Gbax 2007 Splash Screens

Oke, my screens are done, i followed the suggestion by Guyfawkes and increased the font a bit.

GP2X/GP32
gbax_gp2x.png

PSP
gbax_psp.png

DS
gbax_DS.png

Banner
gbax_banner.png

I don't own a DS, so couldn't check readability on that one. The screens and fonts look
very sharp on the gp2x and the psp.

Well: hope you like the design!

@Guyfawkes
Just send the files and originals by mail.

comp07pre.jpg

OK, there's a preview of mine since it will take me a little while longer to do all the necessary sizes and formats (really only 5-10 minutes since it's all vector, but i'm on the clock right now).

it's a bit laid back, i guess...suitable for a puzzle game maybe :)

screw it, i like the one i did last year better:

gp2xcontest2.jpg

I wanna do a load more, but I dont have enough imagination to do something as classy as rokdcasbah or gp2x.info. Shame, really...

mm, I like the grey one! Very nice!

I may spend some more time tomorrow trailing through the "getting started" wiki, I dont want to miss out on this contest!

thanks for the updates everyone. i got your email gp2x.info thanks for sending them as well. rokdcasbah, very nice design! do you have the other sizes for them?

a very nice selection of splash screens again this year!

EEK! Guyfawkes, is saturday still ok?

thanks for the compliments guys. i'll have all the sizes up during the day tomorrow. personally, i like nova's brick ones the best so far. it's pretty hard for me to like my own stuff, especially while i'm still working on it...but the one i did last year i really like for whatever reason.

oddly enough, doing a splash screen for last years compo was the reason i signed up at these boards and later bought a gp2x. it was going to be that or a psp, and needless to say i'm very happy with my 2x.

i just realized that the logos for the systems are in the same order as the photos...that wasn't intentional at all and i'm not even sure if it should stay that way since it makes them feel like corny-ass captions.

also i should admit that gp2x.info's design pretty heavily inspired mine. i was wondering how to put four different photos on there and make it look clean, and gp2x.info's d-pad minimalism was so gorgeous that i couldn't NOT do something similar. hope that isn't too terrible of me. what you said about imagination, nova, needs to be paid forward :D

the best part was, as soon as i had it pictured in my head, dagrooved came along with something close...great minds and all that. but now i look like a big fat phony :ph34r:

the best part was, as soon as i had it pictured in my head, dagrooved came along with something close...great minds and all that. but now i look like a big fat phony

Look at you! I come up with a nice "angled slice" design, another fellow comes up with a nifty "controller focus" design, and what do you do? Take the best of both worlds and smoosh em together! Forshame...;)

Just me screwing around with my original design, I call this one "seizure inducing color contrast".

edit: Alright, it's new name will be "grey-ness-ness-ness"

PSP:

pspsc1.png

GP2X/32:

gp2x32fl6.png

DS:

dskj8.png

DaGrooved1 said:
Just me screwing around with my original design, I call this one "seizure inducing color contrast".

PSP:

pspkj4.png

GP2X/32:

gp2x32pi3.png

DS:

dser8.png

Bad choice of radial coloring there. Plus the colors on the borders of the screens don't make much sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad choice of radial coloring there. Plus the colors on the borders of the screens don't make much sense.

Yes, I was aware of that, thus my title :p

Also, why do people insist on quoting the entire post complete with images to make minor comments?

There we go! Good old greyscale.

Ok, hold your breath, I'm going down the line. Guyfawkes, I have these zipped up and ready to send to you

GP2x

Splash2x-1.png

Splash2x2-1.png

GP32

Splash32.png

Splash322.png

PSP

SplashPSP-2.png

SplashPSP2-1.png

I'm assuming there is a limit of pictures that can be in one post so DS ones coming up...

DS

SplashDS-1.png

SplashDS2.png

Great work, everyone.

You know, I kind of like DaGrooved's radial colour one, due to the fact that it looks like an advert from an 80's gaming magazine! One of those minor ones towards the backpage, by some small bedroom software company!
Kind of sums up the spirit!

ste_167 said:
Great work, everyone.

You know, I kind of like DaGrooved's radial colour one, due to the fact that it looks like an advert from an 80's gaming magazine! One of those minor ones towards the backpage, by some small bedroom software company!
Kind of sums up the spirit!
Yeah! That's what I was..going...for...why the rest of you gotta be playa hatas? Pfffft!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back