Have We Got A Tracking Number For The Cases?

fusion_power said:
craigix said:
Yep, this is it, building will start next week, probably on Wednesday.
What exaclty happens within that (loooong) week? ;)

Preparations for the next week. Showing the final-final-final build in a video on the official website. Enjoying the downtime of these forums and the official website, because technology websites posted the news about this glorious moment. Champagne for OpenPandora, and us of course. Nake... uhm...

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
andyB911 said:
craigix said:
Yep, this is it, building will start next week, probably on Wednesday.

Great news. So the first punters should (all being well) have their Pandora's in their hands within 2 weeks !! :D

Cross your fingers everyone !

We're hoping we can send out 16 on the first day.
PLEASE SOMEBODY REVIEW ONE OF THOSE 16 AHHHHHHHH SCRRRRREEAM!

TylerAW said:

dude, what's the deal? Are your parents making you cancel a pre-order you've held for a year and a half if they don't ship next week?

for them to pull something you've waited for that long for out at the last moment is an act of bad parenting. I'd slap my own father if he even suggested such a thing.

I'm sure they aren't looking at the situation that way, but obviously some sense could be talked into them to wait just a slight bit longer.

Dead1nside said:
rmm21 said:
craigix said:
The reason Michael isn't flying yet is because we want to make sure the cases are here. It's just our luck for Michael to arrive then we hear a volcano has erupted... again.

Yeah, not to be a killjoy, but isn't it logical to have Michael there before the cases are released from UK customs so he can apply the time consuming fix to the boards and have them ready, or at least a good many done, before they are put toward assembly by the other team members and the temps? :huh:

I'd say the same thing. It's up to the devs how they want to proceed though. I would've though Michael would want to make sure everything's setup so you can hit the ground running. As well as probably making a start on that resistor mod.

The only thing that makes sense after all the weeks of preparation toward this milestone is that the team is postponing assembly till May 19th at the earliest for something important that remains undisclosed publicly. Perhaps the delaying is related to an OS issue they want fixed up at launch. ;)

rmm21 said:
The only thing that makes sense after all the weeks of preparation toward this milestone is that the team is postponing assembly till May 19th at the earliest for something important that remains undisclosed publicly. Perhaps the delaying is related to an OS issue they want fixed up at launch. ;)
Nope.
If the team wants to hide an OS bug or a missing part or what ever, they just would let a volcano erupt like they did some weeks ago.
However, this time it would be the Vesuv in Italy.

Creature XL said:
rmm21 said:
Nope.
If the team wants to hide an OS bug or a missing part or what ever, they just would let a volcano erupt like they did some weeks ago.

What's all this about hiding stuff and alternative motives. I know I wouldn't want to spend the time and money to fly to the UK from America just to find out when I get there that there was no cases to begin with, or they're all dorked up or something. Just to have to fly back home, then come back out a month later... doesn't quite sound like a fun time.

As much as we want to have our precious, and as much as OP wants to shut us up, I don't think they would make stupid decisions just to keep us quiet a little bit sooner than later. I call no foul.

rmm21 said:
Dead1nside said:
rmm21 said:
craigix said:
The reason Michael isn't flying yet is because we want to make sure the cases are here. It's just our luck for Michael to arrive then we hear a volcano has erupted... again.

Yeah, not to be a killjoy, but isn't it logical to have Michael there before the cases are released from UK customs so he can apply the time consuming fix to the boards and have them ready, or at least a good many done, before they are put toward assembly by the other team members and the temps? :huh:

I'd say the same thing. It's up to the devs how they want to proceed though. I would've though Michael would want to make sure everything's setup so you can hit the ground running. As well as probably making a start on that resistor mod.

No,they have been transparent all along.There is nothing hidden here by o.p im sure.
Just hope the chinese factory delivers............. :)

Na-Noo said:
urjaman said:
IIRC: Way back in the distant past there was some problem with the Royal Mail (a strike?), so they said that everybody in the UK would get delivery by UPS. I dont think that is valid anymore, but dunno for sure.
Thanks I couldn't remember the context or even how long ago that was mentioned. Like you said, may not even be applicable any more.

When it was said, it sounded like it was a done deal from that moment forth, but can easily see why they would say it's no longer the case.

It was for while the Royal Mail were on strike, and during the ensuing aftermath, in the UK.

jb0yx said:
TylerAW said:

dude, what's the deal? Are your parents making you cancel a pre-order you've held for a year and a half if they don't ship next week?

for them to pull something you've waited for that long for out at the last moment is an act of bad parenting. I'd slap my own father if he even suggested such a thing.

I'm sure they aren't looking at the situation that way, but obviously some sense could be talked into them to wait just a slight bit longer.
I got in line at the last minute about 2 weeks ago

TylerAW said:
jb0yx said:
TylerAW said:

Ohh pfft, whatever then, you might miss like a half day at most if you have to reorder... Sorry your parents are hard asses, at least I know they aren't heartless

jb0yx said:
Creature XL said:
rmm21 said:
Nope.

What's all this about hiding stuff and alternative motives. I know I wouldn't want to spend the time and money to fly to the UK from America just to find out when I get there that there was no cases to begin with, or they're all dorked up or something. Just to have to fly back home, then come back out a month later... doesn't quite sound like a fun time.

As much as we want to have our precious, and as much as OP wants to shut us up, I don't think they would make stupid decisions just to keep us quiet a little bit sooner than later. I call no foul.

A final OS tweak as why they don't start ASAP would be sensible and a prudent decision on OPs part. No conspiracy implied for tender forum ears, it's only that ED said some time ago that every delay in shipping the Pandoras out costs him 500EUR extra a month, so it's strange they don't want Michael W. there even without the cases in hand to get started right away on the slow work only he will do for those 700 board fixes(they don't need him to assemble them since they already have the instructions on how to do it and they have plenty of help).

Perhaps a later start works out so they are together for the final boxing and Champagne toasting for a job, done. :)

TylerAW said:
No, you placed an order and didn't pay.

Either pay, or cancel your order. You are just wasting people's time with this crap.

rmm21 said:

A final OS tweak as why they don't start ASAP would be sensible and a prudent decision on OPs part. No conspiracy implied for tender forum ears, it's only that ED said some time ago that every delay in shipping the Pandoras out costs him 500EUR extra a month, so it's strange they don't want Michael W. there even without the cases in hand to get started right away on the slow work only he will do for those 700 board fixes(they don't need him to assemble them since they already have the instructions on how to do it and they have plenty of help).

Perhaps a later start works out so they are together for the final boxing and Champagne toasting for a job, done. :)

If they have already received the shipment of ~800 boards with the changed resistor they would not be loosing any time really.

Hmmm....

It seems as though I have hit my "wall" with the Pandora.
Even though we are now at the point where we could all finally have them within 2 months...
I think I'm over the Pandora... I have been waiting and watching for well over a year, we are now this close and..... BAM!

I don't think I will cancel as I have waited this long... but.... hmmm... :blink:

:pandora2ut4: ?

Monk said:
It was for while the Royal Mail were on strike, and during the ensuing aftermath, in the UK.

See I didn't even know about that delay since I wasn't paying attention for about a year. Someone should make a documentary about these delays. I'm serious.

BCable said:
Monk said:
See I didn't even know about that delay since I wasn't paying attention for about a year. Someone should make a documentary about these delays. I'm serious.
If that was actually a delay, you would have gotten your Pandora months ago. :p

Line O said:
So... uh... what are you saying, Your Majesty? :)

:huh: Me?
I'll probably leave it sitting in a box under the bed for a while like the psp/gp2x/iphone and most other toys.

Back