Asus Eee Pad Transformer (tablet/laptop hybrid) first impressions and ongoing review

so I just bought one of these last night, my buddy just repaid me $500 he owed me from like 2 years ago, should get by friday.

One thing I've been reading about is the eairly model keyboards have a power drain issue said like 5% per hour drain when attached to the tablet regardless of use. Can you check your serial number for something that looks like a b60 or b70 or something like that? They said that b70's are fixed for certian, and some of the b60's have the power drain issue. Also there is susposed to be a problem with undercharge that if you let the keyboard portion drain to 0% that it won't hold a charge ever agian.

Mine starts with neither of those - it's got B40, instead. :blink: What does that mean, if anything?

Mine starts with neither of those - it's got B40, instead. :blink: What does that mean, if anything?

Are you experiencing a drain on the keyboard battery of about 5% an hour regardless if the tablet is on or not when docked?

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly can't tell. I haven't used it for about a week at this point, as some of Android's limitations forced a temporary switch to another machine for some things I needed to get done - the Eee Pad is currently still recharging. :lol:

Once it's back up and running, I'll look into this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just letting y'all know that Android 3.2 is out now and heading towards Asus’ Eee Pad Transformer. :)
yea it's a required update, and still rootable if you're into that kinda thing. no custom roms out for the newer version yet, but some are comming

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1107

overall very happy with it. Gotta say I love the tabbed browser, if I get the keyboard dock I can easily see this being a main laptop replacement

Asus-Teases-Us-With-Transformer-Prime-Page.jpg

The Transformer Optimus Prime is a commeth~

http://tablet-news.com/2011/10/24/asus-transformer-prime-teaser-page-up/

Back