Gbax 2007 Splash Screens

I guess I was going for a kind of retro look...

Meh

PSP:

pspwn9.png

GP2X/32:

gp32xxc1.png

DS:

dssc5.png

sorry for the late reply, got dragged out down the pub yesterday afternoon, had no choice ;)

all the splashscreens and banners are looking great, especially in a short space of time so a big thanks to you all. what I will do is create a downloadable pack of screen shots and make sure you are all credited in the download and on the compo info page.

if anyone is still making a splash screen you have until maybe sunday night or monday morning to submit them in time for the start of the compo.

at this rate I'm going to have to have a 10 minute introduction showing all the lovely spash screens, one after the other :)

is it okay if we use our own splash screen- I have one I plan to use for all my games, but I could kind of insert part of another splash screen into it... it would look quite cool.

Javaguy said:
at this rate I'm going to have to have a 10 minute introduction showing all the lovely spash screens, one after the other :)
Heh, I actually made a 12 second video of one of my little things animated and put to some strange techno music, looked pretty cool, but I don't think people want to waste 12 seconds of their life everytime they want to play a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaGrooved1 said:
Heh, I actually made a 12 second video of one of my little things animated and put to some strange techno music, looked pretty cool, but I don't think people want to waste 12 seconds of their life everytime they want to play a game.

pretty cool, It would be good if it played that only the first time the program is used... or you could have an option to disable them, either way.

If you want to create and use your own splash screen that's fine, these ones are for people who may not be able to create them.

I usually use the time during the splash screen(s) to load any gfx, sound etc. Saves you having to create a please wait loading screen :)

Guyfawkes said:
If you want to create and use your own splash screen that's fine, these ones are for people who may not be able to create them.

I usually use the time during the splash screen(s) to load any gfx, sound etc. Saves you having to create a please wait loading screen :)
heh, thing is that in my allegro travels I have yet to make a game that has a loading screen :p

hopefully I will be able to enter this contest, I have a really funny idea to try :)

these splash screens are such a nice idea too.

I like those brick wall ones best, yet. At least nobody is forced to use the splash screens... So, GBAX 2007 shapes up for real, w00t!

Bump for make benifit glorious nation Kazakhstan.

Any news?

Sorry for late reply, been very busy recently. The compo is still going ahead but due to my PSP breaking last week we have decided that PSP will be dropped from the compo. I wont be able to judge it (not looking to buy another) and Craig was going to buy one as he didn't have one. So its easier just to drop it than buying two PSP which we both don't really need or use apart from the compo. <- This means some splash screens may have to be changed, I will post about this very soon.

All we need to do now is finalise the prizes and set the start and end dates and we are good to go. It should be done in the next few days, around end of the week. At least you got a few week headstart since we first announced it ;)

[UPDATE] We should be able to get some PSPs so hopefully theres no need to change your splashscreens.

Whoop for not having to adapt my spashes!

Although, I did like the PSP one best... :(

Compo should be starting this Sunday, if you have the time and its possible could you please update your splash screens to remove PSP images or text from it. Sorry for messing everyone around but sods law that my PSP had to break now.

[UPDATE] We should be able to get some PSPs so hopefully theres no need to change your splashscreens.

Oh shite, my splashes say PSP on them, and I haven't got the psd files to edit the text!

Ummm...

Looks like I'm out then :(

Back