Next Big Deadline (january 15th)

lobski said:
Gruso said:
lobski said:
16th now.
...and?

Somewhere in the world, Pandoras are being made.

Nope. Read what craigix actually said:
craigix said:
Yes it's complete. FDM will be here soon (and we will post photos of that with battery, keypad and all) then the CNC (takes longer).
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=46170
craigix said:
We will have the first MP test boards at the start of next month (if all should go according to plan) these will then have to be populated but it should not take too long.
So a model of the final case is being made. Nothing more (at the moment).

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Yes it's complete. FDM will be here soon (and we will post photos of that with battery, keypad and all) then the CNC (takes longer).

Fingers crossed for a smooth process.

just wondering if the 1-2 weeks given in the "Happ new year" news are for the CNC or the FDM prototype

Zeno Arrow said:
lobski said:
Gruso said:
lobski said:
16th now.
...and?

Somewhere in the world, Pandoras are being made.

Nope. Read what craigix actually said:
craigix said:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=46170
craigix said:
We will have the first MP test boards at the start of next month (if all should go according to plan) these will then have to be populated but it should not take too long.
So a model of the final case is being made. Nothing more (at the moment).

That quote by craig is taken out of context. Someone asked him about a pandora for developers, and he said that test boards would be had at the start of next month. That does not mean that The consumer's Pandoras won't be made until then.

However, I don't believe that the consumer's Pandora's will be made until at least after they get the FDM in.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
That quote by craig is taken out of context. Someone asked him about a pandora for developers, and he said that test boards would be had at the start of next month. That does not mean that The consumer's Pandoras won't be made until then.
MP = Mass Production, so the quote was not taken out of context. You don't test mass production after you've started it.

I think it's possible that they will, actually. He does say "MP test boards". I doubt they'll run off 4000 without confirming that the first ones off the line are good first.

In any case (and putting all that credit card crap aside), things are on schedule according to the roadmap.

Gruso said:
I think it's possible that they will, actually. He does say "MP test boards". I doubt they'll run off 4000 without confirming that the first ones off the line are good first.
Eh? Those 'first ones off the line' ARE the test boards!!! The point I was trying to make (to lobski originally) was that Pandoras weren't in production somewhere right now, including the test boards. Does it really take two weeks (for that is the amount of time we have left until the end of this month) just to run off a few test boards? I highly doubt it.

In any case, I agree that the project is currently following its current schedule nicely.

Ah sorry, didn't take in the context properly. :)

Re: the two weeks until test boards are made, I guess they have to fit in with the factory's timetable as well. (If only they could pop next door and get a few run off, eh. :p)

Gruso said:
things are on schedule according to the roadmap.

Zeno Arrow said:
I agree that the project is currently following its current schedule nicely.
Which roadmap or schedule are you referring to?

Back