Gizmondo Cracked

supaimposter

Still Fresh
Gizmondo cracked heres the link for screen shot http://www.gizmondoforums.com/forums/index...t=0&#entry38910

I think he has JTAG'd it but if he can find a way to update fimware then the Giz could be the bollocks for running homebrew.
Ok the screen may be a bit small but the machine does fit in ur pocket properly and it also runs at 400mhz and has a 128bit Nvidia graphics card in it.
Im no computer boffin or anything but that should mean the giz could emulate a lot of machines very well :)

Indeed, sir diggy... and one that doesn't force you to look at stupid ads... LONG LIVE GAMEPARK HOLDINGS!!!!!!!! gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console

It is pretty powerful, you know... If it gets a good community built around it with some nice emus that can't be done on the GP2x, I might think about picking one of these up.

If that doesn't happen, though, forget it.

i was leaning to the gizmondo at the beginning... but with no homebrew in sight i backed away. however now im starting to look at it again, it is a pretty powerful sytem plus it has wifi n such already integrated.

only time will tell if a decent homebrew community grows around this.... im gonna sit back and wait what happens before i make an order for the gp2x/gizmondo

*has been a long time Gizmondo fan and supporter*

I see good things in the future of that little system

I'm sure it will be brilliant for homebrew, but even the obscure handheld market is getting very competitive, with the gp2x coming along soon, I don't see the Giz standing much of a chance.

It is nice to see homebrew on it though, hopefully a good scene will follow (if it hasn't already, didn't pay much attentio).

At the moment, the only person who can dev for it is Firefly, as he's the only one to have hacked it. There are plenty of people that say they've hacked it too, but they've never ported anything, and they keep asking firefly to release his hack, so make of that what you will :)

sqiudge could you just tell us of the method ( I know you want us to wait for FF's sdk, but I just can't)

Please Sqiudge, I want to start deving for the giz as well asap.

I can't tell you the method, but I can give you a hint. Look at the recent service pack released by Gizmondo. They made a mistake that lets you run unsigned code.

That's all I'm saying...

Yeh, agreed that helps a little,

but the possibilities are still very high..... litlle more please (be a little more generous)

BTW FireFly has a new jub and his SDK isn't going to be released for months.

The problem is that they will be phasing out the current Giz in favor of the newer widescreen and analog control version. This means that the end is already near for the current model at the hands of TT themselves.

If they held on to the current model but made the screen 1" bigger then they would have something.

This is totally wrong, the new Giz WS isn't like from Old to New. It's more like TT giving customers a range of products (just like nintendo, GB, GBA, DS etc). They won stop backing the current Gizmondo (Giz Classic). This was also stated in the press release.

Back On Topic...Request to squidge for more information - Status: Pending.

lol

Ok so does no-one no of any other methods?

squidge has helped a little, but the possibilities are still endless. Theres loads you could do with the service pack.

Anyone care to expand on it?

(Squidge btw could you take over the sdk, as FF has got a new job now, and is no longer interested in it? He will also take forever to complete now. Or at least give a big hint?)

I think it's a big enough hint on it's own - if you look and examine the service pack you will see a huge security flaw. Obviously you will need a lot of embedded knowledge as well as knowledge of the internals of WinCE, but then again, you are trying to get the giz to do something it wasn't designed for, so you can expect that.

Other than that, I can't describe it any further. FF will eventually release his SDK. I don't want to take over the SDK even if FF allows it, as I have no interest in Gizmondo homebrew, only about hacking the protection :)

What exactly do I have to examine? The install.bin file, only shows Track 1, when opened with ISO Buster. You can't do anything to it.

If it is to do with the Autorun file, what program could I use to examine that with?

EDIT: you have also said the answer is on the interent, couldn't you just give a link? Or a hint on what to search for?

Back