets some recognition lol

Magus 86 i dont understand this you say the gizmondo is weak when there are bigger companies are about, but isnt that the same with the GP32. it is a damn decent portable and so is the giz/jiz :p the screen is smaller but that seriously doesnt effect anything that goes on the screen as its sharp as a pin.
it just needs to be given that chance to either make it in the games market or into the homebrew wonderland, either way will make me very happy :)

btw decent giz games are coming soon, ignore everything by craphammer

yea the smart adds havent even started yet, 3 a day anytime you want to see them doesnt put me off at all either. heck you could get some free crap from it some day, i wouldnt mind getting free downloadable music if thats what theyre sending out.

i love the giz and i sometimes call it jiz as long as it gets some recognition lol

Magus 86 i dont understand this you say the gizmondo is weak when there are bigger companies are about, but isnt that the same with the GP32. it is a damn decent portable and so is the giz/jiz :p the screen is smaller but that seriously doesnt effect anything that goes on the screen as its sharp as a pin.
it just needs to be given that chance to either make it in the games market or into the homebrew wonderland, either way will make me very happy :)

btw decent giz games are coming soon, ignore everything by craphammer

yea the smart adds havent even started yet, 3 a day anytime you want to see them doesnt put me off at all either. heck you could get some free crap from it some day, i wouldnt mind getting free downloadable music if thats what theyre sending out.

No no, I didn't say it was weak, not at all. And I know it's the same as the GP32, but that was exactly my point. Even though it's a powerful machine capable of doing what the GP32 can do plus a few extra things, because it's not from a company like Sony or Nintendo, most gamers won't even bother to take a second look at it. I'm not saying it's a piece of crap or anything, I'm just saying it'll probably just be a complete failure or an underground system like the GP32. Then again, maybe some people will wise up and realize that the Jiz is actually worth buying(if its price is lowered... even though I don't plan on using the GPRS crap for anything, some people out there might, and 400 bucks is a lot of money to pay for a handheld gaming system, especially when there are others out there with similar capabilities for a lot less. And as far as the ads are concerned, even if they're giving away free music, what's the point? I can already get free music anyway. Most of the stuff I listen to is "weird" and probably won't be on most free music sites or programs anyhow). I don't know for sure, but I doubt it'll be very successful. I think it needs start and select buttons though, unless the 4 or 5 buttons along the very top of the system can be programmed in emulators. It'll still be weird to use them becuase of where they are, but it's still better than not having the buttons at all.

It's unlikely that the Goz will oust sony or nonty! (too many 'i's in all this!).

But if it gets cracked, then it could be a huge underground hit, bigger than the GP32 in Europe. It has all the right components, and the screen certainly doesn't bother me at all!

IT BOTHERS ME AND EVERYONE ELSE!!
I don't wanna play on a gba screen.

edit:
it has no start/select buttons?! this thing will fail.

I'd rather not play on a GBA screen too, but it doesn't have to be as big as a GP32 screen. As long as it's no smaller than an original gameboy screen, I don't really care. I'll notice it like crazy at first cuz I'll be used to my GP32 screen, but eventually I'll get used to it, and then there won't be a problem at all.

*EDIT*
No, it doesn't. It has 4 buttons where the XABY/Triangle, Circle, X, Square cluster is normally located instead of just 2, but they didn't give it start or select.

Gizmondo.jpg

See? It has a 4 button cluster on the right, but no start/select. There are 5 buttons along the top of the system too though... but nobody knows if they can be programmed into emulators or not yet. If they can, they'll solve the no start/select problem. it'll be a bit awkward to have the start and select up there, but like I said before, it's better than NOTHING at all.

Attachments

• Gizmondo.jpg
    Gizmondo.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 148

edit:

But it has SO MANY mapable keys!!!

I hate it when people pronounce doom on something they know so little about! I am sure if there are fantastic Emus for this thing, and they are flogging them off for less than £100 (they are only £129 now!!!), then you'll be getting one!

Of course the Ninja could be better, but will the Ninja happen...?

the GPRS can only be used if you have a subscription right??? My N-gage can do GPRS but thats because it's part of my phone plan. I can't imagine the GIZ will have free access to GPRS.

And before people bitch about the OS, I'm assuming the Giz can be reflashed, so we could have a minimalistic os on there instead of Wince, and it'll be just like project Ninja :)

Just like project ninja? God I hope not then ninja would only have a 2.8" screen, I won't buy it.

Remember, not all emulators completely fill the screen at 320 x 240. Just look at SMS, PC-Engine, Coleco, GB, etc on the GP32. The play area is actually a bit smaller on the GP32 screen, now imagine it about 3/4" smaller than that, yuck. Plus it doesn't look that comfortable to play in vertical mode which is useful for some MAME games.

edit:

But it has SO MANY mapable keys!!!

I hate it when people pronounce doom on something they know so little about! I am sure if there are fantastic Emus for this thing, and they are flogging them off for less than £100 (they are only £129 now!!!), then you'll be getting one!

Of course the Ninja could be better, but will the Ninja happen...?

yeah man, but again, the screen..

Is there an AV ouput on this badboy?

If so just hook up whatever size portable screen u want.

Ok, you lot who are complaining about the screen size: have you atually ever seen it?

On paper it sound really bad but when you see it it is well lit and pin sharp. Its so much sharper than the PSP's screen which looks a little on the blurry side to me. The screen is more than big enough and the advantage of it being smaller is that you can atually fit it in your pocket, unlike the PSP whick is too long and sticks out the top of my jeans pocket.

Now ive said that i can say that homebrew is aparently on the way curtay of a person on Gizmondo Forums. This hasnt been confirmed yet but he has said hes managed to get a GB (Not GBA) emulator to run on the Gizmondo by getting rid of the need for digital signitures on the EXE's.

The Gizmondo is an amzing unit and once you have had one for just a week you'll have it in your pocket where ever you go. Its so useful and versatile.

When I get to England, I'm gonna have a good look in the Giz shop in London. I might just buy one!

As I said, when Bast recommends something, who are we to diss it???

If it gets an SNES emulator then I'm in.
The buttons are perfect for it.

It may be my opinion but it seems the Ninja is a last-ditch attempt to preserve the heart of the gp32_console without giving in to anything else.

Change is good. Respect other homebrew scenes and reap the fruits. I will always love my FLU, but I would be ignorant to not look towards the future. We have pushed this system to its limits.

Lets see what else we can pull off.

I withhold judgement for now.

My gut tells me not to like it, and I'm the person who had fun on my Game.Com and R-Zone (Oh yes, I have both of them..). I really don't see much commercial games that would interest me, and I don't understand why everyone's saying that Colours game looks good... Sticky Balls looks kind of cool, but I'm not buying a system for a puzzler.

If a homebrew scene develops that is making substantial progress in emulation, I'll look into it. For now, pass.

And is that a small screen or what?! :D

Back