Here's Hoping We Get Some News Before The Weekend.

Sweet, three pages of non-news. Craig should have been a magician. His misdirection skills are uncanny.

Phawx said:
Sweet, three pages of non-news. Craig should have been a magician. His misdirection skills are uncanny.
You are so right!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
jumpman said:
Yeah, the plan is to ship the new revision, and the factory be prepared to turn out 4000 ASAP before the holiday! I have not seen any confirmation that those revision 3 test cases have actually shipped! Maybe I missed it? As far as the extra cases go, Craig said the current moulds are only good for about 10,000 units, before the mould goes bad! So any number above that will have to have a new mould produced. Which should be fairly easy, considering they can just match it to the current one! So hopefully it won't take forever to produce more cases. It should be done well before everything else is done for batch number 2!
I believe these are high quality metal molds that lasts much longer then 10'000 units. I think that's what they've said. 10'000 units is just the minimum order, big companies have minimum orders because it's not worth it for them to do small orders.

mali said:
jumpman said:
As far as the extra cases go, Craig said the current moulds are only good for about 10,000 units, before the mould goes bad! So any number above that will have to have a new mould produced. Which should be fairly easy, considering they can just match it to the current one! So hopefully it won't take forever to produce more cases. It should be done well before everything else is done for batch number 2!
Nah. 10000 is just the minimum you have to order. The moulds breaking after 10000 pieces is new to me.
I believe it was Craig who compared these molds to the cheaper ones that only lasts about 10'000 times and people just got confused with the whole 10'000 minimum order.

mali said:
Nah. 10000 is just the minimum you have to order. The moulds breaking after 10000 pieces is new to me.
Something to that effect was said, I remember it as well. What I don't remember, now that I'm thinking on it, is if it was said "these moulds only last about 10'000 runs" or "We got the good moulds because standard moulds only last for 10'000" or something like that.

Phawx said:
You won't get any news by asking right now. We are waiting for Fatih, afaik. ED's twitter account and the official blog is the place to look at right now.

WizardStan said:
Something to that effect was said, I remember it as well. What I don't remember, now that I'm thinking on it, is if it was said "these moulds only last about 10'000 runs" or "We got the good moulds because standard moulds only last for 10'000" or something like that.
There were discussions, but it had something todo with Aluminum vs. steel IIRC. From the pics these moulds clearly look like steel.

craigix said:
We spoke to the factory, they confirmed the moulds are finished and they are shipping final samples this weekend.

ZOINK!!!

edit: everything I said isn't valid in the presence of real news

craigix said:
We spoke to the factory, they confirmed the moulds are finished and they are shipping final samples this weekend.
Hey, it was sayed they are already on its way to MWeston and only a little bit delayed because of the bad weather. (?) Are we continuing the "next week" game forever and ever now? :(

So in reality, they indeed took 2 Weeks since their "dead line" onto the 15. to really finish the stuff? There really is a gigantic communication gap between here and the Factory. Well, I'm sure everyone who is involved had learned alot and next time you use a Translator before you start with working with the factory and not after. ;)

craigix said:
If the green light isn't given by the 3rd, there is no way they can make 4000 before Chinese New Year, unfortunately. Unless the factory runs on weekends as well, in which case they have until the 5th. I think, anyway.

@Fusion
*sigh*
You are frequenting two boards, it can't be that you missed the latest progress, can it?

Paradox said:
there's going to be such a huge shitstorm if these cases are still not perfect and we need more tweaks D:
I think the bigger issue right now is thses cases being OK, and they don't have the time get any produced before the holiday. That will be an even bigger kick in the balls! If there shipping this weekend, it's going to be damn close(right in line with my ealier estimates). Maybe a few hundred, maybe even a thousand can get produced, but all 4000? I really don't know if that will happen. This is a chance for the factory to step up, and show that they can get the job done, finally! Although I wouldn't place any bets on that happening, but good luck to us all! <_<

Chris

craigix said:
Oh, lets wait until the chinese interpreter, friend of Fatih, do confirm us that it's correct. :D

Now, seriously, let's hope there are no problems this time with the case. :)

mali said:
@Fusion
*sigh*
You are frequenting two boards, it can't be that you missed the latest progress, can it?
Yeah Fusion, the 15th was way old news! But based on that, can we really say they are finally shipping this weekend? I dont know!

Chris

Better get ready for the shitstorm...I'll take anyone's money that 4000 cases don't ship before the Chinese new year. I've tried really hard to hold back my cynicism, honestly, but the damn is bursting!

Back