Gizmondo Cracked

There's two files in the service pack, an installer and the install data file. Examine the data file.

If your trying to open the data file in ISO Buster, I'd say your not going to find the weakness however, or manage to exploit it. Try using ultraedit instead. If you know enough about embedded systems, you'll spot the obvious flaw, and will be able to take advantage of it.

Good luck :)

Thanks, that's the kind of answer I was looking for,

I have a little look around and see what I can do with them then.

If I get stuck will you still be able to help me?

EDIT: BTW Where could I get this UltraEdit, I've tried googling it, but I don't think it is the right program?

www.ultraedit.com is the program you need.

Like I said before though, unless you have a large knowledge of embedded systems (specially arm9, which the Gizmondo is based on), it will be very difficult for you.

I assume you already know, and can write your own arm9 code? Eg. you could take this:

0dc0a0e100d82de904b04ce200a81be9

and turn it into this:

mov ip, sp
stmdb sp!, {fp, ip, lr, pc}
sub fp, ip, #4
ldmdb fp, {fp, sp, pc}

and know what the above code actually does?

If you don't, then give up now.

ermmmm........Well

That is very interesting, unfortunately I don't know how to code ARM9. However I can do C and VB.NET.

However, I'm not going to give up. If ARM9 code is necessary I will learn it. Could you just give me some programs which I can code for ARM9 in and some tutorials/help on it. Or maybe just the syntax/basics?

Squidge do you have MSN?

EDIT: KDevelop and VIDE, GNU, - am I on the right tracks?

if you want to learn arm9, I suggest you buy a gp32 or gp2x, as these both allow you to run unsigned code on them, and so would be perfect. There are also lots of tutorials for coding on the gp32. There are lots of documentation for ARM, and Spiv has most of the useful ones :

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/jikorhon/conde...2/download.html

Get "ARM Acrhitecture Reference Manual" & "ARM920T (rev1) Technical Reference Manual" to start with.

Once, I learn ARM9 Code, how will I be able to use in regards to my Gizmondo, and programs will I need (if any)?

Once you learn it, your task would be to locate and alter the relevent code in the install.bin so it does what you want, rather than what Gizmondo want :)

There may of course be guards against doing this, so you'll have to find those and figure a way past them too. A good tutorial for things like that would be www.mod-x.co.uk

FF has already released his stuff to his testers. It's not public yet though. If the stuff is leaked, it just won't work - FF is clever enough to have a small amount of testers and lock his code to each testers Gizmondo :)

I've no interest in homebrew on the Giz though, as mentioned previously. I'm going to stick with the GP2X :)

Back