Gizmondo Cracked?

DSCN3037.jpg

Seem`s appropriate. :D

Trooper

Which game shop? I've not seen it in any shop the Giz website states they are available in, yet.

I asked CarPhoneWarehouse about the Giz and they thought I meant "Nintendo", so had clearly not heard of it.

Squidge posted on Jul 2 2005 at 07:36 AM said:
Which game shop? I've not seen it in any shop the Giz website states they are available in, yet.

I asked CarPhoneWarehouse about the Giz and they thought I meant "Nintendo", so had clearly not heard of it.

It was an independent game shop in Bracknell called Virtual Games, and they are selling about 4 or 5 different games, an accessory bundle thing and the actual console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge posted on Jul 2 2005 at 02:19 PM said:
I'll tell you when it arrives :)
lemme know the moment the beast runs homebrew ;)

trooper posted on Jul 1 2005 at 06:16 PM said:
DSCN3037.jpg

Seem`s appropriate. :D

Trooper

Most posted pic on gp32x.de

LOL somehow I thought I'd be the first GP32x member to order a Giz.... darn you Squidge :D

So can we expect to see a good PCE Emu for the thing now :D do it!

please :D

Hay, I've got to hack it first, as the first person who claimed to have hacked it, disappeared into the land of nowhere...

Gizmondo Hands-On Preview from Gamespot.

little summary:
They have some good things to say about the console. They seem to like the interface (which is skinnable) and they are impressed with the specs. The liked the GPS thing (though I find that a little scary), and media plays very well on it. They didn't complain about he screen size either. ;)

However, they said that the button configuration is a bit sketchy at times (like in the FW), and the mono speaker is very easy to cover accidently with your hand. The curve of the back of the console is uncomfortable. Also, they said that the firmware is glitchy (crashed several times), and it takes a full minute to power up the system.

Also they said they expect DS-quality graphics, which I find odd since it's more powerful than a PSP (on paper at least).

i don't get it, either. it is a very powerful system yet the games screenshots look really crappy.

Apparently it only takes a minute if everything is enabled. Takes far less if you go disabling things like the gps.

I'll see tomorrow when mine arrives, and report back :)

well the problem with the graphics in the games is that many of the early games use that crappy Fathammer engine, which graphically was very comparable to PS1, probably why it is getting comparisons to the DS.

There were screenshots floating around that showed much better graphics but everyone wrote them off as fakes.

However, when I was at E3 I played several of the games there for myself, and a couple of them, particular the Rally Racing game, and Colours, were far above the DS's capabilities graphicaly, though they didn't look quite on par with the PSP. I'd say it is squarely in the middle of the DS and PSP in terms of graphics ability.

Back