Friday The 15Th.

Phawx said:
Well, I got a 10k raise. And my new paycheck reflecting that increase will be deposited into my account on the 20th. So I am preemptively calling Jan 20th to be "Good News Day"

So that means you actually started working?! Nice!

On a more serious note, you will be making $4.80 per hour more, which will send you into the next tax bracket, so your increase will decrease your net pay by $4.83.

Last edited by a moderator:
is it every person's birthday today or tommorow or what :p

we already have a alcohol thread, now this will be the birthday thread :D

Im 20 at march the 12th. So i guess im good in getting the pandora.

iprice said:
mindlord said:
mali said:
Friday is my birthday. I hate birthdays, so it's a day like any other.
Yours too, huh?... Not going to be much of a reason to celebrate for me either.
Today was my birthday. I was hoping I'd have a Pandora today. A cake is all very well, but a Pandora would have been much better than the icing on the cake. :(
Yeah, I was telling my nephew yesterday that if someone would've bet me 50$ in August that I wouldn't have my Pandora by my birthday. I'd be out 50$. I thought it was a sure thing back then.

NLS said:
*checks www.isitfriday.biz*
Still not Friday :(
Wow, that guy who made that site is making way to much money, that blew his site-idea part of his brain.

borgqueenx said:
Wow, that guy who made that site is making way to much money, that blew his site-idea part of his brain.

on the .org one there is a guy drooling and the brain showing along with some dancing bacon-like thing

borgqueenx said:
is it every person's birthday today or tommorow or what :p

we already have a alcohol thread, now this will be the birthday thread :D

Im 20 at march the 12th. So i guess im good in getting the pandora.

I turn 19 on the 18th! I just want the Pandora as a graduation present to myself, I just graduated from high school on yesterday

Can someone tell me what these are??????
Are the early Pandora prototypes? There are no real helpful descriptions.
They're taken from MWESTON_2007's Photobucket.
I've been admiring the Pandora's evolution (boards, nub, etc) via his images.

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

I see at the base it has the 3 pins which are also on one of the early proto pandora boards I saw in there....
But the shape/rotation looks wrong.

DSC01177.jpg

Thanks for the help!

The first two pictures shows a very old prototype. The 3rd pic shows several board revisions of our Pandora. The three pins are from the power connector. The boards and the old prototype have nothing todo with each other.

Edit:
Chip said:
sbock said:
The story that the Pandora is a different console as the one announced 2007 is completely new to me.
I suppose it depends on what you mean by "announced". If you go back to the big Our New Machine The Pandora thread in August 07, there was nothing announced other than the idea to make something called a "Pandora". The SoC wasn't decided, or even whether or not it would have a keypad. At that point, the only part that had been nailed down was the 800x480 display. Prior to that, Craig had been discussing the idea of making essentially a next-gen GP2X. It was basically the same design as the GP2x, with the obvious problems fixed and a next-gen MES processor. That was when they contracted some fly-by-night company to design the thing for them, and they made of with something like $30,000 without producing anything usable.

As far as I can tell, the first render and actual details (still not final, but close) of what could be considered an actual Pandora were shown on or around Dec. 20 07. At least that's when the first thread complaining about it showed up. Since then, the case has received several minor modifications, we've gotten a new SoC with twice the RAM and NAND storage, the keypad was redesigned, the analog nubs had to be redesigned and manufactured from scratch, and bluetooth has been added. It's been evolving the whole time.

mali said:
The first two pictures shows a very old prototype. The 3rd pic shows several board revisions of our Pandora. The three pins are from the power connector. The boards and the old prototype have nothing todo with each other.

Wow, looking at those early prototypes I sure am glad they took the time to make it right :)

Did u read the older threads that Mali linked?
No one liked the design!

So many people disliking the original design (the white version of the current one I'm guessing)?

Good read though!

why is everyone so excited for today? Is it really just because we find out if the factory have stuck to their word and posted some more samples?

gibberish said:
why is everyone so excited for today? Is it really just because we find out if the factory have stuck to their word and posted some more samples?
Yes! We are so cynical about this company now that simply keeping a single shipping date is news worthy.

Back