Next Big Deadline (january 15th)

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
:ph34r: what could we expect around the 15th, some CNC prototypes. And maybe even the final go for the production.

/me is excited

If they meet that deadline, what we can expect is a message from them saying "we met the design deadline." According to the mini roadmap we'll see the first CNC model one or two weeks after that.

Gruso said:
If they meet that deadline, what we can expect is a message from them saying "we met the design deadline." According to the mini roadmap we'll see the first CNC model one or two weeks after that.

yes so lets hope the deadline is met :) Does anybody know if the CNC prototypes will be painted or will they be white ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect that the CNC prototypes will be the left unpainted and will be milled out of a block of plastic that is a good colour for showing stress points - so a neutral grey or off-white is most likely.
Remember that a prototype is made to prove or test the manufacturing and assembly process, not as a "shiny shiny" to attract or appease buyers. All the devs want from the prototype is to see that the shapes fit together. colour and finish can all wait for production output!

John

johnny_gadget said:
I suspect that the CNC prototypes will be the left unpainted and will be milled out of a block of plastic that is a good colour for showing stress points - so a neutral grey or off-white is most likely.
Remember that a prototype is made to prove or test the manufacturing and assembly process, not as a "shiny shiny" to attract or appease buyers. All the devs want from the prototype is to see that the shapes fit together. colour and finish can all wait for production output!

John

True, I was just wondering. Another thing this will be used for testing of course but are they likely to make a flull working prototype. WIth lcd etc all working. Would be nice to see pictures of that. Especially the controls

Bosbeetle said:
True, I was just wondering. Another thing this will be used for testing of course but are they likely to make a flull working prototype. WIth lcd etc all working. Would be nice to see pictures of that. Especially the controls

Oh yes indeedy. I just hope Hando has the servers jacked up on steroids when the first complete video lands, or we'll all be offline for a week.

There probably won't be much to see, it's correct that the CNC case will be white and look a little strange, but it's the final step before MP of the cases.

We do have some photos of what the buttons will look like, which may be a little more exciting:

examplekeys.jpg

That's obviously not the Pandora keys, but that's the style of coating they will have.

Well - they have the batteries (see blog) nearly there

The prototype should then come together nicely - with vids then on server

Just hope its not like the scenario when the server gets hammered with everyone trying to view the vids - kinda like when ordering for Pandora first started - I eventually got mine in near deadline time :blink:

===
gp32_console + :gp2x and possibly soon :pandora1:

http://gp2xwizandpandora.blogspot.com/

craigix said:
There probably won't be much to see, it's correct that the CNC case will be white and look a little strange, but it's the final step before MP of the cases.

We do have some photos of what the buttons will look like, which may be a little more exciting:

picture

That's obviously not the Pandora keys, but that's the style of coating they will have.

That looks like a nice style of coating, especially if it sits on a grey mat. (otherwise the edges might look weird with a white rim)

So we get the same kind of buttons as a euh "massage" device :blink:

Have to show this to my GF.... :p

I can see there'll be some mileage in this one. :D

Personally I'll just set it to Auto, then lay back and think of England.

I'm guessing from that installation they're 'wipe clean' ... do I have to finish this?

:blush: :D

Don't think of England - it's grey and glum right now. Sort of like Manchester all over...

Doe's that mean the keys are going to be shiny and rounded?

Squidge said:

Yes so now we know the finish on the buttons, will we also already see a real pandora mat (with finish) in the prototype or will that be the prototype mat (that was hard to press) that was already shown?

I assume that the prototype will be used to fit the components

Back