No Gbax 2007 ?!

thought I would post my support :)

just try and keep it so the competition is accesible to all skill levels...

Anyhow, I had a stab at some splash screens, feedback would be muchly appreciated.

Splash2x.png

SplashPSP.png

SplashDS.png

I didn't draw the consoles, that was done by antiriad.

nice! but some extra .. grainyness to the text would be good, to make it look as if it had been written on an uneven surface, with the paint not reaching parts of the wall, er, if you see what I mean

Splash2x2.png

Any better?

I dislike the ds one, but there's not that much space to play with...

Here's the info on the splash screens.

The name of the compo is 'GBAX 2007' and sub text is 'GP2X, GP32, PSP and DS Coding Competition', the sites urls are 'www.gp2x.co.uk and www.emuholic.com'.

There are three sizes of splash screens, PSP 480x272, GP2X/GP32 320x240 and DS 256x192 or 256x384. I would recommend using a decent format such as BMP or PNG, JPEG isnt too good. If you want to do a 468x60 banner that would be cool as well.

Here is an example of some splash screens I knocked up earlier, ignore the jaggly edges on the consoles as I haven't finished them, but you get the idea... I hope :)

gbax-480-1.png

gbax-320-1.png

gbax-256-1.png

You can email them to me at guyfawkes@NOSPAMgbaemu.com (remove the NOSPAM) or post them here.

The compo should be starting later in the week so you should submit your splash screens by friday or saturday if possible. To clear a few things up, DS, PSP, GP2X and GP32 games, apps and emulators will be allowed, the deadline will be around two months from the start date. Prizes are not decided yet, craig is putting his thinking cap on for this :)

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the splash screen.

Guyfawkes said:
the deadline will be around two months from the start date
You're very generous, thanks a lot :)

This is fantastic news, it really is!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guyfawkes said:
DS 256x192
The DS has two screens, so it *could* be 256x384, provided it's designed so that the split in the middle doesn't mess anything up.

Also, work has already started in the bat cave on my team's entry. For the DS, because it's just so nice to program for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back