Games That You Can't Wait To Play On Your Pandora.

As far as Grim Fandango goes, there is the Residual engine - but the game isn't fully supported yet, unfortunately.

EDIT: Haha, I was a bit too slow. Dutch_Cap wins. :lol:

I know that Aleph One doesn't need any fancy hardware to run in software mode (it runs on the Zaurus, 416 MHz PXA270 & 64MB RAM), but OGL mode is so much prettier, and probably won't work well unless ported to OGLES.

Even if Quake3 isn't Urban Terror, they use the same engine, no? I could have sworn I used the Quake3 engine to play it at one point. Anyway, even if they are different, the source has to be available (as per the GPL2), and a patch should be fairly trivial.

Point taken on them not being the same, though.

Capn_Fish said:
I know that Aleph One doesn't need any fancy hardware to run in software mode (it runs on the Zaurus, 416 MHz PXA270 & 64MB RAM), but OGL mode is so much prettier, and probably won't work well unless ported to OGLES.

Even if Quake3 isn't Urban Terror, they use the same engine, no? I could have sworn I used the Quake3 engine to play it at one point. Anyway, even if they are different, the source has to be available (as per the GPL2), and a patch should be fairly trivial.

Point taken on them not being the same, though.
It started as a normal mod for quake 3 (the game was needed to play the game), now it uses a modified ioquake3 engine, which is GNU GPL.. Unfortunately the mod itself isn't

Last edited by a moderator:
HAIL TO THE KING, BABY
duke1.jpg

Is it me, or does that chap on the left kind of look more like he's doing a victory-dance, as opposed to being shot at...? :p

Chrono Trigger (the original, not the sluggish PSX port with the retrofitted ending)
The ScummVM library (mostly LucasArts though)
Yoshi's Island
Metal Slug series, Last Blade series
Xenogears / Chrono Cross
Sheep Dog 'n' Wolf

Fry_Guy1440 said:
HAIL TO THE KING, BABY
Sweet Jeebus, if tthat could be made to work via network, I would play for days without sleep.

We just need an IPX mod for DOSBox.. :) EDIT: There was a TCP/IP mod, but I don't think it worked very well.

EDIT 2: OH HELL YES.... http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=4328

5 Quatloos to the first who can make this run multiplayer.

Icculus port of Duke Nukem 3d (the one ported to everything including gp2x) has a working netplay mode.
Although it's a bit unstable, I played many matches with people overseas and really enjoyed it.
So, network play should work out of the box on pandora.

Why there's no Castlevania SOTN (PSX) pic on this topic?
358ukxl.jpg

Anyway, I'd like to play most of those games you said guys.
Specially the PSX and N64 ones.

Okay here goes;

native;
- battle for wesnoth
- Quake 2 & 3
- Doom

Scumm;
- Monkey Island II
- Indiana Jones: FOA
- 7th Guest
- Future Wars
- DOTT

c64;
- pirates
- world games
- SorcererLord

Speccy;
- sabre wulf
- jetpac

Atari ST;
- Dungeon Master
- Ultima V
- Defender of the Crown
- vroom
- simcity

Amiga;
- Lord of the Rising Sun
- It came from the desert

N64 (hopefully);
- Banjo Kazoie/Tooie
- Goldeneye
- MarioKart
- Diddy Kong Racing

Exult;
- Ultima 7

DosBox;
- Civilisation
- f1gp
- discworld

Playstation;
- FF7

When I get one probably from the spare first batch or more likely from the second batch, I'm mostly looking forward to playing the C64 version of Great giana sisters, although I won't play it first.

Bosbeetle said:
cappuchok said:
Sheep Dog 'n' Wolf
I really love that game, didnt get it running under xp though. How are you planning to run it on Pandora is there a psx version?

I didn't even know until today that there was a Windows version. :p

Dutch_Cap said:
Prince of Persia:
pnlj1ul.png

I wonder if I can still finish it in under 30 minutes...
I remember that one :) I loved DOS games, though I only got like half way done when I was 6; I could never find the same version online(disk got corrupted)

I work as military historian and will be taking my panny out on field trips and battlefield tours. so any wargames such as the amiga version of Blitzkrieg and Normandy would be excellent - any other ideas?

Back