Here's Hoping We Get Some News Before The Weekend.

jumpman said:
Craig said the current moulds are only good for about 10,000 units, before the mould goes bad! So any number above that will have to have a new mould produced. Which should be fairly easy, considering they can just match it to the current one! So hopefully it won't take forever to produce more cases.

No I didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
^
owned9wz.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA. :huh: :pandora2ut4:

Not to laugh at anyone - it was just frikken funny!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :rolleyes:

GizmoTheGreen said:
though im quite sure someone said something like that...

Yes, there was a comment about aluminum moulds vs current moulds and the lifetime in terms of injections was mentioned there. Im not sure if I read this @blog or forums.

That image made me make funny noises :)

Like I've mentioned before, I think there was a misunderstanding because cheap aluminum molds were compared to the steel ones, and they were said to last about 10'000 times which someone (probably more then one) mixed up with the 10'000 minimum order.

Awakening> I believe you are correct. There was a discussing about some company using aluminium (I believe) for making smaller run and prototyping. This seems a good compromise if you only need a limited number produced.
It's funny how information got distorted...

I really hope the cases that will ship will be perfect. It's all pretty crazy... we basically were told to wait about 2 week until the 15 and then another two week passed by. So basically they have taken once month to tweak those cases. That's a long time...

I am really longing for my Pandora ;)

marshal said:
Awakening> I believe you are correct. There was a discussing about some company using aluminium (I believe) for making smaller run and prototyping. This seems a good compromise if you only need a limited number produced.
It's funny how information got distorted...
If my memory serves me correctly, didn't that come up when somebody mentioned prices from Europe-based moulding companies? It was definitely here on the forum not long ago... It's proving really difficult to track down, though. :lol: EDIT: jumpman posted what I was looking for below.

Bosbeetle said:
what do you sew prometheus?
Haha, I'm a toymaker. Unfortunately that's not a skill I can use to contribute anything around here. :lol: (Well, unless perhaps some sort of "collectors' edition" boxed game ever calls for goodies of the squishy variety, in which case I might volunteer to make a few things. :p )

craigix said:
fusion_power said:
craigix said:
Yeah if we are happy they can just spit out the 10,000 pretty quick, 10k is their MINIMUM order, they will probably be more used to orders in the hundreds of thousands. Maybe our small order is why it's taken so long. I don't know.
I know, there are "small-series" Companies that make Prototypes and small batches, 5-10k maybe. I'm sure, your order would be higher priority there and you could save money because the batch could be only 4000 first, instead of 10k minimum of the choosen Factory. ;)
Anyway, too late and of course I can't guarantee, that the small Factories are cheaper or equal than tha choosen company. ^^"""

The problem is their moulds only last about 10k pieces before they are damaged. I think they make them from aluminium rather than steel.

craigix said:
jumpman said:
Craig said the current moulds are only good for about 10,000 units, before the mould goes bad! So any number above that will have to have a new mould produced. Which should be fairly easy, considering they can just match it to the current one! So hopefully it won't take forever to produce more cases.

No I didn't.
It was said, Just not in regards to Pandora's moulds! My Mistake, and My apologies to Craig! So how many cases are our moulds actually good for? Just curious!

Chris

The source of the 10K mixup (the direct linking doesn't seem to be working. It's post 197 on page 14)
Craig did say "their moulds only last about 10k pieces before they are damaged" but that was talking about the companies that specialize in smaller, sub 10K runs.

edit: d'oh :ph34r:

WolfSpider said:
Why are these little tweaks taking so long? The bigger tweaks didn't take nearly as long.
you responded to yourself that, little tweat take more time.

and Again,

WHO SAID MOULDS LAST ONLY 10K productions?
ive seen moulds last more than 10 Years. on normal use.

unless they are making them with bronce, copper or lead they will last at least a nice ammount of runs.

There's a common saying that 80% of the work takes 20% of the time while the other 20% takes 80% of the time. Some even use 90/10. This basically means that perfection is what takes the most time to do. 80% is the amount of work required for something to work while the other 20% is polish.

LOL, I just invented an old traditional saying :p

if you have to explain an adage then find a smarter audience

I mean, seriously? we got it in the first sentence :p , no need for the guided tour :lol: (just joshing you...better that than some snark posting "thank you captain obvious" or something :D )

Since my comment didn't appeared in Gruso blog i ask here (i begin to scare that someone flagged me in akismet system as spammer)

Does that cases made from last mould need a previous test or this cases are the final cases for mass production?

IF all the nfo that i read is true. then:

REV 3 (the one expected on 15 is going to be shipped this weekend) and
OPT always had one and only one set of moulds still on tweaking, so i dont understand why talking about another moulds. (i dont think they make one mould per tweak unless they F*ck it up pretty bad.)

so just need 1 Green lite to get the MP start pumping it out.

Prometheus said:
Bosbeetle said:
what do you sew prometheus?
Haha, I'm a toymaker. Unfortunately that's not a skill I can use to contribute anything around here. :lol: (Well, unless perhaps some sort of "collectors' edition" boxed game ever calls for goodies of the squishy variety, in which case I might volunteer to make a few things. :p )

Pandora plushie! :p

craigix said:
Here is some, tomorrow I'm signing the paperwork for the next 8000 units.

That is good news because when I get my Pandora I know each of my sons will want one.

Back