Gizmondo Cracked?

yeah, but i don't think the giz will ever make sense, especially with its price tag. might as well pick up a 1.5 psp now instead of an overpriced gizmondo later if you're only after homebrew.

Did you even read Bast's post????

Let's wait and see. If it gets cracked and the emus go to it, then you'll all have one...

Last edited by a moderator:
Who said that? :p

Nah, although I dont always agree with your posts, I enjoy reading them.

yeah, me too.
sorry mate! just skimmed that one.
keep em coming, bast.

To be fair, the screen is small, but that doesn't make it a bad system. It was a useless machine until it was cracked however (assuming this was true).

Everybody loves the Gamegear in some quasi-retro "aww look at that the battery life was rubbish, isn't that cute" sort of way, and that had a miniscule screen.
Whats peoples problem with screensize, just because the Gp32 had a 3.5" screen doesnt make the Gamegear, Lynx, Pc Engine GT, Gameboy / Color / GBA / DS / Gizmondo etc bad systems,
Why did you quote my post and write this? I said it doesn't make it a bad system.

To be fair, the screen is small, but that doesn't make it a bad system. It was a useless machine until it was cracked however (assuming this was true).

Everybody loves the Gamegear in some quasi-retro "aww look at that the battery life was rubbish, isn't that cute" sort of way, and that had a miniscule screen.
Whats peoples problem with screensize, just because the Gp32 had a 3.5" screen doesnt make the Gamegear, Lynx, Pc Engine GT, Gameboy / Color / GBA / DS / Gizmondo etc bad systems,
Why did you quote my post and write this? I said it doesn't make it a bad system.
I quoted you because of your comment about the gamegear having a 'miniscule screen' when it fact its a 3.2" certainly hardly 'miniscule'
I can play emulators on an N-Gage lol anything bigger is a bonus! tbh yes my psp is great for emulation but the screen ratio is just crap for emulators and if you put it back its original resolution which any true gamesplayer will do then the actual pixel-resolution of the screen is smaller than the Gizmondo anyway due to the dpi of the psp screen.

Besides which, a tiny little square in the middle of that vast screen would look ridiculous. The Gizmondo screen may be smaller than a GBA's, but only by 0.1 inches. AND the res is the same (better? I can't remember GBA res) In short: Go Giz.

GBA resolution is 240 x 160 compared to the Giz's 320 x 240. The Nintendo DS screen is 256 x 192 (both of them).

Isn't the GP's also 320 x 240? that's like the perfect resolution for emu's isn't it?

it suure is. 640x480 would be the perfect rez for videos, but 320x240 hits the spot hard.

shame gizmondo cant release a little bit of code for us, that Camtech stuff would make porting quake alot more barable to play :p

cant wait to see what the giz can do :D

anyway rumors have it a GB emu is already working on the giz so it seams things have already started :)

And before people bitch about the OS, I'm assuming the Giz can be reflashed, so we could have a minimalistic os on there instead of Wince, and it'll be just like project Ninja :)

I'd vote for keeping Wince at the moment though, at least until we find where the bottlenecks are - it probably comes with loads of useful drivers, and would save us all a lot of time.

Does the Giz have Wifi, or just GPRS & BT for wireless?

Hmm... Someone cracked the Jiz? Well good, that system might actually end up being useful afterall... But it's still gonna cost 400 bucks without ads, and that's just lame. We'll see... I doubt it'll do anywhere near as well as the PSP or DS... hopefully they'll be forced to make it open source and lower the price. Then if Gamepark screws around, the Jiz'll be like a more powerful GP32, except with a smaller screen(NOTE: Not complaining about it, just mentioning it). But still, Why'd they have to give it a 4 button cluster but no start/select buttons? BAH!!

Oh, and just for the record, I don't like the gamegear at all. Just like the gameboy, the fact that they made games with the same name that weren't perfect ports of their home console counterparts pissed me the hell off. I saw Sonic 2 and thought "hmm, sonic 2 when I don't have access to a Genesis, yay!" but when I started playing it, I was VERY dissapointed. And besides, that thing went thru batteries like I go thru food at a buffet... and it's like half the size of my friggin' keyboard. Unless you're one of those "gangsters" who wears pants that are 8 sizes too big with 3 foot pockets, you'll never fit that mofo in your pocket. Not very portable at all.

Well, on paper it IS more powerful than the PSP and the DS, so no problems there.

Bast has played one, he liked it. And he is our GURU, so we should respect his judgement.

Off topic- Maggy, I am SO loving Chrono Trigger! The best game on my PSP. The story, the music, etc. I am gripped, and if not careful would spend all day playing it! I am in the year 6500000bc, trying to get into the village.

There are so manhy great touches that make it such a joy to play. It's a masterpiece. The thought of all those other snes rpgs waiting for me to play! SO just a quick Frage, which one should I play next?

I need that dreamstone, gonna forge Mansamune (or whatever it's called!!!)

you must not know much about game systems then if you were expecting Sonic 2 on the game gear to be the same as sonic 2 on the genesis. Genesis was 16-bit. GameGear was basically a portable Master System.

Though i agree Sonic 2 sucked on the GameGear, you can't compare the games to Genesis games if anything, compare them to Sega Master System or NES games, and if you do, you'll see they were pretty on par for that time. I've played alot of good games on the GameGear.

EDIT: Lubi got a post in before mine, this is quoting Magus

Well yeah, might be more powerful, but people tend to stick to the bigger companies that are well known, rather than take a chance on one that might not be very good or have enough support from other companies. Sony and Nintendo are guaranteed to have more than enough support because they're the 2 biggest game console companies right now.

Haha, lubidog, you're right where I am in my German Chrono Trigger game on the GP32, except I'm not in 65 mil. BC yet. I saved right after killing Masa and Mune. I got the Hero's Medal from Tata, but I didn't show it to Glenn yet. Anyway... try Seiken Densestsu 3 after you're done with Chrono Trigger... or Secret of Mana... try secret of mana first. I didn't like the little bit of it that I played, but everybody says its story is much better than SD3's(SD3 is a prequel to SoM, but they're not really that closely related, they just take place in the same world at different times. SD3 was made after SoM though). Other than that though, I can't really suggest a lot of SNES RPG's. I've tried pretty many, but most of them weren't too impressive. Supposedly the older Final Fantasies are good, but from what I've played of them, they're way too hard and tedious. I played FF5 for a while, and it was insane. After every boss fight, you have to screw around on the world map, leveling up at least 5 levels before continuing. If you don't, you'll never have enough money for the new weapons and magic you need, and the next boss will totally kick your ass... and the regular fights in the next "chapter" will be pretty hard too. Maybe I'm wrong, and I just suck at old RPG's or something, but that's what happened to me... Try asking some other people about SNES RPG's. When I had my SNES, a lot of games eluded me. And like I said before, most of the ones I tried weren't too impressive. A lot of people loved FF4 though, so give it a try. Make sure you try Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3, too. And have fun with the rest of Chrono Trigger! I'm glad you like it so much.

And KickinWing, I know... It was stupid of me to think that it would be capable of playing Genesis games, and the same goes for the Gameboy playing NES games. But I was young, and that's all I've ever wanted out of a handheld system... to play the home console games when I'm not at home and don't have access to a console. That's why I bought the GP32, and that's why I love it so much. It does exactly what I've always wanted a handheld system to do. I shouldn't have expected what I did, but it's all that I wanted, so the Gamegear wasn't really worth what it cost for me.

Back