Games That You Can't Wait To Play On Your Pandora.

DasFool said:
craigix said:
It looks suspiciously like another game which the publishers of are currently claiming outrageous rights over...
I was thinking the same thing...

I'm not as in the scene as I used to be... I just remember having two people crammed around my Amiga 500 and two people using Atari 2600 sticks to play Ebonstar for hours and hours. The game was basically a roaming black hole deal with a satellite beaming out of it, four Asteriods-like ships controlled by players, some random powerups, and any number of drones. You fired little lasers that didn't actually hurt anything, they just pushed whatever it hit a short distance. The object of course was to push your opponents into the black hole, which in a 4 player cut-throat game got quite interesting: Player 1 shoots Player 2 towards the hole, and in swoop Player 3 and 4 to pick them both off. It was like Atari 2600 Combat, only in space, and way cooler. You could also get points for shooting a laser down the light path of the satellite, but it was a pretty tricky shot to time and line up just right...

What game/publisher are you guys referring to? I think Ebonstar came out in 1988, and has since been classified unofficially as abondon-ware due to the original company (Microillusions?) disappearing a long time ago.

/threadjack

Last edited by a moderator:
Cretin said:
DasFool said:
craigix said:
It looks suspiciously like another game which the publishers of are currently claiming outrageous rights over...
I was thinking the same thing...

I'm not as in the scene as I used to be... I just remember having two people crammed around my Amiga 500 and two people using Atari 2600 sticks to play Ebonstar for hours and hours. The game was basically a roaming black hole deal with a satellite beaming out of it, four Asteriods-like ships controlled by players, some random powerups, and any number of drones. You fired little lasers that didn't actually hurt anything, they just pushed whatever it hit a short distance. The object of course was to push your opponents into the black hole, which in a 4 player cut-throat game got quite interesting: Player 1 shoots Player 2 towards the hole, and in swoop Player 3 and 4 to pick them both off. It was like Atari 2600 Combat, only in space, and way cooler. You could also get points for shooting a laser down the light path of the satellite, but it was a pretty tricky shot to time and line up just right...

What game/publisher are you guys referring to? I think Ebonstar came out in 1988, and has since been classified unofficially as abondon-ware due to the original company (Microillusions?) disappearing a long time ago.

/threadjack

I'm pretty sure they're referring to Geometry Wars.

Eniko said:
scottm said:
Atari ST;
- Ultima V

I'm curious, why Atari ST and not DOS? Was the Atari version better?
It was the version I originally owned - I think when it originally came out the ST version would have been better than the PC version (this was back in 1987) I don't think vga and soundblaster were around then. Of course since then all the old PC versions of Ultima have been given a make over

I can't wait to play (but I have to wait because I couldn't preorder anything):

-Spyro (1-2-3)--- Because I used to play it when I was younger....

-Heretic (possibly also the second)...

-Zelda: Ocarina of Time...

zelda_ocarina_of_time.jpg

-Super Mario Saga

as much as I would love to add Sin and Punishment to the list can we wait until there's a more solid certainty of a working N64 emulator being produced before we drop half the catalog on this list?

Most of the stuff that worked (or barely worked) on GP2X is likely for the Pandora NES and everything up to Genesis/MD Sega CD is a lock for sure and even Amiga and some of the other computer game emulators but aside form some masive speculations and a lot of "man, it'd sure be cool to" threads, I dont think we've had a firm confirmation that it would be attempted have we?

What are the odds of Hexplore or Vangers ever being playable on Pandora? Probably 0%?

I just love voxels. They're so... voxely! :p

Douglas McIntosh said:
Tau Ceti for the ZX Spectrum. A game which I was convinced had incredible depth when I was younger.
Yes! Although I'm all for the CPC version. :)

This screenshot drove me nuts a while back, because a gba version doesn't seem to actually exist in reality:

gba-scr4.gif

Hellollo :D
Here is the games that i would play in the pandora : (both of them are opensource)
NeverBall :

It's a Monkey Ball Clone :
Tilt the floor to roll a ball through an obstacle course before time runs out. Neverball is part puzzle game, part action game, and entirely a test of skill.

easy-05-01-thumb.jpg

med.-02-02-thumb.jpg

hard-06-03-thumb.jpg

mym1-15-04-thumb.jpg

Teeworlds :

Teeworlds is a free online multiplayer game, available for all major operating systems. Battle with up to 16 players in a variety of game modes, including Team Deathmatch and Capture The Flag. You can even design your own maps!

screenshot0075.png

++

Loads of stuff I'm looking forward to, but really want to get:

Llamatron (Atari ST) running so I can carry it around in my pocket!

llamatron.gif

Back