Splash Screens Needed For Gbax 2005 Compo

Guyfawkes

Certified Idiot :)
Website
www.emuholic.com
Emuholic.com and GBAX.com will be starting the annual GBAX coding competition soon and we need some designs for splash screens which can be used in the submitted entries. The competition will be for the following handhelds GBA, DS, GP32, Zodiac and the PSP.

Splash Screen guidelines:

- image must be 320x240
- can be any design you want, preferably not themed i.e. a GP32 in background. this way the screen can be used on any device.
- must include the text 'GBAX 2005', 'GBAX.COM' and 'EMUHOLIC.COM'
- you can sign the image with your nick etc if you want to

The image may be scaled to the following sizes so you might want to take that into account in the design so check it out beforehand or alternatively you can submit rescaled images of them all.

240x160 (GBA)
480x320 (Zodiac)
256x192 (DS)
480x272 (PSP)

Heres an example by jegHegy
gbax2005_gp32.png

You can email me your designs to guyfawkes@NOSPAMgbaemu.com or upload them in the emuboards backgrounds forum post (membership required) at http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=21519

If you have any questions please ask here. Deadline is very tight and they should be submitted by the end of today if possible.

Yes of course it is, infact you can use anything you like on the psp, ds, gba, gp32 and z.

Page will be up soon.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Great! A new coding compo. Well, if I wouldn't suck at everything, I would like to make some images. Let's see how I get along with PSP

Edit: here is the result. Not THAT awesome, but for my first PSP job quite good (I guess):

I just wished I had similar pics from PSP NDS GBA and ZOD (just the point of view) If you have one, tell me.

craigix posted on Apr 14 2005 at 03:49 PM said:
Yes of course it is, infact you can use anything you like on the psp, ds, gba, gp32 and z.

Page will be up soon.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Great!

Last edited by a moderator:
well, PSP 9. Do you like em? it's my first imaging work ever (apart from resizing).

EDIT: IMO the NDS and PSP are the best ones.

c0ncept posted on Apr 14 2005 at 11:38 PM said:
@Horscht
did you sketch the image first or did you do it straight in psp?

They look like photos digitally manipulated in Photoshop. That is my guess.

I also find it interesting that the Compo is including the PSP. How will anyone code and even run HB stuff on a PSP without it being cracked first?

DaveC posted on Apr 15 2005 at 04:54 AM said:
c0ncept posted on Apr 14 2005 at 11:38 PM said:
@Horscht
did you sketch the image first or did you do it straight in psp?

They look like photos digitally manipulated in Photoshop. That is my guess.

shhhhhh! Don't tell anyone!

So I made a little proposal.
The different versions can be found here:
http://lavransl.free.fr/temp/splash/
Each has its little console icon. (Which can; by the way, be turned off if you wish. The original photoshop files are joined, and should of course preferably be used in stead of the JPGs if chosen)
That was a long sentence ;)
anyway. gp32 version:
gp32.jpg

Thanks for all the splash screens, great stuff! I have included them all in a zipfile which can be downloaded on the compo info page when its online.

Its what I think the consoles would look like if I mixed them together.

gbaxds9gc.jpg

gbaxgba6yn.jpg

gbaxgp321gq.jpg

gbaxpsp6xo.jpg

gbaxzod9pr.jpg

Its a GP32 with GBA L & R buttons and PSP buttons, a touch screen, a Zodiac sized screen and the Zodiacs curvy shape on top...

Yeah, its crap :lol:

Back